PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official Patriots vs Broncos POST game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't decide on my favorite play of the day.

1. Monkey riding dog

OR

2. Monkey riding dog.

I think I'll have to go with Monkey riding dog.

Sloppiness had a lot to do with the Pitt loss, we have to play a pretty clean game these days to win against the good teams.

Coughing up the ball on the road against a decent opponent is generally a recipe for a loss.

1. Monkey riding dog

OR

2. Monkey riding dog.

Thank you, Mr. Masarotti.

1. Monkey riding dog

OR

2. Monkey riding dog.

LOLOLOL
monkeydog_medium.gif

so...this is what the pinheaded little fair weather CL's are going to use to denigrate THIS win .."nice win but FIRST QUARTER!!!!! BAD BAD BAD!!!!! EVERYTHING BAD!!! BELICHICK HAS TO GO!!!"....these crybaby morons know no limit to their incessant biatch crying...as soon as the game thread starts they come out of the woodwork, bawking their same tired azzed cluckerations like they do every single week...Patriots, division winners, win big in Denver...get it through your thick crybaby skulls...THAT is what happened...not "BUT FIRST QUARTER!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!"

Joker for the mod job!!!

Instead of starting a new thread I'll just ask it here. How come when Waters taps Wendell signalling him to hike the ball the refs do not call false start?

It's has to do w. the Center and looking back (bend over and holding the ball) at the legs of the QB (the qb raises his kick to signal him). Since the LG is covering the blindside, the RG usually has better angle to view the QB than the Center.

I don't know about anyone else. But I have never seen anything like this Pats sack in my life..

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i384/Shaft481/2011_12_18_18_19_7.gif

Only in Madden.

My 10 year old brother and I have a 10 yard rule in Madden, that you can't drop back more than 10 yards, mainly because I play with my franchise and it screws up my DL's ratings when they don't get sacks (even though I get a ton of picks). The first thing he pointed out during that play was that Tebow went back more than 10 yards:ugh:

It's has to do w. the Center and looking back (bend over and holding the ball) at the legs of the QB (the qb raises his kick to signal him). Since the LG is covering the blindside, the RG usually has better angle to view the QB than the Center.

No it doesn't or you would have seen this being done to Koppen and to every other center in the league in the shotgun. That's the value Koppen has to the team, as often as we see him get blown up and pushed back, he and Brady are always on the same page; they are joined at the brain.

I'm not sure why Connolly/Wendell have such a problem with the silent or delayed count- whether it's an IQ problem for them or they simply haven't mastered the center portion of the playbook that well. The work of the center is twice that of the rest of the linemen.

No it doesn't or you would have seen this being done to Koppen and to every other center in the league in the shotgun. That's the value Koppen has to the team, as often as we see him get blown up and pushed back, he and Brady are always on the same page; they are joined at the brain.

I'm not sure why Connolly/Wendell have such a problem with the silent or delayed count- whether it's an IQ problem for them or they simply haven't mastered the center portion of the playbook that well. The work of the center is twice that of the rest of the linemen.

Good point. Could be a Connolly Wendell Brady problem. I've seen Saturday and Painter and their RG do it too vs the Saints.

I was under the impression the OL had to be at a complete standstill, but I guess its just if they move their foot or take their hand off the ground

The key word (as defined by the NFL rulebook) is that no linemen may "move abruptly." That tap isn't an abrupt move.

Cunningham would have been useful about now. We need another body. Can Eric Moore do it? I like the flexibility we have to change the front 7. Did Ellis even suit up?

Cunningham would have been useful about now. We need another body. Can Eric Moore do it? I like the flexibility we have to change the front 7. Did Ellis even suit up?

I saw Ellis in on a few goal line plays.

Ellis played a lot of snaps today...had some pressures in the 2nd half...one tackle for the game...meh

Last edited:
The QB sneak has been Brady's (and the OL) bread and butter play for short yardage for a lot of years. However they aren't running it.as well as they used to....maybe that is where they really miss Koppen. They got NO push....and almost got Brady killed running it over and over. But it set up BJGE TD run....eventually....

Stopped posting half way through the first quarter and the D improved.

Great turn around by the team.

Carters injury does not look good and please please please stop with the QB sneak .

PLEASE

another game, another win against a QB who has no business starting in the NFL......circle the calendar for when the pats actually do

The QB sneak has been Brady's (and the OL) bread and butter play for short yardage for a lot of years. However they aren't running it.as well as they used to....maybe that is where they really miss Koppen. They got NO push....and almost got Brady killed running it over and over. But it set up BJGE TD run....eventually....

I don't think they wanted to score immediately. They wanted to run more time off the clock first. They did the same thing at the end of the Vikings game last year.

Re: The Official Pats vs. Donks Post-Game Thread

THIS IS WHY I DON'T THINK THE PATRIOTS CAN BEAT THIS BRONCO TEAM AGAIN. Willus got hurt and that team didn't look the same.
WiLLUS had his way with our defense and that should concern everyone her.

Blah blah blah bla bla.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore