PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official: Patriots vs Jags pre-season game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were they two-gapping tonight?

NE can't waive anyone. There's 31 teams salivating on the other end. Even if they don't want the player they'll do it out of spite so we can't retain him.
Huh?
You think teams will claim players they dont want off of waivers and put them on their 53 man roster just so we don't get to keep a player they don't think is good enough for them to want on our practice squad?
You sound like you think we have gone undefeated 5 years in a row.

Keep Faulk on PUP seems the most obvious solution. If he's good to go after 6 weeks, this problem will likely have solved itself.

Hog fan AND Pat fan here, very proud of Mallett tonight. Ridley too, I've seen him in action 3 times myself, he's the real deal :rocker:

Huh?
You think teams will claim players they dont want off of waivers and put them on their 53 man roster just so we don't get to keep a player they don't think is good enough for them to want on our practice squad?
You sound like you think we have gone undefeated 5 years in a row.

Name our last draft pick that cleared waivers and made the PS. How 'bout UDFA's? I promise it's a short list.

Name our last draft pick that cleared waivers and made the PS. How 'bout UDFA's? I promise it's a short list.

You're conflating two issues here:

(1) VERY FEW players get claimed off waivers, even here in NE. It happens here (e.g., Ted Larsen), but not as often as you think.

(2) That said, many players do clear waivers and then choose to sign with other teams' PS. (e.g., Zac Robinson).

Name our last UDFA who DIDNT clear waivers.
There aren't many draft picks to discuss because we generally keep our draft picks. If I get a chance I will look, but what does any of that have to do with the idea that teams will pick up players they don't want just to keep us from having them?

Name our last UDFA who DIDNT clear waivers.
There aren't many draft picks to discuss because we generally keep our draft picks. If I get a chance I will look, but what does any of that have to do with the idea that teams will pick up players they don't want just to keep us from having them?

C'mon Andy, you don't think teams pick up guys they don't intend to keep just to piss us off. How 'bout Childress with Garret Mills a couple years ago? It DOES HAPPEN.

Last year there was Thomas Welch, Kade Weston and Zac Robinson.
Only Larsen was claimed.
The year before Richard and Bussey both made it to waivers, they were the only 2 draft picks cut.
In 2008, Bo Ruud was the only cut, and he cleared waivers.
In 2007, we cut Oldenberg, Hairston, Rogers, Hilliard, Lua and Elgin were drafted and cut and only Rogers did not clear waivers.

In 4 years we cut 13 players and 2 did not clear waivers.
I think the proof is the opposite of your belief.

To say the guys on our roster aren't a greater commodity than other teams is just folly.

C'mon Andy, you don't think teams pick up guys they don't intend to keep just to piss us off. How 'bout Childress with Garret Mills a couple years ago? It DOES HAPPEN.
No. Teams don't screw with their own roster and put guys on it they don't want to piss off the Patriots. Thats foolish.

Childress wanted Mills. What possible reason would he have to think cutting a guy he wanted on his 53 would be worth pissing off BB by signing a guy he cut.

Its the silliest thing I've heard all week.

Last edited by a moderator:
To say the guys on our roster aren't a greater commodity than other teams is just folly.
A) Who said that?
B) You said teams will sign guys they don't even want just because they want to anger the Patriots
C) We certainly have more depth than other teams, but who cares if the guys we cut go elsewhere? We can't keep more just because we think they are better than someone elses end of the bench. Does it really matter if they are at home or in Seattle?
D) The evidence contradicts your position

You're conflating two issues here:

(1) VERY FEW players get claimed off waivers, even here in NE. It happens here (e.g., Ted Larsen), but not as often as you think.

(2) That said, many players do clear waivers and then choose to sign with other teams' PS. (e.g., Zac Robinson).

You're right ct. They get a couple grand more to sign elsewhere. My mistake on the actual dicodamy of the transactions, but our guys command larger interest than guys from say, the Jaguars.

A) Who said that?
B) You said teams will sign guys they don't even want just because they want to anger the Patriots
C) We certainly have more depth than other teams, but who cares if the guys we cut go elsewhere? We can't keep more just because we think they are better than someone elses end of the bench. Does it really matter if they are at home or in Seattle?
D) The evidence contradicts your position

B)Garrett Mills.

NE can't waive anyone. There's 31 teams salivating on the other end. Even if they don't want the player they'll do it out of spite so we can't retain him.

just get ready for the crying about cheating when we roll into week 1 with 90 guys.

just get ready for the crying about cheating when we roll into week 1 with 90 guys.

Spoken like a true fan. I'll take any combo of our 90 over anyone else's 53. Can you say "Shadow Roster"?

No. Teams don't screw with their own roster and put guys on it they don't want to piss off the Patriots. Thats foolish.
Childress wanted Mills. What possible reason would he have to think cutting a guy he wanted on his 53 would be worth pissing off BB by signing a guy he cut.
Its the silliest thing I've heard all week.

Thats the silliest thing you've heard all week?

Q:Why did the blonde girl have bruises all over her belly-button?

A:Her boyfreinds blonde too.

Lighten up, Francis. We won 47-12.

Thats the silliest thing you've heard all week?

Q:Why did the blonde girl have bruises all over her belly-button?

A:Her boyfreinds blonde too.

Lighten up, Francis. We won 47-12.

stop stealing my material...

Buffalo should sign Farnham so that they can have an all-Ivy League touchdown combo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes