PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Texans Post game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The next time someone tells you that Brady sucks under pressure from the pass rush, show them this game. The first down to Brandon Lloyd that got called back was absolutely draw dropping. No room at all in the pocket, a guy right on top of him... people like to talk about a quick release, today I can't figure out how Brady was getting the ball out of there, and with such precision. Brady has the best pocket presence in NFL history.

Yes, it was simply amazing.

lloyd had a very good game

Posted from Patsfans.com App for Android

OK, I am sure this is totally off-topic, but I just watched the recording of Big Vince's interview after the game on ESPN and I don't think my man crush can get any bigger. We are so lucky to have this man on our team. He needs another ring!

Great game! Really proud/impressed by our defense. Can't believe we were able to do this without Gronk. Welker needs to get rid of his butterfingers. Lloyd is the happiest man on the planet. Would like to see the offensive line do an even better job protecting Brady. Dennard and Talib did a good job, I thought. Big game from Arrington.

PatriotFan77 said:
I'm excited to hear Skip, Deion, Heath, and all the other buffoons blow the patriots all week. Soothing.

meanwhile Stephen a. will still trash the pats and brady

Posted from Patsfans.com App for Android

A copy/paste of Jays52 post for those who missed it.

Cheers dude.

No disrespect to anyone else that posts here, even the long lost great Box, but Jays is by a million miles the best contributor to this forum.

Love it when he starts talking X's and O's.

OK, I am sure this is totally off-topic, but I just watched the recording of Big Vince's interview after the game on ESPN and I don't think my man crush can get any bigger. We are so lucky to have this man on our team. He needs another ring!

remember when people were trying to brand him a dirty player because of that fluke injury to Trent Edwards (or whichever JAG QB the Bills had at that point)? Talk about a total misrepresentation.

Do I really have to remind you about 2010?
This team is much better and more balanced. And, no, you don't have to remind me about any Patriots game going back to 1960. I've seen all of them. Nice try.

Suzy Kolber is kind of funny to listen to here. She's openly annoyed that it was such a blowout - keeps saying how it was supposed to be a good game or whatever.

I wonder if non-Patriots fans stop watching when Tom Brady is playing. One day they'll be telling their grandkids about how they couldn't watch the greatest eviscerate the NFL on MNF.

Or... they'll stop watching, then later tell their grandkids "I was There to witness history" :bricks:

it was a great interview. Even Dilfer and Young, who both picked Houston, were gracious. Of course, what else were they going to be? Got
A laugh on the Jets Insider site where they claim the Pats are still cheating. LMFAO

What ELSE are Rats fans going to say?

They've have a choice between delusion and reality, and reality leads to insanity for them.

Cheers dude.

No disrespect to anyone else that posts here, even the long lost great Box, but Jays is by a million miles the best contributor to this forum.

Love it when he starts talking X's and O's.

Need to get him to do that more. X's and O's talks have fallen by the wayside on this forum for some reason or another. Used to be we got plenty from BOR, Pats1, Unoriginal, etc. but they're gone. I know Unoriginal is still around, but rarely posts.

Watching today i was really nervous about this game as the houstons are a very good team.

People who impressed me:
Dennard and Talib... they both did a great job in coverage.
Mayo had his best game this year
Wilfork had another great game
McCourty's starting to find his feet at Saftey great play. I will also say dennard had some tight coverage on that play as well.

On Offense it was just great to see out OL healthy. When we are healthy we are a very veyr good unit, including the suprising blocking of Hoomanawanui who had some key plays today in the running game.
Lloyd had a breakout game and did what he was brought in to do... beat man coverage.
I was actually very happy with all our RB's they all made plays and are a really solid unit.

Great win against a good team... now lets get this 1st round bye.

People bring up pats beatdown of jets 45-3 and then losing in the playoffs. Some people can never be satisfied...

Great game despite the offense stalling for 4 straight series. Not sure why McDaniels insisted on running the same formation for like 10 of 13 plays (Trips Right, Lloyd left and RB next to Brady), but it was ridiculous...

Thought that some of the hits by Watt on Brady were a tad late.

Thought that the refs let way too much holding go by both O-lines..

I think that the Shiancoe experiment is about done. Though it was a hard thrown ball, that's a catch he's got to make.

Wish they had used Bolden earlier.

Overall, great team win.

Next up, the 49ers and another damn good defense..

Did we really get Alfonzo Dennard in the fricken' 7th round?

What a steal. I love everything about his game.

just got in from the Razor...look, help me out...I'm scared out of my wits...I think JJ Watt followed me....
eek.gif

Re: Mayo's best game

Today was the day Mayo became a Patriot.... Playmaker!

Kid was unreal.

Pats have a lot of playmakers on defense all of a sudden: Wilfork and Mayo were beasts. Jones was eased back in, but he's been a playmaker all season. McCourty is emerging as a Pro Bowl caliber FS and playmaker. Talib and Dennard are legitimate. Spikes and Hightower. Ninkovich. Now that the secondary can give them some breathing room, suddenly all those supposedly playmakers on the defense are ... playmakers.

Did we really get Alfonzo Dennard in the fricken' 7th round?

What a steal. I love everything about his game.

And all because BB bribed some off-duty cop to pick a fight with him in some bar. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back