PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Cardinals POST game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am i the only pats fan laughing at how ridiculousness the final 3 minutes was?

This may be funniest ending i've ever witnessed as a pats fans

kitty-laugh-o.gif

i'm just laughing at this game now.

still can't believe this is the first home opener loss at gillette stadium

From experience, everything people keep bring such stats up, a loss is eminent, plus a -13 at vegas is always a bad luck man.

We tried everything in this game and nothing worked.

Ghost choked. Simple as that. He MUST make that kick.

Yeah, Brady and the offense sucked majorly today and it shouldn't have come to having to make a kick to win but .......... you pay kickers to make that kick and Ghost didn't do it ..... he failed to perform when his team most needed him to perform!!!!!!

1) WHy is Edelman getting more snaps than Welker? Why??? So glad they committed $9.5M to a part-time receiver. This better be a plan of keeping Welker fresh for the 2nd half of the season.

Where did you see that Edelman got more snaps that Welker??

2) OL still needs work, Brady pressured/hit too many times for comfort.
The primary person was Donald Thomas... He was used and abused all day..

3) D looked good again

4) O looked out of sync all game. Never rebounded from 1st play turnover and AH injury. Hope AH isn't hurt too seriously.

That 1st play turnover reminded me so much of the Baltimore Play-pff game..

Missed the game fellas, how did the defense do? Specifically the rookies and McCourty?

McCourty looked much better than normal although had plenty of safety support.

Chandler Jones was very special again, was constantly pressuring Kolb.

Hightower had a lovely behind the LOS tackle, wasn't dominating but had a good game overall.

Ebner was the one reponsible for the costly blocked punt.

Tavon Wilson had a fumble recovery. I don't remember him being tested that much in coverage which suggests he did well.

my biggest question is what the hell is going on with Wes Welker? I am becoming concerned with it expecially if AH81 is out for a while. We need him.

I say this knowing he had a solid game but why is he out of the starting lineup? Why is Edelman getting more snaps? I understand some situations Edelman is a great run blocker but still something doesn't seem right.

Media is going to be all over it now. He was the 3rd WR in, and based on his camp that makes no sense. He says there is no injury. Hasn't played hardly at all since mid August right after the death in the family absense. Reiss keeps hinting he thinks he got dinged in Tampa (concussion) during padded practice. Came off the bench and put up 95 yards. Just bizzaro. Then there is the fact that they've been pushing both Edleman and Lloyd, who seems to be taking some time to build that in game simpatico with Brady.

Mankins and Welker both eluded to the offense not having very good practices heading into this week.

Last edited:
Missed the game fellas, how did the defense do? Specifically the rookies and McCourty?

Jones was awesome, McCourty looked pretty good (although it's hard to tell with CBs when watching on TV - he didn't get obviously beaten). Hightower and Wilson both had a couple of good plays, and seemed solid all around.

i'm more shocked at the fact bill doesn't trust dm against great receivers, even those that have been under performing this year.

It seems like bill will triple team any receiver that was great in the past.

Last edited:
Time to call Waters or there is no way Brady makes it to the end of the season in one piece.

Mankins and Welker both eluded to the offense not having very good practices heading into this week.
Have they had ANY good practices in 2012?

That is a talented offense, but not necessarily an offense with chemistry. Which makes it even more odd that they let Deion go.

Correct me if I am wrong but JM last season with Brady was the season he blew out his knee. Combine that with Bradford missing most of last season with injuries due to a terrible offensive line. My thought is that JM is scared to lose his quarterback to a serious injury and is being overprotective.

I like the running game concept. I like Steven Ridley. But I like it complementing the passing game not the other way around.

at the game today, just got back home....frustrating is the only word for THAT performance...never mind all the gaffes by the officials on both sides...the very nature of this "azz up in the air " offense we saw today is the most frustrating thing to see...Gronk targeted once in the 1st half???

Bad offensive game plan...far too slow to compensate for the Herno injury...ridiculous delayed draws again and again..I thought this crap was fossilized and thrown out with the trash....

haven't seen the DVR replay yet but was that a hold on Gronk when Woody scored??? sure looked like a good block live, in person....these "refs" are atrocious BTW....the Omissioner better get something done here...you can't have officials work like this in the playoffs, you'll kill the game.

I'm going to make a statement, you can feel free to disagree, but it won't change my mind. If you also want, you can revisit this at the end of the season and we can discuss it.

Josh McDaniels is a terrible play-caller. He's a great positional coach, but a horrible horrible play-caller. He'll turn this offense into a bits and pieces throw when we can but not past the sticks mess, and he'll get Brady killed.

I'm going to make a statement, you can feel free to disagree, but it won't change my mind. If you also want, you can revisit this at the end of the season and we can discuss it.

Josh McDaniels is a terrible play-caller. He's a great positional coach, but a horrible horrible play-caller. He'll turn this offense into a bits and pieces throw when we can but not past the sticks mess, and he'll get Brady killed.

Never thought I would say it, but I want O'Brien back badly.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick