PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official "It's over! The Dynasty is dead!" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure the boy genius factory will churn out replacement parts.

so bill and the krafts are gone?

then it isnt ovah

It's gonna be interesting to watch all the heads explode when the Pats keep winning. I mean, seriously, first it was that Brady was lucky, then that Coach is the evil genius, then it was that Brady carried the team, then when Cassel stepped in and flourished, it was because of New England's "system"... now that Pioli and Lil'Mac have left, I can't wait to see the doom & gloom club start twittering like school girls at the thought of New England collapsing.

Yet, coach will find a way, and the heads will explode, and life will be good.

You know who's probably laughing right now? Randy Moss. You just know that he's somewhere comfy, watching all this and enjoying a cold brew and a bowl of popcorn..... :) And waiting for next year.

Me, I can't wait either. It's gonna be a good year. I can feel it already!

Last edited:
Wow! He already predicting Caserio leaving. Way to already have the guy with his foot out the door before he even proves he is worth stealing from the Pats.

Graham is a fins fan.And iam sure like most mediots they want to see the perennial contender fall because its a good story. If bb keeps churning out new gms and coaches and keeps winning is a boring and annoying story.
Plus people want to see BB fall flat on his face so they can say BB with 'X' is not the same.
Iam wondering when someone will bring out Bb's record without pioli as the gm like they did with brady.I think that perloff guy on si who said boston sports was done will write something like that soon.

I just thought people would want a place to vent their concerns over the losses the team has sustained so, in honor of those who are less optimistic in these turbulent times, have at it:
easy_button.jpg

Are you sure you didn't mean this??

Last edited:
Let's calm down a bit here people. No matter what this team loses in terms of coaches, personnel, players, this team always stays competitive. Hit the panic button when BB is gone....but that'll be year from now...:D

I have to laugh though, you'd swear this team won the SB the way this team is getting raided...

Last edited:
I listened to McDaniel's press conference here in Denver. I had no idea that the guy is that together. He has experience on both sides of the ball and in the front office. He was a big asset to the team and as much as I complained about his play calling from time to time, I'm sure he had a big impact on Matt's success this season. The Broncos will be a force to be reckoned with for a long time. The guy is only 32 and is inheriting arguably the best young offense in the AFC. Just from that perspective it is a loss for the Pats. What if his knowledge of the Pats schemes help his team beat the Pats in 2009? What if that one loss costs the team HFA in the playoffs?

Pioli leaving comes as more of a surprise and hopefully the Pats have a plan in place. I'm assuming they do since this was inevitable. Everyone has to move it seems in this league.

It's really a shame. Brady is hurt and recovery is in question. I can only hope the team was prepared for the loss of both these key people.

I listened to McDaniel's press conference here in Denver. I had no idea that the guy is that together. He has experience on both sides of the ball and in the front office. He was a big asset to the team and as much as I complained about his play calling from time to time, I'm sure he had a big impact on Matt's success this season. The Broncos will be a force to be reckoned with for a long time. The guy is only 32 and is inheriting arguably the best young offense in the AFC. Just from that perspective it is a loss for the Pats. What if his knowledge of the Pats schemes help his team beat the Pats in 2009? What if that one loss costs the team HFA in the playoffs?

I think that it is more likely that the teacher understands his ex-student's inadequacies and takes him to task.

A dynasty is a term of retrospect. Who's to say they don't win twice in a row and 3 in 4 starting next year. Would that be a whole new dynasty or was there merely a lull? I say let hindsight determine silly terms the media like to throw around and just enjoy the here and now. ;)

IMO, Pioli and McD leaving leaves me with a hole in my gut.

I know I know ... In Bill we Trust

But anyone who thinks this is no big deal .... is in denial.
This is a huge blow to the PATs organization and there is no way to
overstate that.

Will PATs find replacements? Sure but will they be nearly as good?
No one knows and it is that uncertainty and gives me an very uneasy feeling
about PATs future.

Hey,

There were folks ready to jump off the Tobin Bridge when Weiss and Crennel left. I'm not worried about it. A good gardener prunes the plants so that they grow back stronger. Coach will have an answer. Maybe even three of four answers.

Relax, Moriarty.. Stop with the negative vibes, okay?

Attachments

• oddball.jpg
    oddball.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 146

Josh is a top OC.. Denver's defense is among the worst in the league.. I'm sure Brady and Co. will hang 40 on them without too much trouble..

BB has had five extra weeks this offseason to build the team for next year. Don't think that won't have an impact. I'm not understating Pioli's contribution, or McDaniels brightly rising stardom, but all good organizations lose good people. They replace them. They move on.

Damn you Scot Pioli!

Damn you Josh McDaniels!

Damn you Brad Seeley!

Damn you Matt Cassell!

So the rats are jumping off the sinking ship! Anyone else care to leave? Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out! We don't need one of the league's best personnel men, an OC, a special teams coach or healthy QB to win!

Hey, Matt is still here.

Me... worry... say its over..... NEVER!

Well, now that i've been informed that it's over, I guess I will have to become a Lions fan. Afterall, they can't get any worse :D

On second thought, I don't like the looks of 'nashvillelionsfan' :eek:
Guess i'll stay a Pats fan :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results