PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official Patriots vs Broncos POST game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on what happens tomorrow night.

And with either a hobbled Ben or no Ben at all, I have faith in the 9ers. So the Ravens losing is for the best. Luckily, they're down 17-7.

Hey!! OMG...look at this!!! Is this REAL BAD too????? I'm desperate to fit in with the rest of you REAL BADDERS!!!!!!!!

09000d5d8252d525_gallery_600.jpg

Good win for the Patriots... but mark my words... Tebow will get his revenge in the playoffs!! :D

Ron Brace played well, looking stout at NT after the disastrous first quarter. Personally I think he's better than Kyle Love and should start next to Wilfork in the base 4 man front.

Denver scored 23 points, and Tebow accounted for 287 yards and 2 td. His last 5 pass attempts in garbage time were incomplete, so at one point, when it was still a game, he was 11-17 (64.7%), 194 yds, 11.4 ypa. It wasn't like they shut him down.

It's ironic....when they score 17 or less, Denver seems to win. Today they scored 23 and got destroyed. :rocker:

You really should read what is posted instead of replying and showing yourself to not have.

Look at Tebow stats after the 1st quarter. They managed ONE TD after the 1st quarter.

Your response did not negate anything that I said. In fact, all it did was prove you didn't read it. You just felt like replying with nothing that actually had anything to do with my post. Which was, once the Pats defense stopped being too aggressive, they seemed to shut the Broncos down. And that started at the beginning of the 2nd quarter.

And with either a hobbled Ben or no Ben at all, I have faith in the 9ers. So the Ravens losing is for the best. Luckily, they're down 17-7.

It's early yet, Norv still has a half to screw that up.

Ron Brace played well, looking stout at NT after the disastrous first quarter. Personally I think he's better than Kyle Love and should start next to Wilfork in the base 4 man front.

The only answer the Broncos had for Love seemed to be to hold him, and hold him they did.

There are many positives to take away from today. I was very happy to see us run the ball so effectively, particularly in the second half. Our D made the necessary adjustments and stopped the running game. Nice to see Ochocinco finally get a TD. Hernandez stepped up and proved that a team can't just take away Gronk. McCourty seems to really be getting back to his high level of play from last season. Brady, of course, was his typical self. Great to win the division and see the Jets lose.

Negatives: losing Carter is the worst takeaway from today. We really need to get another WR this offseason. Even when we get Branch back, it's not enough (good thing for the killer TEs and the fact that Welker is a stud). Not too much else.

how was the 1st quarter disastrous???? The Patriots won and won BIG...there was NO disaster of an kind...knee jerk hyperbole post game to justify ridiculous comments in the game thread is rather weasly...

dis·as·ter/diˈzastər/
Noun:

A sudden event, such as an accident or a natural catastrophe, that causes great damage or loss of life.

The Broncos started out strong on their HOME field...I've seen that played out a thousand times...the Patriots made adjustments...the Broncos scored 7 points in the 2nd half....what the hell are you talking about.... disaster???? It's a FOOTBALL GAME....4 quarters..cherry picking plays from the first quarter and then drenching them with your "Disaster!!!!!" paint is bad enough but the FACT that the Patriots put up 41 points, clinched the division AGAIN and put their record at 11-3 and all you can think of is associating THIS with "disaster!!!!!" is just too weird for words. WTH do you do on vacation when it rains at 7a.m. and then is pure sunshine all day, rant and rave about the puddles you saw when you were eating your toast with coffee??

Last edited:
is there a way to get a pic of woodhead grabing bradys helmet after his score it was so funny

You really should read what is posted instead of replying and showing yourself to not have.

Look at Tebow stats after the 1st quarter. They managed ONE TD after the 1st quarter.

Your response did not negate anything that I said. In fact, all it did was prove you didn't read it. You just felt like replying with nothing that actually had anything to do with my post. Which was, once the Pats defense stopped being too aggressive, they seemed to shut the Broncos down. And that started at the beginning of the 2nd quarter.

You got it, chief.

what's up with bjge? He must be injured, doesn't seem to have the same burst as he did in the beginning of the season. Ridley looked good. His name should be "the talented mr. Ridley".

I'm glad they changed up the defense after 1st quarter. That's what good teams can do. Put enough guys on the line that they can't keep gashing us with the run. It's not like we need 2 deep safeties with this guy.

Don't know why Brady tried 3 sneaks on the goalline. That was kind of weird. Playaction would have pulled them all in and an easy td to a te.

didn't see how the center did today.

Those are my expert observations.

1 bad Quater and 3 good ones. If we can force & capitalize on mistakes like that we can win games in the playoffs.

Had a feeling this was the game Hernandez went off, as I expected Champ to shadow Wes and the Broncos to give Gronk the Antonio Gates treatment.

Just goes to show how even eliminating two targets is not enough if the Patriots pass-protect well and establish a semblance of a running game. Brady make no scruples about spreading the wealth to whoever is open, and they have a nice 1-2-3 punch with BenJarvus/Woody/Ridley when all three are healthy.

Ron 'The Bust' Brace!? Nonsense!

Don't know why Brady tried 3 sneaks on the goalline. That was kind of weird. Playaction would have pulled them all in and an easy td to a te.

To me, it looked like they were just trying to take some time off the clock. Really, any points at that time in the game would have put it away and I really think they just wanted to bleed the clock.

imagine...Norv Turner has the "blueprint" to stopping the Ravens offense cold in its tracks...what a weird season

Instead of starting a new thread I'll just ask it here. How come when Waters taps Wendell signalling him to hike the ball the refs do not call false start?

Instead of starting a new thread I'll just ask it here. How come when Waters taps Wendell signalling him to hike the ball the refs do not call false start?

does he come out of his stance?...No?...what false start then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back