PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

***THE OFFICIAL 2015 NFL 1st Round draft thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
You understand that we can trade back up again if needed. The point of all those picks is that it would make moving around a lot easier. There's still a lot of talent in that second round and a lot of names that have been talked of as potential first rounders.

Costs more to move back up than it does to move back I believe. So in the end it's a wash basically.

So offensively the Colts will be starting Luck, plus a 5 WR set (Hilton, Moncrief, Carter, Johnson, Dorsett), plus 2 TEs (Fleener, Allen), and Gore in the backfield... They'll be running the infrequently used 2 O-lineman set.

@DougKyedNESN: What does Malcom know about Boston? "The Celtics. That's about it."

So offensively the Colts will be starting Luck, plus a 5 WR set (Hilton, Moncrief, Carter, Johnson, Dorsett), plus 2 TEs (Fleener, Allen), and Gore in the backfield... They'll be running the infrequently used 2 O-lineman set.

Trend setter!

Costs more to move back up than it does to move back I belive. So in the end it's a wash basically.

It depends how high you move up. In terms of OL alone, there's Jake Fisher, TJ Clemmings, AJ Cann, Tre Jackson and Ali Marpet still on the board. They aren't going 1-2-3-4-5 tomorrow. You wouldn't even have to trade up for one of them.

My quick Round 2 horizontal board.

QB - Petty
RB - Coleman, Abdullah, Yeldon and Duke Johnson
TE - Williams
WR - Strong, D. Smith, DGB and S. Coates
OL - Fisher, Cann, Grasu, Tre Jackson and Donovan Smith

DE - P. Smith and M. Edwards
DT - Goldman, Phillips, Jarrett, Bennett and C. Davis
LB - Gregory, McKinney, Kendricks, Perryman and P. Dawson
CB - PJ Williams, J. Collins, R. Darby and E. Rowe
S - L. Collins

TJ Clemmings is the best offensive lineman available right now. If the Patriots somehow got him in the 2nd I'd do backflips.

Dorial Green Beckham
Chris Conley
Sammie Coates
Deandre Smelter
Jalen strong
ALL still there we can get a good receiver if we want one.

Just read the first draft grade piece I've seen, and some idiot gave the Colts an A- for picking Dorsett. LMAO

Most mind-numbing move: Jets drafting Williams despite already boasting outstanding D-linemen, Colts drafting Dorsett to be their 5th WR, or Elway sending 2 fifths and one of his best O-linemen for a falling DE?

It depends how high you move up. In terms of OL alone, there's Jake Fisher, TJ Clemmings, AJ Cann, Tre Jackson and Ali Marpet still on the board. They aren't going 1-2-3-4-5 tomorrow. You wouldn't even have to trade up for one of them.

True. Maybe they package a couple of later picks. I bet they come out with 5 total this year. We shall see. I tend to think that drafts are opposite of what is stated. Thus, the middle I don't believe is as strong as stated. Could be wrong though.

It strikes me how Malcom Brown is so incredibly similar to the Vince Wilfork pick.

Obviously, both play the same position. Both were married in college with step children from their wives. Both fell surprisingly right into the Pats hands. I remember how shocked the Pats were that no one picked Vince early on - - they had no inkling that he would ever be available to them. Same thing happened with Brown. I love how one poster on the Colt Forum wrote that Belichick must have "had a draftgasm" when Grigson bypassed Brown for the WR.

FTR, the Colts taking Dorsett is essentially the same as the Patriots taking Collins. It's funny as hell watching people bash the Colts for doing the same thing BB did two years ago.

True. Maybe they package a couple of later picks. I bet they come out with 5 total this year. We shall see. I tend to think that drafts are opposite of what is stated. Thus, the middle I don't believe is as strong as stated. Could be wrong though.

There's a reason I'm here and BB is where he is, but my preference would have been to take that trade and then to have found a way to draft Grady Jarrett and AJ Cann (or Marpet and Lae'el Collins). I personally like Jarrett more than Brown. But BB had Brown ranked as he does so I'm fine with that.

Anybody know how the Bronco fans are reacting to their trade?

You're an idiot if you don't see why people who weren't aware of the joke would be very confused and offended at that post.

If this is an reference to some joke explain it and I'll remove my dislike but otherwise wow.

FTR, the Colts taking Dorsett is essentially the same as the Patriots taking Collins. It's funny as hell watching people bash the Colts for doing the same thing BB did two years ago.
I can see where you would draw the parallel, but this was in the first round... It just feels so silly.

I can see where you would draw the parallel, but this was in the first round... It just feels so silly.

I 100% agree that it was a ridiculous pick by the Colts, and I hope they have the ball shoved down their throat all season now. Colts game threads would be epic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back