PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official Patriots vs Broncos POST game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is the case why don't teams have synchronized head movement or put their butts in the air at the same time? For example on short yardage, when it's imperative you get off the ball faster then the other guy, the entire line could all move in sync while keeping their stance. There would be at least one guy on the DL who would jump.

quite frankly, I have no idea why....

I'll give the coaches and players credit for making adjustments after the first quarter, but the initial defensive game plan, whatever it was, was obviously the wrong one for the Broncos. One example (among several), the Pats played the first 3rd and 4 play exactly like the Jets with the CB being sucked inside leaving no outside contain. They got the same results as the Jets as Tebow ran around the end for the easy first down. The Bronco's favorite play is to pull the left guard around the center and run behind him. The Pats acted like they had never seen this before (do I go heavy? light? what?). One had to question if anyone watched any tape of the Bronco's during the week.

And yes, at the end of the first quarter, if I was the owner, GM of the team (the person evaluating their performance), I would be deeply concerned over how they could go into this game so apparently unprepared. They are an NFL team after all with professional coaching. Maybe Kraft read them the riot act after the first quarter and told them to start doing their jobs.

If you think Bob Kraft left his box and went down into the locker room and said anything to anyone on the team, you have no clue, your more clueless than cluess. The win wasnt big enoguh for you?

And yes, at the end of the first quarter, if I was the owner, GM of the team (the person evaluating their performance), I would be deeply concerned over how they could go into this game so apparently unprepared. They are an NFL team after all with professional coaching. Maybe Kraft read them the riot act after the first quarter and told them to start doing their jobs.

if you took your head out of you know where for a moment and READ the post game comments from BB,Brady, and Wilfork you'd discover that elusive clue..the Patriots started the game in a 4/3...twelve minutes into the game Matt Patricia huddled the D together on the sideline, switched to a 3/4 and effectively shut the Broncos attack down.Read Gasper's post game report in the Globe.Your backhanded remark about Bob Kraft is ignorant.

And if you read my posts, it's about how the team came out with the wrong defensive game plan and looked totally unprepared on defense. Glad the coaches made the adjustments, but they were clueless at the start of the game.

The Pats, unfortunately, are developing a disturbing habit of starting games "flat" on defense and have been fortunate to be able to comeback and make the necessary corrections (usually with a lot of help from TB). At times though, they are unable to catch up. Usually happens in their first playoff game.

By the way, there was no backhanded slap at Bob Kraft. He's the boss and, like most bosses, I'm sure he expects his employees to perform and to be prepared. Too many times being unprepared in my job, and I would be out the door. Seems you're not too familiar with this concept.

seems like YOU are totally alien to how the Patriots organization is run....and you continue to remain ignorant about the adjustments made by Matt Patricia 12 minutes into the game...you are what you are...a so called fan who wants the entire defensive staff fired after twelve minutes gone in the first quarter of a game the Patriots won, on the road, going away...in other words, just plain nutso.

The defense in the 1st quarter was horrible. After that, except for two plays, the defense basically shut the Broncos down..

With all due respect to Joker, who evidently is a bit worked up this morning, the Pats did start the game looking surprisingly shocked that the Denver Broncos were a running team. It was like wearing a bikini to an Ayatollah's house.

What was absolutely shocking was that on one or two of the initial Denver drives, they didn't even have a spy on Tebow. Look at a couple of his runs - one straight up the middle with NO LB or Safety playing for that "surprising" eventuality.

That was freaking malpractice. It should have been Job One for the Defense.

Job Two was to have someone remind Mr. Robert Ninkovich to set the edge.

To their credit, someone woke up eventually.

Last edited:
With all due respect to Joker, who evidently is a bit worked up this morning, the Pats did start the game looking surprisingly shocked that the Denver Broncos were a running team. It was like wearing a bikini to an Ayatollah's house.

What was absolutely shocking was that on one or two of the initial Denver drives, they didn't even have a spy on Tebow. Look at a couple of his runs - one straight up the middle with NO LB or Safety playing for that "surprising" eventuality.

That was freaking malpractice. It should have been Job One for the Defense.

Job Two was to have someone remind Mr. Robert Ninkovich to set the edge.

To their credit, someone woke up eventually.

Granted, but Joker is talking to/about the pathologically ignorant. It's his right to waste his breath if he cares to.

so...this is what the pinheaded little fair weather CL's are going to use to denigrate THIS win .."nice win but FIRST QUARTER!!!!! BAD BAD BAD!!!!! EVERYTHING BAD!!! BELICHICK HAS TO GO!!!"....these crybaby morons know no limit to their incessant biatch crying...as soon as the game thread starts they come out of the woodwork, bawking their same tired azzed cluckerations like they do every single week...Patriots, division winners, win big in Denver...get it through your thick crybaby skulls...THAT is what happened...not "BUT FIRST QUARTER!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!"

Classic. +1 for tone, +10 for use of bawk as a verb. /genuflect.

Granted, but Joker is talking to/about the pathologically ignorant. It's his right to waste his breath if he cares to.

Pathologically Ignorant????? What's so ignorant saying the Pats came out totally unprepared defensively for the Broncos? Even Joker has admitted that and Patricia apparently came to the same conclusion (by switching from the 4/3). While I like to keep my posts on topic, I have to question who's ignorant.

Pathologically Ignorant????? What's so ignorant saying the Pats came out totally unprepared defensively for the Broncos? Even Joker has admitted that and Patricia apparently came to the same conclusion (by switching from the 4/3). While I like to keep my posts on topic, I have to question who's ignorant.

Hey.

You DID write this post early in the game:

"This coaching staff can't correct the issues. That's why they exist.

And now Carter is hurt. Hopefully, the Pats will hang on for a wild card. "

Your cred isn't high.

....I have to question who's ignorant.

As long as you don't answer yourself you should be okay. Happy Holidays.

I don't really see the problem here. The game is 60 minutes long. Our defense was bad for approximately the first 15. It was good for the last 45. The coaches not only are responsible for developing a game plan, but also for making in-game adjustments. They did just that. Our "terrible" defense had a pretty darn good game in my opinion.

I'll admit that as a passionate fan, I was encensed during the first quarter (also not to mention, that the end of the Dolphins v. Bills game was still being shown and I missed the Broncos' first TD drive). But who in their right minds could form a proper opinion of the game based on the first 15 minutes?

Hey.

You DID write this post early in the game:

"This coaching staff can't correct the issues. That's why they exist.

And now Carter is hurt. Hopefully, the Pats will hang on for a wild card. "

Your cred isn't high.

I think I posted that after Denver's 4 play, 80+ yard TD drive. Up to that point, the Pats were clueless. Reminded me of Oklahoma vs. some weak 1-AA team. And the 1-AA team usually gave more resistance than what the Pats were offering the Broncos up to that point.

Again, my point was how totally unprepared the team looked and played against the Broncos in the first quarter.

Re: The Official Pats vs. Donks Post-Game Thread

I can't remember the last time the Pats run defense looked as bad as it did in the first quarter, but what a turn around

I remember it well, the year was 2002!

aaron hernandez had a huge game -- probably because the broncos were focused on containing gronk. what did they do in particular to keep gronk relatively in check?

aaron hernandez had a huge game -- probably because the broncos were focused on containing gronk. what did they do in particular to keep gronk relatively in check?

Double teams.... Lots and lots of double teams.

I think I posted that after Denver's 4 play, 80+ yard TD drive. Up to that point, the Pats were clueless. Reminded me of Oklahoma vs. some weak 1-AA team. And the 1-AA team usually gave more resistance than what the Pats were offering the Broncos up to that point.

Again, my point was how totally unprepared the team looked and played against the Broncos in the first quarter.
I don't think it was that they were unprepared it was more they schemed incorrectly and the gap assignment discipline was non-existent. Once the Patriots made the correct adjustments and moved the gap assignments, we all saw the result.

The Patriots coaching staff showed why they are one of the best in the business with that defensive adjustment. The defense looked infinitely better for it.

Last edited:
The uncool one will not be joining us for further discussion on this thread. so, there is no sense to make any replies to his post.
For peace of mind, just ban all the Jets Fans who visit this message board.

That was freaking malpractice.
Lmao, malpractice? They didn't need to run a defense with a spy on every play, and that isn't what fixed the defense, either. Beating the Broncos was about a lot more than watching Tebow. NFL teams almost never run every play with a spy.

If you're going to accuse them of malpractice, then at least give us something better than "they didn't have a spy in on play X"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore