PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Colts Playoff game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing that was interesting to me is what happens when you take ordinary guys (i.e., punters), put them in a uniform with equipment on, then let them take a hit from NFL players. What happens is that they get injured. One should never question the toughness of these guys, I imagine the day after they play practically every one of them is a meatbag of pain.

Hopefully some points get put on the board by us to start the half.

I think the board consensus is that's not even a matter of hindsight. It's fairly obvious to everyone but Dumbledorf.

But the trade off is we have an injured punter.

without special teams screwups, like the blocks in the back and of course the safety. we'd be up A LOT more

You can't possibly say that with any certainty and it has no real meaning as it pertains to the run : pass ratio and the inefficiency of the offense. We shouldn't have punted from the 50 yard line period, but really, if we had and netted the whopping average ~20 yards of field position instead of giving up the safety that somehow validates running every 2nd and long? LOL

Dobson would have been HUGE tonight, burning that secondary is not hard. If we get the W tonight and he's back next week then that is a major plus

Not to mention how is it his fault that we even have to be throwing to Vareen in that situation...

A situation that with a little more concentration would have worked? That damn McDaniels!

Let's not allow the chicken littles to wreck the game thread.

They need to get a better rush on Luck without blitzing. Need to have all our Dbacks available to catch when son of Favre throws up a prayer.

Time to resign King Zoltan!

This is the BIGGEST drive of the year thus far!!!

But the trade off is we have an injured punter.

Yes, another reason he should have just booted it through the end zone there.

Hopefully special teams can overcome the punter injury. Go pats! Finish them!

As to the "where's the pass rush" folk, remember what happened when Chandler Jones went inside instead of maintaining contain. This is the game plan, and I highly doubt it will change except for the occasional blitz to keep them on their toes.

Why wasn't that a touchback???

A Colt player clearly knocked the ball from the field of play through the endzone - that's a touch back!!!!!!!!

If it was intentional yeah, not sure you can say that however on that play

Hopefully some points get put on the board by us to start the half.

I would summise that if we dont score to start the 2nd half....going to be a nailbiter...

That was a scary play!

Now let's please get the first down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand