PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Jets Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady has plenty of time back there. Sometimes other teams, or units therein, are actually pretty good. Credit where credit is due.[/QUOTE]

The sad thing is that the Jets' defense has been so bad so far that even with little pressure, the Pats receivers are wide open. If Brady and his receivers can get a little continuity in the second half, the Pats can still put 30 plus on them.

Tom E. Curran ‏@tomecurran 46s
Raining like a wicked heavy rainstorm right now.

Need to protect the football . This has to favor the jets.

1. Rex Ryan is a fat dummy for over celebrating the missed field goal with his team down 3-13. This guy's pretty dumb. He should also change that stupid shirt, what a clutz.

2. How the heck are we going to stop the mannings, kaps, flaccos with this crappy secondary for the 5th season in a row?

3. Undrafted rookies suck.

Anyone not expecting the Jets to storm down the field to start the third quarter?

I'm very encouraged by Dobson and Thompkins's ability to get open. Dobson just needs to hit the Jugs machine. The Amendola injury could be a blessing in disguise as it will give these guys an opportunity to build chemistry with brady as the 4/5 options later in the year.

I still dont get why they dont run the ball.

I think two things are going on-- one struggling to run vs the NYJ, and two trying to get Brady and the new WRs in synch through a trial by fire method in live game situations that cannot be replicated.

The three best things about this game are:

1. The score.
2. The Patriots' pass rush.
3. (Uh, I'm trying to come up with something ...)

Oh yeah -- lack of injury. That's very good.

Raining. Ridley better apply some contact cement on his whole body.

I think two things are going on-- one struggling to run vs the NYJ, and two trying to get Brady and the new WRs in synch through a trial by fire method in live game situations that cannot be replicated.

I dont think that is the case. the wRs are 1-1 so they are logically going to them . Okay fine. But 3rd and 1 , you have to pick up a running down.

Tom E. Curran ‏@tomecurran 46s
Raining like a wicked heavy rainstorm right now.

Need to protect the football . This has to favor the jets.

I don't know if it favors either team. Both offenses are playing like they have been playing in torrential downpours all game.

He has missed a couple of wide open WRs too but overall Iam disappointed they havent tried to establish the run . 12 of 24 passes to edelman is not going to win you much and you need to take adv of changes and interceptions.

I think Brady's the reason we're not running the ball as much as we probably should. Every time he throws an incompletion, he wants a completion. That's just his competitiveness. And the Jets have done a good job stopping Ridley on some critical plays.

I recently heard that the Pats were $10M below the cap. But doesn't the current players agreement require all teams to spend to the limit? Confused about that. Those extra millions could have paid for Welker, Mesko, etc.

Brady has plenty of time back there. Sometimes other teams, or units therein, are actually pretty good. Credit where credit is due.

Agreed. I've been surprised at how bad their secondary has looked.

Raining no problem ... dink and dunk time.

If you thought the 1st half was sloppy, the 2nd half will change your mind what with this rain. Just hoping for no injuries.

Its painful to watch Brady....the Michael Jordan of the sport..get to work with high school trash this year. It's really a crime he doesn't have 5 rings by now.

1. It's a team building philosophy trying to fit in under the salary cap. You sacrifice certain aspects to get better in others. The end result is usually a very competitive team around here.

2. You'll be glad in the next couple/few yrs when lots of other teams are screwed and we're able to retain key players and continue to stay a winner in the future.

3. I don't think we can blame Belichick for Gronkowski, Vereen, and Amendola being injured at the moment. Edelman looks fine in the slot. Once these rookies get on the same page and we get a player or two back things will look much different.

My gripe is the current state of the running game, which needs to step it up.

I understand this. And to an extent we have to understand that Hernandez's loss has had a huge effect on this team and it is no one in the front office's fault.

The one thing i will say is. Could 1-2 mil more for Sanders really have been that hard to come up with. It could have possibly taken the steelers right out of the market and we have another vet receiver in our ranks. That criticism is probably a bit harsh.

But i will say this, either we need to invest in becoming a top 5 defense or we need to give TB the weapons to make this Offense a post season nightmare. Those are the only 2 ways i can see us realistically getting Tom his 4th ring.

Anyone not expecting the Jets to storm down the field to start the third quarter?

Iam half expecting our D to leave wide open spaces again after the break. Hope Iam wrong. The pass rush is goign to slow down with the rain anyway.

Tonight's weather report. Lightning blitzes with a chance of Butt Fumbles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents