PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official 2015 NFL Draft Rounds 2-3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So that's the secret to BB picking Richards. We're going to have all 53 guys on the field against the oppositions 11. No way we can lose now! :D

Unless Richards is on the field as well, because he's slow and he can't cover.

/sarcasm

Funny, people were complaining a few months ago when the Pats let Browner go that his physical presence and hitting set a tone for the team. Over the years people have said this team needs a Bryan Cox (who was a role player who could make big hits).

So if Richards can make it on the field, he could be the tone setter people want on this team.

I'm just guessing that you haven't watched too much Stanford. Richards got my attention with that hit (this was actually the hit I referenced a couple of pages ago). Then I began to watch him in coverage. Whoa. Just wait. You'll see what I mean. I hope his job is similar to Chung's and we don't need to rely on him to cover WR's. It's not pretty. Zach Zenner made him pick his jock up off the ground during the East-West Shrine Game.

Just so irritating seeing talented guys being picked right now, some of them day 1 starters at positions of need, while we need to justify our reach.

You're in the front office?

Come on... It's 1 hit. You can find 30+ DB prospects with a couple hard hits here & there.

it's one more clip than you found.

I think the "problem" (and I use that word loosely) is that with the exception of Chung all the Safeties a bit samey (excluding Ebner who's just an STer).

If Richards can push and eventually take over from Chung then the pick is fine.

Before Browner came off suspension and Ebner got injured, Ebner was being used in that 3rd-down hybrid S/LB role.

Who do the Pats select next? Predictions?

How about Tre Jackson, a big road grader who can step in and start at Guard from day for us. Either him or TJ Clemmings. Just two names that could potentially help us from day one.

Grady Jarrett
TJ Clemmings
Michael Bennett

What's going on?

BB clearly knows more about football than the board combined but he bombs out all the time in the draft.

The key is to bomb out less than (almost) everyone else, and BB does that.

Who do the Pats select next? Predictions?

The Pats will probably trade down or out of 96... At 97 probably a WR or RB is my guess...

I get the impression they don't like the OGs much and going S then CB would seem a little odd... Not unheard of from them of course but just odd to draft 2 DBs in a row.

LB is an outside possibility too.

Mike Davis - RB
Ajayi Jay - RB
Resheed Green - WR
Sammie Coates - WR
Paul Dawson - LB
Tiawan Jones - LB

I just don't think G or CB (are likely right now.

I'll say Offense... Mike Davis - RB

I'm wondering if Bill had Richards as the best player available on the board or if he had safety as an area of need. If that's the case that would be surprising as I would think other than QB and Tight End, Safety was one of the strongest and deepest positions on our team.
I think Richards had to have been pretty high up on the list as BPA... From what I've heard BB only has roughly 30 or so guys on his board that he wants to draft, so if you figure maybe 8 of them have been drafted by the end of the 2nd, you end up with a guy like Richards potentially being BPA with 22 players left and 5 more rounds.

I'm just guessing that you haven't watched too much Stanford. Richards got my attention with that hit (this was actually the hit I referenced a couple of pages ago). Then I began to watch him in coverage. Whoa. Just wait. You'll see what I mean. I hope his job is similar to Chung's and we don't need to rely on him to cover WR's. It's not pretty. Zach Zenner made him pick his jock up off the ground during the East-West Shrine Game.

If he becomes a solid in the box safety, I don't know if that is a bad thing. I don't know when in the box safeties became a bad thing. Not every safety has to be able to cover deep. If he can cover shorter routes, stop the run, rush the passer, and be an enforcer over the middle; he can still be a solid safety in the league.

Just FYI---Tavon Wilson played more special teams snaps than any other New England Patriot last season, and that obviously includes Matthew Slater.

It seems as though Belichick values Tavon Wilson in some capacity.

Tavon would have been a solid 7'th round pick.

a couple of thoughts:
  • Draft guides and "scouting reports" and TV predictions are not relevant to the Patriots' evaluation. To suggest that they are ignoring consensus opinion is to suggest that they pay any attention to what others think. You can't ignore something you are unaware of.
  • To suggest that the team won't improve its personnel at a position because of who they pick in a single draft spot is stunningly ignorant of their history of developing a roster over a full 6 month off season. The draft provides perhaps 20% of the roster changeover in most years.

Dang! I really wanted Mauldin!

Hey, Goodell ... There are only three branches of the US Armed Forces ... The Marine Corps is part of the Dept. of the Navy, and the Coast Guard is part of the Dept of Transportation until called up for war-related actions where they come under the Dept of the Navy.

Not the place but that's not true. The Marines and the Navy are separate branches under "United States Department of the Navy". A military "branch" is nothing more than a term for a subdivision. Both branches have an independent chain of command that reports to the Secretary of the Navy (Civilian position - this is an important distinction for people who have served). There is no military chain of command that overlaps and that's important indicator when determining if a branch is part of another. Navy and "Department of the Navy" are not the same.

The Coast Guard is its own branch too.

Jordan Richards is thinkin' he must have hit the jackpot. 2nd round pick for a guy who's pretty much 7th round material AT BEST. Gotta be awesome to be in his shoes. Plus, he gets to learn from mccourty and harmon. He has a 2-3 year honeymoon period in Boston.

He looks slow as hell in those vids. Hopefully he loses some weight and spends some time in a hyperbaric chamber instead of a goddamn library

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3