PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official Patriots vs Giants Super Bowl game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ending was good. I hope they bring Guns N Roses to do the halftime next year. The original line up.

I wish. Their current lineup isn't bad though

Dungy's a little Weasel.......Just Sayin

Clint Eastwood is so badass. I'd rather hear him talk for 30 minutes.

Last edited:
I don't hear anyone talking about the Giants lack of pass rush (if anything NBC is claiming the Giants DL is winning the battle). All the speaking heads were saying the Giant pass rush would be the difference maker in this game. I guess they were right.

Clint is the man

Even last year was better than this halftime disaster.
I didn't watch this years but its hard to believe that Freak show last year was better.

The only fly in this ointment is that the Giants stopped themselves in the first half. They have basically been shredding our defense.

Had they kept running the ball instead of trying to take their shot down the field once they reached midfield, we would have had that final TD to get back to within 6 instead of take the lead. We so far have no answer for the Giants running game. I would bet that on the Giants boards now that is exactly what they are screaming......poor babies.

that was the best goddamn car commercial I've ever seen!

we need to score another TD here and then stop the giants, that would kill the 3rd Q and we would be the favs:rocker:

The only fly in this ointment is that the Giants stopped themselves in the first half. They have basically been shredding our defense.
Thats a Big Fly.

The NE pressure has been pretty good... better than their counterparts in NY.

I would like to see them display better gap discipline against the run and tighten up in that phase of the game.

I think the key has been that they have been able to pressure Eli, but haven't allowed him to escape the pocket to make plays down the field. If we can keep him in the pocket, I don't think they can beat us. I think thats why we have seen a lot of Deaderick, and not a lot of Anderson around the edge. They are disciplined and aren't allowing those secondary routes after Eli scrambles.

On the other side the Giants D-Line has been a non issue. The Pats O-line I think has been great so far, Brady has had time and made quick decisions. We just need to cut out the mistakes and take advantage of any opportunities Eli presents us.

A TD on this 2nd half opening drive and I'll wake up my whole village!

Clint Eastwood!!!!!:americaflag::youtheman:

Giants quarterback Eli Manning’s nine straight completions to start the game sets a Super Bowl record. Manning has been sharp. He was 13 of 17 for 120 yards and a touchdown in the first half.

via reiss

The team that has led at halftime in Super Bowls is 33-9

Clint Eastwood and Christopher Walkin as commentators anyone? That would be epic.

Also, I think its time to unleash the well-rested ocho!

Colinsworth is the worst. Talking about the holding play that was the turning point. What about the 12 men on the field when the Pats forced and recovered a fumble. STFU already

Had they kept running the ball instead of trying to take their shot down the field once they reached midfield, we would have had that final TD to get back to within 6 instead of take the lead. We so far have no answer for the Giants running game. I would bet that on the Giants boards now that is exactly what they are screaming......poor babies.

Passing teams cannot stick to the run consistently ..at least that is the theory. One of the reasons we won SB36 vs the rams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe