PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots Draft (Day 1) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
awesome. Another year without a pass rush. Who needs a pass rush.

Come on. You, of all people, should know better.

It's the first round. We have oodles of picks in a tremendously deep draft.

I think you're jumping the gun a bit.

McCorty is a good pick for the position, but not addressing the Pats' biggest needs. Maybe Belichick expects to get a good rusher in the second or trade up to the first. Well, let's hope. Not thrilled with the pick, but still plenty of time to make this draft work.

Last edited:
Darius Butler, Wheatley, Wilhite...

FAIL.

Either Belichick majorly failed in past years or he majorly failed this year.

No doubt about it. How can anyone even argue this?

So we passed on Dez, Jerry Hughes, and Kindle for another special teams demon? Awesome.

I'm glad it's not bust Kindle, but a corner? Really? *sigh

This feels like a donkey kick.

WTF?............Another shrimp corner!:bricks:

vikings now go clausen or mccoy.

IM DONE.

Honestly I could see trading down, but what the hell do they need with another corner?? They keep draftin the same guy First it was Wheatley, the WHilite, then Butler, when will this end???

Still no DE, NO OLB, absolutely no pass rush, they are going to need 34 CBs, because the can't get to the QB.

You know, I'm used to the Patriots not selecting my picks. This is nothing new. However, to ignore the highest valued DE (arguably the biggest need for your defense) to take a cornerback (a position that did not need to be filled in the first round) whose best attribute is his special teams ability is a horrible move in the first round, IMO. Hopefully the second round holds more promise for us. But this is not a good pick, given what our needs are.

Worst part is that the Jets and Dolphins made better picks.

awesome. Another year without a pass rush. Who needs a pass rush.

I will agree completely, IF they don't pick one soon. But nobody's off the board yet!

Hughes
Kindle
Dunlap
Sapp
Misi
Wootton
Lane
Te'O-Nesheim

Didn't you hear?
Those players scked so Bill didn't take them.
Just like he's letting talent go by him AGAIN, just so Krafty Bob can save a few measley dollars!
I'm so tired of watching that cheap p/,ZHNX n/ trade down to save $ every year!
So leave if you hate it so much. Jeez. What a friggin' whiner

BB is wasting no time with his annual WTF picks

Punter in round 2 at #44

Makes you wonder if Kindle is the real deal. I have been hoping for him (still am) but all these teams passing on him makes you wonder

Chicken littles?
Some of you guys think you know everything, was Clay Matthews any good last year? He wouldn't have helped us?
How has Maroney been, how about Chad Jackson, how about Bethel Johnson.

You and a few others on here think you know everything, all you guys really know is that if you guys gather together it's easier to bash someone with a differing opinion.
Bah- WEAK

Long Live BillyBOBBellichick, he's never wrong so don't even think about getting uppity when he lets talent go right by him every year.

Special Teams player with his 1st Rd pick!!
LMAO what a loser, there obviously wasn't any BETTER players left to choose from..........a ST player!!
I remember this board laughing HARD when Ginn was picked, well BillBob just topped that!!

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...right next to mediocre merriweather

The "chicken littles" loved those busts you listed.

Darius Butler, Wheatley, Wilhite...

FAIL.

Either Belichick majorly failed in past years or he majorly failed this year.

No doubt about it. How can anyone even argue this?

Wait for it.......3.......2........1....

So..........................................................Anybody going to see Nightmare on Elm street?

Makes you wonder if Kindle is the real deal. I have been hoping for him (still am) but all these teams passing on him makes you wonder

Anyone hear that Kindle has some kind of illness?

Come on. You, of all people, should know better.

It's the first round. We have oodles of picks in a tremendously deep draft.

I think you're jumping the gun a bit.

Yes, we have a lot of picks. And a guy with Jerry Hughes' talent will be around for exactly none of them. Hughes, Bryant, and Odrick were all top-tier talents at areas of enormous need. I get picking for talent vs. need, but when there is someone with a lot of talent who ALSO fills a need... I just don't get why you don't take him.

Whatever, though- then the Pats still can't get to the QB 2 years from now, and have trouble moving the ball because Moss is gone and we have nobody to replace him, we'll be able to point back to another year of purposefully avoiding drafting for need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe