PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official "Moss emotions watch" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anything the team shows it will continue to win games even if moss is gone next year,it's a positive more than a negative with him getting 0 tonight

Are you F'ing serious??? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Not to sure about that. Was at the game and while we surely had some cover 2 looks sometimes, from what I saw at the game we ran a lot of cover 1 with the outside WRs on islands.

From Television it sure didn't seem that way. Mostly all you have to do is watch where the safeties are before the snap. Besides Yeremiah Bell coming on a safety blitz one time in the second quarter.

You didn't see a Dolphin safety any where close to the line of scrimmage. The Dolphins appeared to be a two deep Cover 2 or man under Cover 2.

I counted maybe 5 linebacker blitzes from the Dolphins all night. To me it seemed like DC Mike Nolan was scared to death to blitz or play man.

Huge win tonight, that was a must.

However, I'm sure I'm not the only one who got nervous at the end of the game when the camrea panned on Moss, showing his 0 catches and an expressionless face (compared to all his excited teammates)

Here's hoping for no nonsense from this guy again. Loved seeing us having a balanced offense tonight.
I use to post on another forum with the user name ParanoidPatriot. I thought it was a humorous user name.

I didn't come up with the name to take on a persona to call attention to myself. Just saying.:rolleyes:

And Pete, you can start another thread about Randy's body language. Those are real attention grabbers.

Last edited:
Mike Nolan really doesn't like to see the ball thrown to Moss ;)

Don't know who said it last night, "They should take that wildcat back to the Miami Zoo." Hilarious!
lol even the few Dolphins fans I know hate it. Using it as much as they did against the Jets lost them the game, everytime Henne started to get in a rhythm and pick apart their defense, they lined him up at receiver and then put him in a 2nd and long hole.

pathetic thread started by an obviously unhappy with life pathological complainer:deadhorse:

Randy looked just fine coming off the field at the end of the game. The man just can't win with some of you.

Ain't that the truth!

Reiss just put this up:

3. Randy Moss' post-game response. The veteran receiver was targeted in the passing game just once and finished without a reception for the first time in his Patriots tenure. Moss had no issues with the lack of action. Before the game he was one of the players gathering all of his teammates and reminding them of the importance of sticking together on the road, which reflects how Moss sometimes takes on a leadership role. He has been on board with how things are unfolding.

Much ado about nothing. Moss has always been a strange cat; best to not psychoanalyze him based on his facial expressions.

From Television it sure didn't seem that way. Mostly all you have to do is watch where the safeties are before the snap. Besides Yeremiah Bell coming on a safety blitz one time in the second quarter.

You didn't see a Dolphin safety any where close to the line of scrimmage. The Dolphins appeared to be a two deep Cover 2 or man under Cover 2.

I counted maybe 5 linebacker blitzes from the Dolphins all night. To me it seemed like DC Mike Nolan was scared to death to blitz or play man.

Sure, we didn't give Brady the same exact look on every snap. Sure we mixed in some zone coverage, sometimes put the safeties in cover 2, etc... but we absolutely ran a LOT of man coverage. Usually, with Clemons back deep. Bell played man on your TEs most of the game, and was lining up in the box/shallower than standard safety alignment.

Last edited:
Maybe some day Randy Moss will measure up to guys like Braylon Edwards and make you happy. On and off the field that is.

Can Vontae not get a hint of credit for having a great game? You guys killed us, and we played like ****. But at least throw a little love to the few players that played well against you guys.

Anyone on here impressed by Vontae? Do you guys think he could make the Pro Bowl this season?

Can Vontae not get a hint of credit for having a great game? You guys killed us, and we played like ****. But at least throw a little love to the few players that played well against you guys.

Anyone on here impressed by Vontae? Do you guys think he could make the Pro Bowl this season?

We all know Vontae has some talent and even Moss gave him nice words after last year's contest, but it wasn't really his doing that caused Moss to get 0 receptions. I give credit to Mike Nolan, he's focused on Moss 2 straight years with success.

Last edited:

Vontae Davis is a very good corner. Would love to have him.

However, if what you said is true and you ran a lot of cover 1, then your team has a whole lot more problems than special teams, cos this team is not built to run the ball, and BJGE averaged nearly 5 yards per carry. The special teams stuff can be fixed, but getting run on by a team not built to run the ball? That would worry me.

And well then theres Henne... I've seen him light us up before though, so I wouldn't give up on him yet.

If Moss is upset, it's his own fault. He had his opportunity and dropped a TD pass that he had both hands on.

This, pretty much. You just don't see him drop those kind of passes.

This, pretty much. You just don't see him drop those kind of passes.

A little bit spoiled, that isn't even close to an easy catch there. There's such little time to turn the head and find the ball that is already there while keeping your feet in bounds that it would have been a great catch (although looking routine for Moss).

Although I will say that through 4 games in 2010 Moss has uncharacteristically dropped a few balls. I'm not worried about this being a longterm problem though.

A little bit spoiled, that isn't even close to an easy catch there. There's such little time to turn the head and find the ball that is already there while keeping your feet in bounds that it would have been a great catch (although looking routine for Moss).

Although I will say that through 4 games in 2010 Moss has uncharacteristically dropped a few balls. I'm not worried about this being a longterm problem though.

Where I grew up, there was an entire verb created which meant roughly "to catch a spectacular pass over the defender" and it was called "Mossed." I always knew him for his ridiculous catching ability. Sure, it's a difficult catch to make, I understand. But he's one of the best to ever play the position, and he's known for his great catching ability. He can one hand bombs like they're nothing, that catch was definitely within the scope of his ability.

Moss played Decoy; from what little I could tell from the game they routinely doubled him. I don't care about his fantasy production, I care about his contributions to the offense. If he takes 2 defenders away, that's great, 9 more to cover 4 other potential other receivers (one of which is Welker who also requires double teaming) and rush the passer.

He did his job.

'zactly.
10ch

Reiss just put this up:

Much ado about nothing. Moss has always been a strange cat; best to not psychoanalyze him based on his facial expressions.

Thanks. I was just about to post that. Can we lock this thread now?

I think Vontae's track record against Brady/Moss last season and this season speaks for itself. He's a top corner. I didn't take issue with Moss not getting a catch because I didn't expect them to go to him much anyways. Davis has Brady's number, so why chance it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft