PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official Patriots vs Giants Super Bowl game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does not seem like it, but Brady is 15 for 18... not bad, for what looked like a crappy first half.

Can't believe we're up at the half after that awful start. Really, though, the Pats' two penalties cost them 9 points. Other than that, they've held up very well. That last drive was a man's drive. After that bad start, the Pats have thoroughly dominated play.

Now, come out in the 2nd half and put another TD on the board and we'll be in business.

brady is on a mission...

Dungy: All WE have to do to stop the Pats is blahblahblah. WE??

At first I thought the "we" was in response to Costas asking St. Dungy what he would say to the NYG if he were in Coughlin's shoes.

But of course, those shoes fit a bit too comfortably, and perchance his true feelings shone through with how many "we's" inserted into his syntax.

Last edited:
My 1st half thoughts:

1. If it weren't for Brady's baffling mistake (or was it a misrun route?) on play 1, the Giants would possibly have 0 points right now. Eli has put a few questionable balls out there. Giants running game has made some gashes but nothing tremendous yet. Better team my ass.

2. What a drive. What. A. Drive.

3. This is why Belichick starts the second half with the ball. He understands momentum so well, because this is how the Giants team he was part of in SB25 won that game (a tremendous drive to end the first half, a tremendous drive to start the second).

I don't know what people are complaining about. The only reason this game is close is our own screw ups.

That makes me feel pretty good.

It feels good to see Rodney...you can tell it is taking all of him to hold in how he feels. GO PATS!!!!

Dungy is a dolt.

Gronk hardly saw the field in that last drive, and the Patriots had their most impressive drive of the season.

I guess it's safe to go in the other room now lol:rolleyes:

TFB just declared this game to be OURS my friends:rocker: Game on people

Half time observations

1. The safety was as bad a start as you could possibly get. Worse than a turnover. It cost us points AND allowed the Giants to have a 18-1 play advantage to start the game

2. Interesting that even on the Giants TD drive the Pats had receivers fairly well covered. And the Pats pass rush is putting more pressure on Manning that the Giants are putting on the Pats.

3. On the Giants TD drive. Twice the Pats had plays on the ball and didn't make the play. Mayo is going to regret his play on the TD well into June.

4. That was truly a gimmee 9 points That 12 man on the field penalty took away a big TO

5. We are in perfect position now to go into the half with points and getting the ball.

6. Except for the 2 knockdowns the Pats OL has pretty much stoned "the storied" NY Giant pass rush. In the 2nd half the Giants are going to have to blitz

7. Gronk is damaged goods, but I'm glad to have him out there.

8. I wish Chris Colliningsworth would stop ball washing the Giants and Eli. It was the Pats who were giving the Giants all their points to start the game. Its time to realize the Pats are a head despite making two plays that amounted to 2 turnovers and 9 points lfor the Giants.

9. Like on many occasions this season the Pats have weathered a bad start and are now ahead and getting the ball.

10. I LIKE the way we are playing. We need to get at least 3 on this drive and then turn the ball over at least once over the 2nd half and we will win this going away. The Giants DL CANNOT beat the Pat OL one on one one. JPP is a great player, but Matt Light is stoning him for the most part.

11. I would like to see us try and stretch the field a bit more, and run the ball from the shot gun like we've been doing.

Its certainly not the start I envisioned, but it wound up a LOT better than I expected when it was 9-0 and the Pats had had the ball ONE play. ')

So by the way did the Nascar Package go into the Pit....I'm a bit confused.

Vroom, vroom? I didn't see any tire skids out there.

:D

Half time show. Fire island tea dance in Indy.

By the way, I am going to remind us again of that holding call on the Giants when they were about to get another first down and maybe finish us off.

That holding call changed the entire complexion of the half and maybe the game before it is all over.

Brady is 15-18 and 2 were knocked down by JPP. Anyone remember the 3rd incomplete pass?

Can i just ask that if someone doesn't go the way you want it in the 2nd then please shut the hell up and remember that Tom and BB are callin the shots so all will be well.

wonder how much eli will take big shots down the field in the 2nd half

Its going to be a new game after the half. The giants will make D adjustments esp without gronk and wont rush 3 like most defenses do in 2 min situations. I wont be surprised if the pats dont get any pts or go 3 and out. Key is to see what our D does now....If the first half is any indication, momentum wont be with 1 team for a long time.

That last drive put a lot of confidence in me. The Pats need to make this 2nd half possession really productive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST