PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Julian Edelman Bandwagon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welker has struggled mightily against the Ravens (16 rec, 119 yds, 0 TD in 4 games). This could be a spot for Edelman to shine (or be benched for Branch ;)).

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if that's why they brought Branch in. Maybe they've already decided that Edelman outside isn't going to work.

This is all still way up in the air IMO.

I think most Pats receivers (and TB) struggle vs. the Ravens. Do you recall Julian missing extended time in 2010 after this Ray Lewis hit? He did not hang onto this big throw.
Ray Lewis jax up Julian Elderman!!! GOOD HIT RAY!! - YouTube

By the way, I love Julian Edelman - arguably my favorite active Patriot. However, when Brady is throwing his 5 yard passes into the teeth of the defense, nobody hangs on like WWW!
Jets player breaks helmet during hit - YouTube

I'm not sure why being on the Julian bandwagon has to mean we are running over Welker with it.

Having both on the team/field at the same time is not worth while?

I'm not sure why being on the Julian bandwagon has to mean we are running over Welker with it.

Having both on the team/field at the same time is not worth while?

Especially when you consider they don't even play the same position or run the same routes!

Especially when you consider they don't even play the same position or run the same routes!

:confused:

Edelman is running routes that used to be Welker's.

Hernandez was.

So is Edelman, according to Zolak (if memory serves. It's from that show, either way).

Last edited:
Deus:

The very fact that Welker and Edelman are on at the same time means they are running different routes.

I liked having them both on at the same time. Welker was getting the lockdown corner, leaving Lloyd and Edelman to tear up the field.

And Edelman was playing some outside positions too, which was very interesting. On the offensive PI call he hauled in a nice sideline ball that was VERY Lloyd like.

Hope Edelman learns a thing or two from Lloyd and adds it to what he's learned from Welker. Lloyd, the outside catcher and Welker the inside YAC catch guy. if Edelman can do both half as well he's a great addition to the offense.

Deus:

The very fact that Welker and Edelman are on at the same time means they are running different routes.

You might want to re-read what was posted. I think you misunderstood what I wrote.

You might want to re-read what was posted. I think you misunderstood what I wrote.

If Edelman is running Welker's routes, what routes are Welker running now?

If Edelman is running Welker's routes, what routes are Welker running now?

Sometimes he's running the same routes he has in the past. Sometimes he's running go routes and other clearing routes. Sometimes he's on the bench.

Last edited:
Have I mentioned how much I love the OP's thread title?

So is Edelman, according to Zolak (if memory serves. It's from that show, either way).

Without access to all 22 films it's hard to see what routes they release in, but the majority of Welker's catches, IIRC have been inside the numbers on routes that release inside, and Edelman's has been on the sticks or on out routes. One thing that stands out to me is that they like to put Welker on the underside of stacks to clear him out because he is susceptible to getting jammed. I do not recall seeing Edelman lining up in stacks. Usually he's split out. Hernandez, on the other hand usually releases from the slot (flanker) as does Welker. Not so much on the outside.

Without access to all 22 films it's hard to see what routes they release in, but the majority of Welker's catches, IIRC have been inside the numbers on routes that release inside, and Edelman's has been on the sticks or on out routes. One thing that stands out to me is that they like to put Welker on the underside of stacks to clear him out because he is susceptible to getting jammed. I do not recall seeing Edelman lining up in stacks. Usually he's split out. Hernandez, on the other hand usually releases from the slot (flanker) as does Welker. Not so much on the outside.

Intelligence! I wish more posts from you

Man, they brought in Winslow for low money and reduced Gronkowski's role. The writing is on the wall, when Hernandez gets back they will likely trade Gronkowski for a 4th in 2014 and use Edelman and Winslow to fill his spot. At least they get awesome value by getting a pick for a guy they probably weren't going to use much anymore anyways.

I've been pleased with Edelman's performance this year and am intrigued to see how well he does going forward. I love his feistiness; it is something that can give a lift to the rest of the team.

On a side note has any player been screwed more on the field this year than Edelman?

He had the whistle on the short pass that did not appear to touch the ground (vs Cardinals?), and against the Ravens he had that atrocious OPI, and then got another quick whistle when he broke free of tacklers and was getting ready to make a decent gain.

I thought Edelman was on his way to actually having a solid game against Baltimore. Too bad he got hurt.

Any news on Edelman's injury? I've been swamped all week, haven't followed a thing.

Any news on Edelman's injury? I've been swamped all week, haven't followed a thing.

There should be an injury report today, so we'll at least have some idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST