PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official "Moss emotions watch" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Vontae's track record against Brady/Moss last season and this season speaks for itself. He's a top corner. I didn't take issue with Moss not getting a catch because I didn't expect them to go to him much anyways. Davis has Brady's number, so why chance it?

Not sure if he has Brady's number just yet. However, he has had a good amount of success against Brady. He's the only CB to have picked off Brady twice in his first two games, so that's something. Watching the game last night, Davis had excellent coverage on Moss. Brady wasn't going to look his way unless Moss had a step on Davis, and I honestly didn't see that happen once.

Can Vontae not get a hint of credit for having a great game? You guys killed us, and we played like ****. But at least throw a little love to the few players that played well against you guys.

Anyone on here impressed by Vontae? Do you guys think he could make the Pro Bowl this season?

He did fine. Why does it have to be a choice between being an absolute lockdown CB and being a bum? It is the epidemic of Revis-itis that is getting kind of silly. Having safety help over the top and/or bracket LB help inside isn't a knock on Davis...it is the reality of coverage in the NFL against top WRs. I doubt Davis makes the Pro Bowl because he doesn't self-promote and the Fins defense isn't making headlines for the right reasons at the moment. It is a popularity contest and the NY area has a few million more reasons to give it to Revis and Cromartie (just his kids alone would put his fan votes over the top).

Well look at that, a day later and Moss may be traded...

Vontae Davis is a very good corner. Would love to have him.

However, if what you said is true and you ran a lot of cover 1, then your team has a whole lot more problems than special teams, cos this team is not built to run the ball, and BJGE averaged nearly 5 yards per carry. The special teams stuff can be fixed, but getting run on by a team not built to run the ball? That would worry me.

And well then theres Henne... I've seen him light us up before though, so I wouldn't give up on him yet.

The run is an issue. Having to play Bobby Carpenter for a significant amount of snaps really blows. We desperately need Crowder back, but I'm not sure when we will see him. Hell, he could end up on IR.

We also ran a lot of "smaller" packages b/c of your ability to spread the field in all directions. You werent running against our base D, but were spreading us out, putting us in nickle packages, and running.

We definitely have issues in run defense... that much is clear.

And I aint giving up on Henne by any means. He just had one of the best games of his career the week before. Unfortunately, these are the ups and downs that come with young QBs w/o consistency.

Last edited:
He did fine. Why does it have to be a choice between being an absolute lockdown CB and being a bum? It is the epidemic of Revis-itis that is getting kind of silly. Having safety help over the top and/or bracket LB help inside isn't a knock on Davis...it is the reality of coverage in the NFL against top WRs. I doubt Davis makes the Pro Bowl because he doesn't self-promote and the Fins defense isn't making headlines for the right reasons at the moment. It is a popularity contest and the NY area has a few million more reasons to give it to Revis and Cromartie (just his kids alone would put his fan votes over the top).

Wasnt saying that. Just hadnt seen Vontae's play mentioned once in the thread... which played a pretty large factor in the whole Moss no catches thing.

Funny about the kids comment...

I think you may be right about Vontae not getting enough pub to make the Pro Bowl. But... do you feel he is playing on a Pro Bowl caliber level?

Just trying to get an idea of what non-Fin fans think of Vontae...

Wow a unhappy patty player there. How can that be so? Maybe Krapt should give him a new contract. Too cheap huh.

CSNNE is reporting that Randy was very unhappy about the game last night and today in the locker room he let it be known to his teammates. Also there was encounter with Bill and Bill apparently is done with it.

Wow @ everyone in here just dismissing this thread when in reality I was dead on about this guy.

CSNNE is reporting that Randy was very unhappy about the game last night and today in the locker room he let it be known to his teammates. Also there was encounter with Bill and Bill apparently is done with it.

Wow @ everyone in here just dismissing this thread when in reality I was dead on about this guy.

You should check the thread. That's turned out to be proven false.

Lol @ people questioning this thread.

Got himself traded out of here because of his emotions and now he's a WRECK with the Vikings after only 4 weeks.

WE all know favre loves attention and winning.

If Moss was open today Favre would have hummed it to him ... more than once.

Randy's at the end of his career ... hopefully he sees this and finishes it with his head held high.

I dont know if you heard his post game presser , but Moss said "No disrespect to the Minnesota Vikings and thier organization. The captains (NE), Wilfork, Brady, Mayo, Faulk..I miss those guys."... " I just want to be able to tell these guys that I miss the hell out of them"..."that ovation at the end of the game...I think I actually shed a tear". He actually saluted Belichick on the podium. Man, What a team of guys the Pats must be to evoke so much emotion. Heres to Moss and more importanly heres to the Pats and thier coaches.

I dont know if you heard his post game presser , but Moss said "No disrespect to the Minnesota Vikings and thier organization. The captains (NE), Wilfork, Brady, Mayo, Faulk..I miss those guys."... " I just want to be able to tell these guys that I miss the hell out of them"..."that ovation at the end of the game...I think I actually shed a tear". He actually saluted Belichick on the podium. Man, What a team of guys the Pats must be to evoke so much emotion. Heres to Moss and more importanly heres to the Pats and thier coaches.

He also called Belichick the greatest coach in the history of football, right before throwing Chilly and the coaching staff under the bus.

this has been beaten to death. Moving a month old thread to the front page just to say "look at me, I'm right" is not what we are looking for.

time to move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey