PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official 'I'd like to Revise my Won-Loss Prediction' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
didn't have an original prediction, but I could see 12-4.

Granted we will know more tonight. However, based on yesterday and Thursday, who are alot of you guys banking on to be "tough" opponents?

Indy? Green Bay? Minnesota? Miami? Pittsburgh?

Yup, plus Baltimore. We haven't gotten a look at the Jets or SD either, and those will be tough games. A coach or player would say that all the games are tough, but we as fans get to be optimistic. I think we beat MN and PB by wide margins. I think we will split with either Miami or NY, but all of the division games will be tough. Except maybe Miami at home in January :D

I agree with Brady, though, that this year is different. The Pats have won a lot of games due to Brady to Welker / Brady to Moss. This team desperately needed cohesion, leadership, and confidence, and it looks like these dimensions are back. A Week One win with all three phases clicking, is just what the young players needed to go into Week 2 with confidence. Confidence will grow into swagger if they continue, and we all will be able to stop hearing about Logan Freaking Mankins, Randy Moss complaining, the loss of veteran leadership, etc.

I had predicted 16-0. On the basis of this game I am revising it to 15-1.

Still 10-6 for me. Miami looking very good so far. I bet their D shuts down the Jets next week.

Looks more like a 9-7 or 8-8 team to me

This defense was taken to the woodshed by a team that was last in offense in week 1

If that does not scare you,I don't know what will

Give this defense a year or two to get its act together....this year will be a year of experimentation and tweeking it to get to that level

Looks more like a 9-7 or 8-8 team to me

This defense was taken to the woodshed by a team that was last in offense in week 1

If that does not scare you,I don't know what will

Give this defense a year or two to get its act together....this year will be a year of experimentation and tweeking it to get to that level
:nono: Don't do it, sleep on it.

We're going 13-3. I promise. :D

Still 11-5. Still on target with my original predictions. Bengals win, Jets loss.

10--6 still feels right to me. Transition year. Brady keeps us in things until the end.

Last edited:
Original :
6-10

Now :
7-9

Let's wait until they actually win a, you know, road game.

I wish I didn't have to say that I told youse so, but...

7-9 still sounds about right.

BTW, who's the coward who closed Andy Johnson's "I've Been Saying This for a Month" thread?

bumping this thread for anyone wishing to revise their prediction, following the Baltimore game, the trade of Moss, the trade for Branch, etc.

I'm sticking with 11-5 (even though each week I think we are going to win, so don't ask me which 4 games I think we might lose). I haven't seen any reason to change so far.

I'm sticking with 11-5 (even though each week I think we are going to win, so don't ask me which 4 games I think we might lose). I haven't seen any reason to change so far.

Not to be a spoil sport, but, to me, the only legit reason to "revise" a prediction about the Pats would be Brady going out for the season or more than a game...what's the point of making a pre-season prediction in the first place if we're going to change it...IMO, we live or die by it.

Otherwise, I'm with you. I had them 10--6 and I'm still comfortable with it, though the way they're starting to look I too have the feeling they could win every game on the schedule.

I'm starting to get into an 03/04 state of mind, which is a dangerous thing to do expectation-wise. Just too many variables and unknowns. But, a big road win over the Chargers who are so tough to beat at home now and my 10--6 might look very pessimistic and I'll have some (happy) crow-eating to do...

I hate commenting on these threads, I really do...but I am gonna anyways...:)

They are, what 4-1 now. I say 10-6

Sun 10/24/2010 4:15 PM @ Chargers (L)
Sun 10/31/2010 4:15 PM vs Vikings (L)
Sun 11/7/2010 1:00 PM @ Browns (W)
Sun 11/14/2010 8:20 PM @ Steelers (L)
Sun 11/21/2010 4:15 PM vs Colts (L)
Thu 11/25/2010 12:30 PM @ Lions (W)
Mon 12/6/2010 8:30 PM vs Jets (W)
Sun 12/12/2010 1:00 PM @ Bears (W)
Sun 12/19/2010 8:20 PM vs Packers (L)
Sun 12/26/2010 1:00 PM @ Bills (W)
Sun 1/2/2011 1:00 PM vs Dolphins (W)

10-6. I am hoping to be conservative here so don't go all apesh1t on me people.

Expect the worst and hope for the best...!! I have absolutely no problem eating my words should they continue their roll. The next 5 games (Browns trap game better be not included) are gonna be a good measuring stick. The good thing our D is going to be playing against Rivers, Manning and Big Ben. I am hoping after that run we see continued improvement back there...

I'll stay with 10-6 for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft