PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

**The official Day 3 Patriots Draft Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a super-sleeper. NFL.com's draft tracker doesn't even know his height or weight.

6'4" 252, worth a shot, has the size and spped to play OLB.

BTW, 5-1 Bruins, the Flyers are pulling Boucher, 3 miniutes left in the second period.

make that 5-2

Last edited:
Hey Mr. Carter, tell me where have you been? They been asking, they been searching, they been wondering why?

Oh look, there's Vince Lombardi announcing the 197th pick!

So far we have drafted:

LT
FS
2 RB
RG
Either a relief pitcher, a rugby player, or an author

With one more pick.

Not bad.

So the Pats finally draft a linebacker and nobody's excited? Tough crowd, sheesh. :D

Wrong Lee Smith. I hope this was a weak attempt at humor because it's patently untrue.

It's the same guy. Smith went to Tennessee then was kicked off the team so he transferred to Marshall.

Last edited by a moderator:
Markell Carter rated high in defensive end rankings

Then it was off to Central Arkansas. From the beginning of his career there, he saw major playing time. He became a fulltime starter after his sophomore season — and after shedding approximately 25 pounds.

He had bulked up to approximately 270 pounds his sophomore year, but went back down to 245-to-250, the weight at which he played his last two seasons.

He appeared in 34 games his first three years, compiling a total of 11 sacks, 20 tackles for loss and one interception (his freshman year).

Carter’s final campaign as a UCA Bear was truly special.

During his senior season, He compiled 62 tackles (25 solo), and almost 20 tackles for losses equaling 103 yards. Carter also was credited with seven quarterback hurries, and he recovered four fumbles.

His career stats at UCA included 143 tackles (62 solo), 38.5 tackles for loss (nearly 10 a year) and 16.5 sacks.

NFL Draft Scout

Pro Day Results:
Height: 6043
Weight: 252
40: 4.70
20: 2.74
10: 1.71
Bench Reps: 17
Vertical: 35 1/2
Broad Jump: 10'01"
Shuttle: 4.45
3-Cone: 7.43

Fitzy on Twitter: Well hot nuts, the Patriots finally selected an OLB, Markell Carter. Just the kind you'd expect; from a school I've never heard of before.

Last edited:
So people were complaining about no pass rushers. Now the Pats take someone with close to prototypical size (he may me a few lbs light in the pants at the moment), length, and speed for a BB OLB in Markell Carter, yet people are going to complain it wasn't the OLB they wanted them to take.

I think I've finally come to grips that people are just going to complain no matter what happens. Even when its in the sixth round when most of these guys may not even make the roster (although I do think that Carter can surprise some people).
Wow. Just wow.

I didn't know KC had the 199th pick. Are they trying to duplicate our luck?

Highlight reel is nothing special. But I'm sure he's a million times better than Romeus.

Last edited:
So people were complaining about no pass rushers. Now the Pats take someone with close to prototypical size (he may me a few lbs light in the pants at the moment), length, and speed for a BB OLB in Markell Carter, yet people are going to complain it wasn't the OLB they wanted them to take.

I think I've finally come to grips that people are just going to complain no matter what happens. Even when its in the sixth round when most of these guys may not even make the roster (although I do think that Carter can surprise some people).

Good point. After all, the general rule is that the best pass rushing OLBs are found in the 6th and 7th rounds.

Either a relief pitcher, a rugby player, or an author

actually, he's all three...BB prizes versatility

Did you see him bullrush the tackle from Colorado Culinary Institute.
Then he pulled a classic head slap/swim technique vs West Demoines Agriculture.
LOL. I liked how he set the edge against East Bum F*ck Comunity College and Deli. He's the answer to all our prayers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back