PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Jets Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Please post your comments, knee jerk reactions, and insightful observations about toinght's game vs the NY Jets, on this thread.

Tonight's game is suppose to kickoff at 8:25 PM EDT. the game will be televised on NFLN and, I believe channel 5 in Boston.

According to Reiss the weather is suppose to be humid but no rain.
New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

Let hope for a good game with no injuries and a Patriots victory.

Last edited:
I'm glad that the weather in Foxboro is different from the weather have in So. Maine. We have been having heavy thunderstorms since 2PM and warnings are up until 10PM tonight.

In fact, with that steak of lightning I just saw, it's time to shut off and unplug the computer for a while. If we lose cable, I'm really going to be pissed.

Last edited:
I hope Reiss is right about no rain. Even if it theoretically would favor us, I would rather have minimal outside effect against a team we should still beat even with the injuries. Plus rain hasn't been as kind to us like snow has from my recollection.

I dunno, looking at the radar it looks unavoidable. Might not be as strong as areas to the north, but it definitely looks like there will be some rain.

. @nflnetwork: From @RapSheet: 'Danny Amendola could miss 2-6 weeks for the Patriots'

Anyone have a barf bag?

Anyone have a barf bag?

Just watched rap say it live..

ad-charliebrown.gif

I was feeling confident about tonight, but a Eagles co-worker in the building said it would be an easy win for the Pats...:bricks:

Anyone have a barf bag?

Okay, now that's a whole different scenario than what has been proposed and assumed by many. That's one hell of a groin pull.

I wonder where he got this information?

2 weeks would mean that he only misses tonight and comes back for the TB game #3.

3 weeks means that he comes back for the SNF game @ ATL.

Let's hope he's able to come back in 3 weeks and only misses tonight and next Sunday vs Tampa Bay.

I'm calling BS, a seriously hurt dude would not come back in the same game and make BIG play after BIG play.

He'll be fine for next week

I am stuck at work. Did they announce inactives?

That report by Rapoport sounds like guessing - unsubstantiated by any facts from the team.

Until the Patriots confirm something, it's all just water cooler talk.

I've given Mike Loyko grief before, but this tweet of his sums things on Amendola up beautifully:

Mike Loyko @NEPD_Loyko
Report: Rob Gronkowski could be back in the next 1-12 weeks.

Anyone have a barf bag?

Is this news? He's too banged up to play in a game where they desperately need him. Obviously this injury is pretty bad, and the report merely states he might be back next game (which about two weeks), or he may be out an additional month, depending on the healing. I could have told you this yesterday.

If Amendola continues to battle injuries for the length of his contract (a possibility given his history) and if Welker continues to be as effective as he is now, the decision not to re-sign Welker (particularly around his franchising) will go down as one of the worst decisions of BB's era.

Having said that, I hope I'm completely wrong.

I've given Mike Loyko grief before, but this tweet of his sums things on Amendola up beautifully:

Mike Loyko @NEPD_Loyko
Report: Rob Gronkowski could be back in the next 1-12 weeks.

Exactly what I was trying to say in the previous post :)

Guys amendola "could" miss no time or the whole season. Every player on a team could miss significant time. It's a view grabber.

Gotta love the naivety of the packers coaches: "we'll take away Kaep running". In case they didn't realise he can throw the ball pretty good.

By the way, this is the first game in a long time that I'm giving an offense a pass/excuse, no matter how they play tonight. Tom as well.

Edelman/KT with Hooman at TE.....damn

How would Brees play against a good defense without Colston, Graham, and Sproles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back