PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Belichick Post Press Conference Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to watch My Cousin Vinny ....

Another reason I am sick and tired of Peter King and his "why are the Colts balls not affected." *****, they prepare their balls differently. In different conditions as well. And they may have had them at the higher range. Are you really as pork stupid as you look? My second grader gets this!

From the transcript -

BB: "When the footballs are delivered to the officials locker room, the officials were asked to inflate them to 12.5 PSI. What exactly they did, I don’t know."

It does not matter what the Pats set the psi to. Belichick says that the refs are asked to make the final setting to a legal 12.5 psi.

Whether the refs do or do not is on the NFL, not on the Pats.

Is this because friction raises the temperature? That makes a lot of sense. And I can't think of any other way it could work.

Yes. Friction increases temperature. Race cars intentionally under inflate the tires they put on in a pit stop because they know they will heat up (from sliding on the track) and grow in size after a lap or two. You will often see cars at Indy or in F1 showering sparks from bottoming out on the first lap out of the pits. Once the tires heat up from friction, the car rides just enough higher to not bottom out.

If the tires get too hot, they blister and the race engineers have to make changes to the car setup to make that corner of the car slide less (less friction/less heat).

A football has so little air in it compared to a car tire that it would take nothing to raise its temps a few degrees from buffing it.

Those balls, approved by the NFL, were delivered to the Patriots before kickoff. If the Patriots were to alter those balls, they would have had to do it in front of dozens of network cameras and tens of thousands of fans, almost everyone armed with a cell phone camera.

If the Patriots altered the footballs, it would be on camera somewhere.

The NFL has yet to provide that evidence. Probably because that evidence does not exist. Instead, the NFL has created a PR disaster for itself, apparently wrongly accusing a marquee franchise of committing a minor misdeameanor that may in fact have been the league's own fault, and turning it into a national circus. The league, as it announced Friday, is hiring an army of investigators, forensics experts and legal advisors, all over a a couple PSI in a few footballs. Pure insanity.

The NFL could not have f*cked up this story any worse if they tried.
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...-post-press-conference-thread.1115575/page-16
B7_wV7UIAAEogAV.jpg

Last edited:
I loved the 'Spygate' answer, and I wish it wasn't 7 years too late. If the Patriots had handled 'spygate' that way in 2007, we wouldn't be dealing with deflate-gate in 2014.
Well I am going to assume that Kraft just wanted to sweep it under the rug in cahoots with Goodell .

Ignoring the fact that some of these really despicable NFL (or self) centered media simply don't believe Belichick (calling someone a liar is pretty big damn deal in my book, but maybe I'm old fashioned)... they're completely ignoring the well-proven fact that a football with +/- 1.5 to 2 pounds barely noticeable, under perfectly controlled conditions (e.g., not out in the cold pouring rain with a stadium full of people facing an opponent determined to do physical harm to all ball carriers...)

So, what possible motive would there be to do this?

Well I am going to assume that Kraft just wanted to sweep it under the rug in cahoots with Goodell .
He didnt want other teams being exposed. Now I dont know if the league will launch an enquiry on this statement by BB that others were doing it.

Update on that Ravens fan from earlier: The pressure gauge he had is designed for tires so he's going to buy one for a ball and have a go tomorrow instead.

Lets hope we get closure on monday and we can focus on the task at hand

There is no motive. This entire embarrassing spectacle has been a low point in my fandom of football. And I thought Spycrap was bad. This trumps it.

Is it any wonder when I say, when BB/Brady are gone, I'm gone. I just am. The NFL has lost me. The Patriots and only the Patriots have me while those two are still around. They are responsible for turning my love of of NFL football to an obsession. And the NFL is responsible for killing it.

Going to watch My Cousin Vinny ....

Best line is when peci swears in passing, and the judge asks him what he said... and peci is confused cause go him it's normal talk and is completely unaware of what he said.

The judge says he's gonna hold him in contempt and peci be like "what's ****ing new"

Bahaha awesome

Dunno if this has been posted yet: http://www.headsmartlabs.com/#in-the-news

The PDF they've made available confirms the Patriots testing:

HeadSmart Labs found that on average the footballs dropped 1.1 PSI from the 25 degree temperature change alone. The Lab also found that when the leather was wet, the ball dropped an additional 0.7 PSI. In combination, it was found that on average the footballs lost 1.8 PSI with a max of 1.95 PSI from exposure to game day elements.

This whole Deflategate is the absolute worst thing that could have possibly happened to the Seahawks. The Pats are now smelling blood. Just like the loss to KC was the absolute worst thing that could have happened to the Bengals (next to making a 1 round exit).

Pats will go out there on Sunday and will put up a 60 minutes of a **** YOU campaign of EPIC PROPORTIONS.

BANK ON IT!!!

Hey anybody got a link to a definitive Spygate article so I can shove it up someone's arse?

Best line is when peci swears in passing, and the judge asks him what he said... and peci is confused cause go him it's normal talk and is completely unaware of what he said.

The judge says he's gonna hold him in contempt and peci be like "what's ****ing new"

Bahaha awesome
In context of footballs..."Dead on balls accurate" is the best line from the movie.

http://www.patriots.com/news/blog/a...46c?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

"Belichick declared. “I just feel that on behalf of everyone in the organization, everyone that’s involved in this organization, that we need to say something.”"

When I was listening to that press conference, I thought Belichick just said "on behalf of everyone in the organization" with nothing preceeding that. Anyone think Belichick might have gone rogue on this? It was impromptu, came on a Saturday, etc.

Edit: you can be sure this didn't make the league happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST