PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official 2015 NFL Draft Rounds 2-3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're getting close here, two picks coming up, we better not trade back, this board will really crash then. lol

David Johnson gone.

I liked him a lot.

Here is a thought what if Richards comes in and is solid?
That'll be rough for this place. Half my negative feedback is just from saying positive things about Richards.

We have no idea what scheme the Pats are going to run. How do we know that the Pats are going to play a lot of two deep safeties this year.

Because there aren't any lock down press corners left available unless you have an idea for a trade and the Pats have historically used two deep safeties in the past with similar secondaries. If you have any suggestions for corners in this draft that can make it so that we can use Richards the same way we used Chung last year, I'm all ears. Because I don't see one on the roster than can currently do that.

Coates please it worked out with Ben

Is tevin Coleman still available?

Coates gone to the Steelers

Not the place but that's not true. The Marines and the Navy are separate branches under "United States Department of the Navy". A military "branch" is nothing more than a term for a subdivision. Both branches have an independent chain of command that reports to the Secretary of the Navy (Civilian position - this is an important distinction for people who have served). There is no military chain of command that overlaps and that's important indicator when determining if a branch is part of another. Navy and "Department of the Navy" are not the same.

The Coast Guard is its own branch too.

Tradition always separated the Marines, but the true "branches" are Army, Navy, Air Force. That said, the Marines should be fully separate - they have more than earned it.

we'

Time to trade #96 for a 5th round pick and a 7th round pick. Bill doesn't understand trade value charts.
Then trade #97 for a 2020 2nd round pick. We'll needs extra picks after Tom retires.

I think BB trades one of those picks #96 or #101... It is kind of late to trade up so i think he trades down.

You can't trade 97 of course : P

Flicking Steelers take my receivers every effing year

Because there aren't any lock down press corners left available unless you have an idea for a trade and the Pats have historically used two deep safeties in the past with similar secondaries. If you have any suggestions for corners in this draft that can make it so that we can use Richards the same way we used Chung last year, I'm all ears. Because I don't see one on the roster than can currently do that.

So why is it so hard to have a little faith that Belichick sees the big picture too?

Tradition always separated the Marines, but the true "branches" are Army, Navy, Air Force. That said, the Marines should be fully separate - they have more than earned it.
There's the Air Force.....then there's everyone else :p

I bet this was written in a different year from the others. I think people way overestimate how much these pundits actually scout past the middle of round one.
STRENGTHS: Richards is a team leader and warrior on the field. Very coachable prospect that loves the game and plays with a passion. He is very tough and extremely competitive. Very effective against the run, but plays ball very well. He shows up in all facets of the game. Overall he looks pretty fluid and athletic. He has good agility and gets his hands on a lot of passes (21 PBUs over his career) but must do a better job of fighting through blocks and making reliable tackles in the open field to overcome his lack of ideal size.

WEAKNESSES: One particular play stood out at the East-West Shrine Practice regarding Richards. South Dakota State running back Zachary Zenner took the ball outside and Richards had no answer to his speed and Zenner ran it in for a touchdown. There are plenty of positives about his overall skills, but he lacks pure speed and range. He makes up for it taking good angles to the football and being a student of the game. Does not always show good adjustment with regard to the cushion he allows receivers in coverage.

-- Bo Marchionte
Player Overview
Richards enjoyed a productive career for the Cardinal, racking up postseason all-conferences honors after each of the past three seasons. After receiving back-to-back honorable mention honors, Richards was recognized with first team All-Pac-12 accolades his final season at Stanford.

He is a team captain who also excels in the classroom, where he achieved Pac-12 All-Academic first team status in each of the past three years. Leaving high school, Richards was ranked as one of the top 100 receivers in the nation. He switched from offense to defense and immediately made an impact at Stanford, appearing in all 13 games as a true freshman and starting in three at safety.

Each season was better than the last for Richards, who played in the East-West Shrine Game in St. Petersburg, Fla. He showed at practice he is a tempo setter and field general. Easily provided a leadership quality for a group of young faces that came together to form the West roster.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1851154/jordan-richards

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST