PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official National Championship thread.

Not sure if Mariota is worth a #1 overall pick

Oregon is missing their top 2 receivers, think we're seeing a lot of the effects of that. Not having Carrington is really killing them right now.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: TBR
overthrowing simple sideline outs is due to their 2 top receivers being out?

overthrowing simple sideline outs is due to their 2 top receivers being out?

That was one bad throw. Every QB makes occasional bad throws. Your whole schtick on this thread is sort of like watching Jets-Pats in week 16 and concluding that the Pats suck and the NFL is stupid.

Neither of these teams has played in a couple weeks and they're both missing key players. I dunno why anyone would be surprised that the offense isn't in sync.

Oregon starts slow but usually wins. Stupid not to take the points on the five yard line.

As far as trick plays go, that was a pretty dumb one.

are you a Duck fan, FTW? If so, not being sarcastic. I could care less about either team as far as affiliation goes. Just looking coldly at PROSPECTS for the next level.Marriota is a great kid with good character. As an NFL QB prospect it looks to me like he's got a lot of work to do to play in a pro set.

Now the OSU running back and a couple of their LB's? yeah..they look like no brainers. Lot of mid round secondary players too.

How is this Ohio State's QB only 3rd start? Is their main guy hurt? Seems pretty damn good for a backup.

are you a Duck fan, FTW? If so, not being sarcastic. I could care less about either team as far as affiliation goes. Just looking coldly at PROSPECTS for the next level.Marriota is a great kid with good character. As an NFL QB prospect it looks to me like he's got a lot of work to do to play in a pro set.

Now the OSU running back and a couple of their LB's? yeah..they look like no brainers. Lot of mid round secondary players too.

I'm a Duck fan. Mariota is not playing well tonight but he's a decent pro prospect. If I were a GM, though, I'd draft someone else number one overall. Marcus is the kind of player that will take a while to learn the pro game, but if given a long leash will become a good NFL QB. He's not a franchise saver type though. A team with a great defense--Bills for example--could use him.

I don't really have a college allegiance (Babson didn't have a football team), if anything I'm pulling for OSU since I like Meyer purely on account of he and Belichick being buddies.

I agree that Mariota needs work to succeed in the pros, but that's true of just about every college prospect not named Andrew Luck. I like his chances over most, and I think you'd have a more favorable impression of he wasn't throwing to such awful receivers. He's made a couple of bad throws, but conversely the best throw he's made tonight was straight-up dropped.

Just wait, even with the offense shorthanded I still think Mariota will improve a lot in the second half. The first half wasn't representative of the kind of player he is, and he has a history of rising to the occasion in the second half. He's pretty comfortably the best QB prospect since Luck, IMO, and I say that as someone with no particular affinity for Oregon. Granted, that basically just means he's a better prospect than Geno, Bridgewater, Manziel and Carr.

I wonder if Tebow has lost his virginity yet.

None of those signs were funny. At all.

Jeese these college games take forever. Stop ****ing around, some of us have 8 am classes lol.

The talk is this kid will be the #1 pick in the NFL draft. That's Tony Mandarich territory to me. Winston is more ready and HE may fall out of the 1st round if he gets in anymore scrapes. I think this draft will be heavy in quality front seven players. I've seen a number of "passes the eye test" LB's and DE's during this bowl season.

Anyway, I want to see a close game and watch for the player(s) that elevates his play. In other words, the pro. To me these games are nothing more than pro exhibitions anyway.

I like how Tebow is preaching the exact opposite of what every coach ever advocates.

"Don't take what they're giving you! Be a hero! Go make impossible plays!" Great advice, timmy

Number 15, the Buckeyes RB, would be the player I want the most.

This is the Ducks best shot at a championship ever. This is stressing be the F out.

I stress eat when my team is in championship games. So far I've eaten a throw pillow and a napkin.

Zeke Elliot...beast

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back