PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official 2015 NFL Draft Rounds 2-3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Richards better never be seen anywhere near Danny Amendola if he wants to keep Psycho6 at bay...:eek:

it's one more clip than you found.

You're lucky I won't waste my time and post a bunch

If that 1 hit helps you sleep better at night about this guy being a 2nd round pick then whatever floats your boat man

Might as well have traded a 2nd rounder to Tennesee for Jemea Thomas

Well, there goes Kroft! :p

Manx, do you like Tre Jackson?

Not especially I'm afraid. We're starting to get to a stage where he has value so if he's the pick I'd be OK but not thrilled. Now if it's Shaq Mason then I'd be thrilled.

Tavon would have been a solid 7'th round pick.

carnac-the-magnificent.jpg

No I just checked in my binkies are dropping like flies, Conley, Coleman, Smith.
Coates, Smelter, Diggs, are the only receivers left on my board.

Here is a thought what if Richards comes in and is solid?

If he becomes a solid in the box safety, I don't know if that is a bad thing. I don't know when in the box safeties became a bad thing. Not every safety has to be able to cover deep. If he can cover shorter routes, stop the run, rush the passer, and be an enforcer over the middle; he can still be a solid safety in the league.

We have a box safety. We have two of them (one coming from one of the last reaches at the position that can't play deep either). We need a safety that can play deep now that Revis is gone. That isn't Jordan Richards. Anybody that's watched the kid can tell you he's not athletic enough to do that.

The Rutgers guy is gone... what to do what to do...

Tavon would have been a solid 7'th round pick.

Sure, but we're not discussing what round he should've been taken in. The suggestion made was that he'll be cut now.

That doesn't wash. BB clearly knows more about football than the board combined but he bombs out all the time in the draft.

Where do the players that populate the winningest and multiple championship teams come from, then. seriously, since he picks almost last every year, how does that happen?

We have a box safety. We have two of them (one coming from one of the last reaches at the position that can't play deep either). We need a safety that can play deep now that Revis is gone. That isn't Jordan Richards. Anybody that's watched the kid can tell you he's not athletic enough to do that.

We have no idea what scheme the Pats are going to run. How do we know that the Pats are going to play a lot of two deep safeties this year.

Would be ecstatic to land Coates this late in the draft. Have to think you could get Smelter in the fourth too.

We're still Pats fans guys...no matter what happens in this draft, we still come out ahead.

we'
The Pats will probably trade down or out of 96... At 97 probably a WR or RB is my guess...

I get the impression they don't like the OGs much and going S then CB would seem a little odd... Not unheard of from them of course but just odd to draft 2 DBs in a row.

LB is an outside possibility too.

Mike Davis - RB
Ajayi Jay - RB
Resheed Green - WR
Sammie Coates - WR
Paul Dawson - LB
Tiawan Jones - LB

I just don't think G or CB (are likely right now.

I'll say Offense... Mike Davis - RB
Time to trade #96 for a 5th round pick and a 7th round pick. Bill doesn't understand trade value charts.
Then trade #97 for a 2020 2nd round pick. We'll needs extra picks after Tom retires.

Sign me up. If he's got a criminal background, we'll be killing two birds with one stone.
Never mind, I spoke too soon. Their must be a Rutgers special teams player still left.

For anyone who may still think that Jordan Richards is too small, remember that Troy Polamalu is 5''10' and weighs 207.
For anyone who may still think that Jordan Richards is too slow, remember that Rodney Harrison ran the 40-yard dash (albeit in 1994) in 4.82

I'm not saying he'll be as good as either of these guys, but can we at least watch him play first?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3