PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Jets game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arrington did a good job as a starter, but he never should have been there.

With two good corners backing up McCourty to saferty, we get instant qualit depth at both positions, plus lots of guys who can play slot, outside, or safety.

No comparison to last year. Trash depth just means more trash. Also have Moore available if necessary, which is a lot better than sifting through the leagues trash if problems arise.

Wouldn't be awful to use Scott or Francis more while we work Jones back in. If we get more pass rushers with confidence, that leaves a depth issue at LB and a lack of a cover linebacker, which could be a way to get Gregory, Chung and Wilson some playing time to solve coverage issues.

I'd like one more tackle, but Brace could spell Love sometimes, which, I assume, is why he's on the roster. Don't laugh, the guy can stone ball carriers and collapse the pocket, so while he's breathing, I'll assume he'll be able to play.

What I'm saying is, opposed to last year, when we depended on prayer, this whole defense can come together. Doesn't mean they will, but they have the horses IMO.
Not just on D, but look at the depth the Pats have on nearly every offensive position. This team is built solid and should, once again, peak for the playoffs. This time will be more dependable all the way through.

see, screw them. If they can keep trying to score, why the hell cant we keep playing?

Because we are the big bad meanie Pats, with a coach who________ (fill in space here.) F'm All, really. Do we really care anymore. The Pats will never be a good , honest, sportsmanlike team. :rolleyes:.

I love the smell of scorched rodent pelts in the evening.

God help me but I do love it so.

untitled-1vcu8i.gif

Rexy presser on NFLN:

- Physically much better on defense than how we played. That team is good enough we didn't have to play (turnovers). Fans deserve a heckuva lot better than this. Our fans are gonna get everything we have ...I can promise you that ..."

But the hit on Edelman was perfectly legal... :rolleyes: :mad:
While I think that the penalty on Dennard was ludicrous, there was absolutely nothing wrong with the hit on Edelman.

OTOH I defy anyone to tell me what Dennard was supposed to do. His alternative was to let him score. That's a ridiculous call, almost as bad as the one on Hernandez for pushing off.

BTW- I'm really pissed about that last Jet TD. If the Pats had been running it up and keeping the chains moving that last TD wouldn't have happened. That's what I hate about the whole "running it up" issue. Why aren't the Jets being hit on for throwing the ball on every play when they were down almost 40. Aren't they putting their players at risk of injury in a meaningless situation.

I love the smell of scorched rodent pelts in the evening.

God help me but I do love it so.

I'm reminded of a quote regarding the Donkeys . . .

The score could be Patriots 700, JEST 7, and I still wouldn't want the Patriots to call off the hounds.

More Rex presser:
- 35 points in a quarter is ridiculous
- They executed, we made some serious mistakes. ...they make you pay.
- They won some physical battles against us
-

GOOD NIGHT PATS FANs.........

to the trolls fans of JETS/RAVENS/STEELERS........... GO BACK DOWN TO your MOMMAS basement you got to get up tomorrow and get back to your janitor job in MC Donaldsssssssssssss

Props to Ryan for his P.C.. He's being a standup guy, talking about mistakes his team made while crediting the Patriots, and he's giving real answers to questions about actual plays.

Props to Ryan for his P.C.. He's being a standup guy, talking about mistakes his team made while crediting the Patriots, and he's giving real answers to questions about actual plays.

True. But he's also spewing the same usual rhetoric about how the fans will always get their best and all that blah blah. At some point that rings hollow.

While I think that the penalty on Dennard was ludicrous, there was absolutely nothing wrong with the hit on Edelman.

OTOH I defy anyone to tell me what Dennard was supposed to do. His alternative was to let him score. That's a ridiculous call, almost as bad as the one on Hernandez for pushing off.

BTW- I'm really pissed about that last Jet TD. If the Pats had been running it up and keeping the chains moving that last TD wouldn't have happened. That's what I hate about the whole "running it up" issue. Why aren't the Jets being hit on for throwing the ball on every play when they were down almost 40. Aren't they putting their players at risk of injury in a meaningless situation.

There is no "running it up" , It's a fabrication created by the the man to bring us down.... Man. :scared:

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference