PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Colts Playoff game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holder on fgs is going to be a key factor if Allen is done

Complete mess the last 5 minutes but at least they got out only giving up 2 points. That safety was probably the best thing to happen at the end of the half.

I'm getting a little nervous that we haven't been able to put up points in the last few drives. We could easily be up 3 touchdowns, although we could also be up only a few points; so 9 isn't bad

this is hands down one of the worst gameplans I've ever seen. We are playing a terrible defense with one of the best QBs so lets RUN the ball every down. Belichick has gone so conservative it's sad. We probably left ~14-21 points on the board that half.

They have a two score lead, and in theory should have a lot more. Are you out of your ******* mind?

Remember when Collinsworth said last year that Vereen maybe has the best hands in Patriots :confused:
To many drops lately

Hate to go there, but the playcalling on the last drive was abysmal.

Didn't Vinatieri punt as well as place kick in the Snow Bowl vs Oak??? Can't remember who punter was (pre Ken Walter) but I think he got injured early....

So we are gonna win the SB, and then repeat in 2&3 years? Lol

If you told me that Indianapolis had gotten 2 unanswered scores and then I worked up the nerve to check in I'd be thrilled right now.

Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss 19s
Patriots injury update: Ryan Allen (shoulder), return questionable.

That one was on Vereen, he looked literally lost and on a pretty good throw by Brady.

this is hands down one of the worst gameplans I've ever seen. We are playing a terrible defense with one of the best QBs so lets RUN the ball every down. Belichick has gone so conservative it's sad. We probably left ~14-21 points on the board that half.

Is this a serious post? Running the ball has been working. I'll gladly take another 21 points in the second half. No reason to have Brady get hit or throw into coverage.

Outside of the fluke pick - the Colts are moving the ball on us with will.
I really hope we can figure a way to get better pressure on luck.
On the flip side...running game is great, but we need to not get stuck in 3rd and long.

Ghost just kicked a 53 yards to the 7 yards line and if it wasn’t for the missed tackle at first it would have a 1 or 2 yards return, even with the missed tackle the Colts started at the 16.

I am really pissed off that we didn't take advantage of Hightower's pick at all. Have to get points out of that. Unbelievable.

Yeah. And imagine the whining if we WEREN'T up by two scores! Seriously, is there anything that can possibly satisfy the Negative Nancys?

Tom E. Curran ‏@tomecurran 28s
Third and 6 wheel route on which Vereen has to turn to flat then turn again and locate ball is a very low pctg throw. Silly possession

Can someone tweet Curran that it should have been completed but Vereen cannot ever catch that pass

They are protecting Brady from mathis, plus they get the ball after the half, indy is clearly trying to go after Brady so run then wait for that one PA play, th at was a bad pass by Brady on that third down play

Watching from India

no, it hasn't. We are up 9 points on a team we should be annihilating. And 7 of those came from a pick.

We don't have gronk or Dobson man. It has worked. We need to run well the second half, can't let luck get the ball a lot of times.

Is this a serious post? Running the ball has been working. I'll gladly take another 21 points in the second half. No reason to have Brady get hit or throw into coverage.
You wonder what would make him happy? A 10 point lead passing the ball?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore