PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official 'I'd like to Revise my Won-Loss Prediction' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pats homo here
Sticking with my sane 11-5
Tough opponents ahead. Young developing D is gonna find a way to lose a game or 2.

I hate commenting on these threads, I really do...but I am gonna anyways...:)

They are, what 4-1 now. I say 10-6

Sun 10/24/2010 4:15 PM @ Chargers (L)
Sun 10/31/2010 4:15 PM vs Vikings (L)
Sun 11/7/2010 1:00 PM @ Browns (W)
Sun 11/14/2010 8:20 PM @ Steelers (L)
Sun 11/21/2010 4:15 PM vs Colts (L)
Thu 11/25/2010 12:30 PM @ Lions (W)
Mon 12/6/2010 8:30 PM vs Jets (W)
Sun 12/12/2010 1:00 PM @ Bears (W)
Sun 12/19/2010 8:20 PM vs Packers (L)
Sun 12/26/2010 1:00 PM @ Bills (W)
Sun 1/2/2011 1:00 PM vs Dolphins (W)

10-6. I am hoping to be conservative here so don't go all apesh1t on me people.

Expect the worst and hope for the best...!! I have absolutely no problem eating my words should they continue their roll. The next 5 games (Browns trap game better be not included) are gonna be a good measuring stick. The good thing our D is going to be playing against Rivers, Manning and Big Ben. I am hoping after that run we see continued improvement back there...

Maybe I'm just being too optimistic, but I really don't see the team losing five more against that schedule. The Chargers are very beatable right now. The Vikings have an aging quarterback with tendonitis in his elbow. The Browns are terrible, and you know that BB will motivate this team due to the Mangini factor. The Steelers are one game where I can legitimately see us losing. The Colts could always be a loss due to the Manning factor. The Lions are the Lions. I think we beat the Jets in the re-match at Foxboro. The Bears should be beatable for us. The Packers are another team that I can see us losing to, but they certainly haven't looked like the world beaters that they were made out to be in the preseason, either. The Bills should be a bad weather game, but they're terrible and haven't beaten us since 2003. The Dolphins may be a throw away game depending on how we do. However, if it's not, I don't think they beat us in Foxboro in late December.

Last edited:
I'm sticking to my 11-5, but to be honest, I think 12-4 is more realistic.

Steelers away is a tough one (though we do seem to own them),

Indy is a another toughy, but certainly doable at home (I give it a loss)

I don't see us giving away both games to the Jets this year.

The third loss is likely to be a WTF loss that no one can explain (prolly to Miami or the Packers or something).

Last edited:
I think my original was 10-6 having no clue to what the young defense would do.
They looked like a 16-0 defense in the 4th qtr and OT of the Ravens game, but like someone said...With a young D like this, you never know what you have from game to game ( until all their lights go on). Scheme changes by BB and coaching staff along with some good play turned their play around vs Ravens late.

I can't see a 3-3-5 defense confusing Rivers or Roth or Manning in finding his 2nd and 3rd targets.

That being said, until they get thru the next 4 games, I'll stick with 10-6.

I hope that the porch lights for the youngsters on Defense went on and that they get better from here on out. If the D starts playing better and the O gets in sync with Branch on board, they could pose BIG problems the rest of the way for most of their opponents. The sky would be the limit. :rocker:

bumping this thread for anyone wishing to revise their prediction, following the Baltimore game, the trade of Moss, the trade for Branch, etc.

Thanks for the bump; I was wondering where that thread went.

I'm revising mine from 7-9 to 10-6, not only because the defense might not be quite as putrid as I originally thought (although they really, really need another CB), but also because some of the remaining opponents - Packers, Vikings, Chargers - aren't nearly as formidable as they appeared at the start of the season.

Last edited:
I think I said 13-3 and I'm comfortable with that. The TRAVEL part of the Chargers game is a bit worrisome, but we can beat them. Steelers and Colts are a little worrisome, but that's about it. Beating the Ravens while transitioning the offense has boosted my confidence, for sure. I thought the Ravens would be one of those 3 losses.

I'm honestly thinking 13-3 because I think the Ravens were our biggest test.

I don't understand why people think we will lose to the Colts.
Yes, they are a great team. Yes, they have Manning. But in the last 2 years, we've lost by a combined 4 points to them both on the road. This year we have a better team than we had in 08 or 09 and the Colts this year look like a shadow of their Superbowl bound selves last year.
I think we embarrass them old school style. 44-13! :)

I am gonna stick with my 15-1 prediction I made after the Jets loss. (It was a downward revision from 16-0)

Sticking with 12-4. See them losing to Pitt, probably Indy.

The 4th loss could be any one of NYJ, GB, or maybe Chicago. I just don't see them losing to SD with all the issues going on down there right now.

Why do people think the Vikings are good?

I don't understand why people think we will lose to the Colts.
Yes, they are a great team. Yes, they have Manning. But in the last 2 years, we've lost by a combined 4 points to them both on the road. This year we have a better team than we had in 08 or 09 and the Colts this year look like a shadow of their Superbowl bound selves last year.
I think we embarrass them old school style. 44-13! :)

better team than the colts based on what..? defense ? .
i respect everyone's opinion
but its one win vs balt ,which was great.. doesnt mean much vs any other team. i think we shouldnt overreact just like we did with the bengals won. just my opinion

I'm still sticking to the 11-5 prediction I made (link in my siggy) because I'm stubborn, but in my game-by-game predictions during the preseason, I incorrectly predicted a loss at Miami. So I could/should revise it to 12-4. I predicted a loss at the Chargers, and I'm going to stick by it (though not in the score prediction thread :D). If they win that game, I'm definitely on the 12-4 bandwagon.

My 12-4 prediction was a stretch but now it's looking pretty good

better team than the colts based on what..? defense ? .
i respect everyone's opinion
but its one win vs balt ,which was great.. doesnt mean much vs any other team. i think we shouldnt overreact just like we did with the bengals won. just my opinion

I'm saying we're a better team than we have been in the last 2 years, based on our players and their potential, and I think the Colts are a worse team this year than they were in the last two years. Then I look at our 2 road losses to them which were very close games, and I think that translates to us stomping them at home this year!

I said 12-4 before the season give or take a game. I thought the low end would be 11-5 and the high end would be 13-3. If we get through the Colts game with an 8-2 or better record this could be a 14-2 team.

With that said I am bumping it to 13-3. This team just had their coming out party. If they beat San Diego look out, I would say they will go on to extend this winning streak into a long one. But that Steelers game is looming large, that will be a battle and one I can see us losing.

If we come out of the Steelers game healthy, I don't think we lose to the Colts at home.

Nope, I'm still sticking with 11-5. I think some of those 9-7 folks might be coming around, though ;)

I checked in with 11-5 also ... i was tempted to say 12-4 but i wasn't sure where Bill would draw the line between winning and development. So I'll stay with 11-5 ... I'm sure we still have a stinker or two in us ... i hope not but .....

I'm saying we're a better team than we have been in the last 2 years, based on our players and their potential, and I think the Colts are a worse team this year than they were in the last two years. Then I look at our 2 road losses to them which were very close games, and I think that translates to us stomping them at home this year!

well..how much worse are they ? they dont have bob sanders as usual. same run defense.Same manning/clark/wayne/collie/garcon . just saying.. every yr people predict the colts decline but they are pretty much the same. Suspect defense held by 2 very good pass rushers which plays great with a lead when u dont have to run the ball and a very efficient offense which may have had problems but is usually as reliable as it gets...just my opinion

This team is a lot better than we give them credit for. I think finally we will revert back to our old ways...Brady will return to spreading the ball instead of games where he forced the ball to Randy (and let me say Randy played very well with us). Our defense seems like it will return to the tough hard hitting style. Special teams looks pretty damn good, and overall it feels like theres more confidence. It feels like Belichick has more confidence in this team than last year.

12-4 or 13-3, facing the Jets in the AFCCG (I hope :mad:).

I'll stick with 10-6 until the next 6 games are over - I expect 3-3 over the next 6 games to make them 7-4 going into december where they usually have a winning month - I'll say they go 3-2 after Thanksgiving = 10-6

I'll stick with 10-6 until the next 6 games are over - I expect 3-3 over the next 6 games to make them 7-4 going into december where they usually have a winning month - I'll say they go 3-2 after Thanksgiving = 10-6

A little early for the sauce, no? You need to get your eyes checked bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back