PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official: Patriots vs Jags pre-season game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grrr. Price's big return nullified by an illegal block to the back. Price can fly though. Kid has been very impressive tonight.

Does Kraft sit on a booster seat?

Real sad not seeing Myra there.

Last edited:
Price again even though the play was called back explosive!

You (or anyone) don't think he could be the future QB here? Hell hoyer looks great tonight....he could fetch some draft picks!

If Hoyer and Mallett are BOTH good enough, then one can be traded for picks (presumably after the season).

That would be Hoyer just because of how soon he is headed for UFA.

Beyond that, there is the nightmare scenario -- upon which we shall not dwell -- that Brady goes the way of Joe Theismann ...

I really like Price, he always seems to be one step from making it to the house on every play he has the ball. I felt like that during the Miami game too.

oh ridley can stiffarm, I like!

Mallett does look good, but I still guess I don't really understand what he's doing here. I mean, I think it's a good gig for him, but what's the end game for the Patriots?

You develop, train and pay a guy for a year just to move up 20 or 30 spots in the draft the next year? I mean, if he fetches a 1, then it was great. But picking a guy at 74 and then getting, say, pick 45 or 50 a year later because he's signed as an RFA. Is it really worth the investment?

Are you confusing Mallet with Hoyer, who is the RFA next year that might be getting traded? If Mallet gets traded going into his fourth year, that's a couple year of quality backup QB the team got out of him, and they probably get at least the pick back (nevermind if they keep him as the future QB). If he gets traded sooner, someone would have to really want him.

Ridley just doesn't go down.

Ridley turns the corner!

Yeah, he sounded like he's taste tested a few beers tonight - but this was nothing at all in comparison to his in-game promo for Sam Adams a year ago.

Ridiculous to have this crap in-game.

(do we like Ridley and Price ? Wonder if it's a sign of things to come or a sign of preseason scrubs for opponents)

And now Ridley Beasting it for a 21 yard gain!!

Price is way faster than Tate is on the field.

Wow he reminds me of desean jackson!!!

Really? One one good punt return? Let's not get too carried away, guy.
Also his catches and breaking off begins. I've been watching his tape on youtube. And trust me they play the same way

Ridley=Dillon :singing:

Yeah, he sounded like he's taste tested a few beers tonight - but this was nothing at all in comparison to his in-game promo for Sam Adams a year ago.

I like jim koch.....good man....GREAT beer!

mallet to ridley wtf this is a beast combo :rocker:

I don't really like the number 22, but "Ridley" written above it on a jersey makes looks awesome..

Loved Mallet at Arkansas and was thrilled when Pats took him. I watched him play and thought he was a lock to be the #1 draft pick. He just makes throws only 2-3 guys in the NFL could have made. A special arm.

Based on what I've seen so far, this kid will be starting in the NFL. Steal of the draft.

Ridley! Good throw by Mallet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents