PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official: Day 2 Patriots Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's what you can get away with when you have longterm players with great talent on your roster. Warren, Seymour and Wilfork are all still under 30. Moss should have years of productivity left, along with Brady, Welker and company. When you factor in the team's preference to use mostly lower round picks on interior linemen and linebackers, it gives you a lot of freedom to draft the other positions high.

And of course Eugene Wilson was drafted pretty high.

The days of Dante camp are gone. We could check but several of the last few OL's picked by the patriots after the 4th didn't end up on our Practice Squad, and if they did they didn't stay long. Maybe these two are raw enough to stay. Yates was on the Practive Squad but we paid him roster pay.
That is true....but the OLs..were cut..didn't stay..They were not plucked by another team...at least as far as I can remember.. Yes. Hilliard, Oldenburg and Stevenson did end up on other teams..but..not taken directly. We should see what happens. True..Dante's camp has not been the best the last few years..but...is it the ones they brought in were not as dedicated?? Or good?? Not sure...

That is true....but the OLs..were cut..didn't stay..They were not plucked by another team...at least as far as I can remember.. Yes. Hilliard, Oldenburg and Stevenson did end up on other teams..but..not taken directly. We should see what happens. True..Dante's camp has not been the best the last few years..but...is it the ones they brought in were not as dedicated?? Or good?? Not sure...

The only reason Lua and Richardson made it through the 2007 season is that they were on IR.

The only other day two player from '07 that really should have stuck on the roster was Justin Rogers, but of course Belichick decided he'd rather keep Chad f'ing Brown. :mad:

So, I'm taking bets. Do they use 198 or trade it? I'll say trade for a 5th next year. They have 207 coming up which they can't trade.

J D Sal

So, I'm taking bets. Do they use 198 or trade it? I'll say trade for a 5th next year. They have 207 coming up which they can't trade.

J D Sal

Use it on Ian Johnson.

J D Sal

I definitely think BB wants to trade it. Remember, he needs a partner who seriously WANTS #198 for some arcane reason. Will he find one?

And the Rams take a QB with the last name Null. :rofl:

We're on deck.....

Cowboys took Box's guy, Stephen Hodge.

Pats on the clock.

Ha ha ha, the forum is about to go ballistic - from Twitter:

With the 25th pick in the sixth round, the Patriots select LS Jake Ingram from Hawaii.

Jake Ingram....long snapper from Hawaii

J D Sal

I'm thinking, 'What the hell is "LS"? did they mean to write FS or LB? Oooooohhh, long snapper. who knew?'

Wow.

I have no idea what to make of this, other than that BB really loves his long snappers.

I guess Nathan Hodel better make sure he's only renting. . . .

Last edited:
With the 25th pick in the sixth round, the Patriots select LS Jake Ingram from Hawaii.

I'm just going to go ahead and assume the comp pick is going to be a bartender.

The guy was actually at the combine!

J D Sal

Who said we werent going to take an "Ingram"

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST