PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The OFFICIAL Patriots vs. Dolphins POST-Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Mike Reiss:

An educated guess is that Ridley's lack of snaps were combination of: 1) Brandon Bolden being viewed as the best pass-protecting back and that being prioritized in this week's plan based on the varied blitzes the Dolphins had shown on film; 2) A rotation with LeGarrette Blount in the "big back" role that limited overall opportunities for both because the Patriots didn't have a lot of plays. Had the Patriots sustained more drives, the substitution pattern between Blount and Ridley likely would have been seen more clearly.

Snaps: Exploring Ridley's decline - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

Why people are shocked that RBBC means RBBC continues to be a question.

Also, unless it's a one game fluke, Dobson has clearly passed Thompkins on the depth chart. Dobson had 50 snaps, second only to Brady among offensive players, while Thompkins took just 14.

Those wondering why they weren't seeing more throws to Thompkins now have at least part of their answer.

Thompkins and his drops on wide open throws has had some impact I'd bet...

From Mike Reiss:

Snaps: Exploring Ridley's decline - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

Why people are shocked that RBBC means RBBC continues to be a question.

Also, unless it's a one game fluke, Dobson has clearly passed Thompkins on the depth chart. Dobson had 50 snaps, second only to Brady among offensive players, while Thompkins took just 14.

Those wondering why they weren't seeing more throws to Thompkins now have at least part of their answer.

I think I remember Dobson had quite a few more snaps than Thompkins during the Saints game as well, maybe a few others too. I think for the most part it's just a rotation behind Amendola with Edelman, Dobson, Thompkins, and Collie, but it does look like Dobson is gaining some trust (and Thompkins could be losing it).

I think I remember Dobson had quite a few more snaps than Thompkins during the Saints game as well, maybe a few others too. I think for the most part it's just a rotation behind Amendola with Edelman, Dobson, Thompkins, and Collie, but it does look like Dobson is gaining some trust (and Thompkins could be losing it).

Thompkins had a lot more than Dobson against the Jets (73 v. 44), which is why I mentioned the possibility that it was just a one game thing, but you're right about the Saints game (80 to 59 in favor of Dobson). There seems to be some volatility in terms of which rookie is getting the snaps right now (Thompkins 61-39 against the Bengals). Whether it's a question of matchups, or something else, is something I'm sure BB will give us the full scoop about come tomorrow. ;)

I think my biggest takeaway about the Dolphins from this game (outside of their second-half collapse) is that I really question if Tannehill is going to make it as an NFL QB. He's got so much talent, but I think the Patriots exploited a pretty major mental flaw with his inability to diagnose DB blitzes. He's going to have to greatly improve in that regard or teams are just going to do that to him multiple times every game.

QUESTION ?

McCourty threw (intentionally batted) the ball forward to Coles ..... legal?

It is legal because that is not considered to have been batted since it didn't hit the ground to begin with.

it wasn't a fumble...a player can NOT bat a fumble forward or backwards

A player may not bat or punch:

(a) A loose ball (in field of play) toward his opponent’s goal line or in any direction in either end zone.

(b) A ball in player possession.

I'd like to see people shut the **** up about Brady and McDaniels. That play calling was solid overall and Brady was great once the OL and WR's pulled their heads out of their asses.

Sorry, but the game plan for the 1st half was horrible and if you think that it wasn't Brady's fault on the interception then you are the issue, not everyone else.

Brady and McDaniels and THEIR game plan set the tone for this team to start the game. And it was Brady's throw to the wrong shoulder (inside instead of outside) that led to the interception.

Running with Blount to start with instead of Ridley was a clear mistake.

Yes, Solder and Mankins (the two who should be our best O-line) both screwed the pooch early on, but settled in.

Not sure how you can fault the receivers early on when they were 6 for 8 in the 1st half. Yes, for only 25 yards, but doesn't that fall onto McDaniels for not calling deeper routes or Brady for not looking for someone other than Gronkowski? 8 passing plays in the 1st half says more about the play-calling than the receivers.

Not seeing the logic there. Reiss lists McDaniels as a down for a terrible decision that, reportedly, came from the top.

You need to read it again. Reiss clearly was stating that it was UNKNOWN why Ridley didn't get more reps early and was just speculating that it might have been Belichick that made the call. There is a difference between saying that it was for sure Belichick and that it might have been..

Well, you could always counter with your "I am an air marshall", " I live in Lynfield at this address" "I used to fight" etc etc and then send him tough guy PMs like you did with me.

Isnt that your SOP?

I wonder if he realizes that it's actually illegal for him to make such statements???

:popcorn:

Brady6 is almost as entertaining as NEM. And only slightly less dellusional

There are frightening similarities..... I wonder if Ian.....

I defend my life because you insist on making personal attacks and insulting me. I would prefer not to be insulted or personally attacked so I have asked you not to talk to me.

*ROFLMAO* Your biggest problem is your clear lack of self-confidence. I am fairly certain that you have accused every single person who has ever disagreed with you on this forum of making "personal attacks" against you or that they have "insulted" you. You clearly don't understand that there is a difference between saying your opinion is asinine and that YOU are asinine.

I suggest that you close up shop and stop posting if you don't want people to reply to your comments...

That means what that some of the veterans have bonded together in the past to bully another former member because that other member said something they didn't agree with?

*ROFLMAO* Gotta love how you make such asinine assumptions about a situation you are absolutely clueless about. Sounds exactly like something NEM would do..

No one is bullying you. The fact you have such a victim mentality is laughable..

Sorry for those who have Brady on their FF team

Tell that to the 2007 Giants. :bricks:

Sorry but this O and D are decimated with injuries. Mostly the D....you can't be last in rushing D and expect to win the SB...just won't happen. Just like when this O gets to the playoffs and they have a horrible half like today...good teams won't give up leads like the ****ty dolphins

If they had Wilfork and Mayo as well as Hernandez ( i know ) this team would be legit.

Brady does not trust his WRs whatsoever

Sorry but this O and D are decimated with injuries. Mostly the D....you can't be last in rushing D and expect to win the SB...just won't happen. Just like when this O gets to the playoffs and they have a horrible half like today...good teams won't give up leads like the ****ty dolphins

If they had Wilfork and Mayo as well as Hernandez ( i know ) this team would be legit.

Brady does not trust his WRs whatsoever

As Seymour stated during the 2008 season "there is more than one way to skin a cat" though, so I would expect Belichick to exhaust all options.

Today we saw a change in scheme/approach. We can also combat the poor TOP and defense vs the rush with a better offensive performance, which would keep the opposition on their heels and limit their ability to do some of the things the NYJ and MIA have done in terms of running the ball/trying to limit our possessions, and taking their time. Our inability to take advantage of early leads and failure to score points for long stretches of time isn't helping this cause, so that is something to consider too.

If Kelly and/or Talib can return it will allow us to play more aggressively and also provide better talent than what is currently out there. Many are still wishing for that "one" remaining player for the DL, but I would imagine that Belichick has gone through the list in his head a ton of times trying to assess things, weigh out different options, etc. We will see if there is anyone on his radar. I think it may be worth a mid round draft pick under the circumstances, but there are a lot of factors to account for when looking at mid season trades.

If we can see a marked improvement in the offense, we could go back to scoring 34+ pts a game, which would go back to the "best defense is a good offense" approach. I'm just thinking out loud to some possible ways to combat the problem. In the end you're right--the rush defense will need to improve one way or another; how much is up for debate though.

OT:

I've always been an admirer of Yvonne DeCarlo, but I never quite realized just how impressive her physique was. In honor of halloween, I give you Lily Munster:

yvonne-de-carlo-lily-munster-lingerie-bra.jpg

There are several things that are impressive with this pic:
- Yvonne DeCarlo's Lily Munster in pure eye candy state
- The model's body that has been photo-shopped into the pic/onto Lilly Munster's face.
- The photo-shop editor's ability to blend two graphics together to make it look very real/natural.

Though likely fake it's still Lily Munster in a very impressive eye candy state. Nothing wrong with that.....

The Pats seem considerably better when they go to the no huddle. I think that they're still slowly working the rookie receivers into the mix. Once they get "it," then I expect to see more of the no huddle, hurry up type offense we saw last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back