PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Newbie Parade...

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsox23

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
of this off-season, coupled with their knee-jerk panic in the face of any adversity whatsoever, will go absolutely NUTS this week - and seems to have done so already.

Tonight was bad. Denver played very good defense. We were beat in the trenches on both sides of the ball. The offense is taking a lot of time to come together.

If this continues ALL SEASON, go ahead and freak out and start all kinds of threads about Maroney not being able to handle a full load, and about Caldwell, Gabriel, Jackson $ucking or being too wimpy to get on the field, and about the team having no playmakers whatsoever.

But considering it's week 3 with a whole bunch of moving parts, for a team with some history of this kind of start, and considering we're 2-1 despite that - maybe you want to keep those panties untwisted for at least another month or so.

How's that sound, ladies?

Meanwhile, try these stats on for size...

Deion Branch - 2 catches, 23 yards. 1 run for 8 yards. (Bearing in mind, it was his first game)

David Givens - 2 catches for 47 yards.

Gabriel - 5 for 65 yards and a TD

Caldwell - 3 for 46 yards

Obviously, that doesn't tell the whole story - Branch and Givens knew the system and could maybe have helped even more than these two - but it's still worth noting that these WR's are making progress and the departed aren't exactly burning up the NFL.

patsox23 said:
Deion Branch - 2 catches, 23 yards. 1 run for 8 yards. (Bearing in mind, it was his first game)

Caldwell - 3 for 46 yards.

For a FRACTION of the cost.

patsox23 said:
Meanwhile, try these stats on for size...

Caldwell - 3 for 46 yards

Obviously, that doesn't tell the whole story

Gee, ya think?

patsox23 said:
For a FRACTION of the cost.
Another monetary victory for Krafty

People jumping off the bridge b/c they don't understand the nuance of fiscal value and long-term vision - and off the bandwagon of a team that has won 2 of the last 5 Super Bowls. Go for it.

P.S. BUMP b/c this thread is COMPLETELY correct.

patsox23 said:
People jumping off the bridge b/c they don't understand the nuance of fiscal value and long-term vision - and off the bandwagon of a team that has won 2 of the last 5 Super Bowls. Go for it.

P.S. BUMP b/c this thread is COMPLETELY correct.

Actually, it's 3 of 5 Super Bowls. If yoU're going to talk about things that are completely irrevelant to this season and the current problems the team has, at least get it right.

patsox23 said:
But considering it's week 3 with a whole bunch of moving parts, for a team with some history of this kind of start, and considering we're 2-1 despite that - maybe you want to keep those panties untwisted for at least another month or so.

How's that sound, ladies?

LMAO! Come on, even for those out on the ledge right now screaming the sky is falling, you have to admit that is hilarious........

SoonerPatriot said:
Actually, it's 3 of 5 Super Bowls. If yoU're going to talk about things that are completely irrevelant to this season and the current problems the team has, at least get it right.

Gee. Let's see. You think that might've been a typo? Give me a break.

P.S. BUMP - this thread continues to be outrageously correct. People need to get a grip.

I don't see how our past achievements will help us win games :confused: People like to bring up what we've accomplished in the past, and that's all great and all, but that's not going to help TB and his WRs get their timing down and all. Bask in the past and you will end up like Green Bay. Look at what's going on over there, Lord Favre playing like crap and the fans are still in love with him.

I see some of those around here too...

edgecy said:
I don't see how our past achievements will help us win games :confused: People like to bring up what we've accomplished in the past, and that's all great and all, but that's not going to help TB and his WRs get their timing down and all. Bask in the past and you will end up like Green Bay. Look at what's going on over there, Lord Favre playing like crap and the fans are still in love with him.

I see some of those around here too...

Please, for the love of God, don't be simple. That is SOOO not the point. The point is that this is a group of players and coaches that have been productive in the past, and who have had EXACTLY this kind of "learning the system" bumps. Their past success - and this exact pattern of circumstance - points to the likelihood that the (currently 2-1, first-place) ship will be righted.

patsox23 said:
Please, for the love of God, don't be simple. That is SOOO not the point. The point is that this is a group of players and coaches that have been productive in the past, and who have had EXACTLY this kind of "learning the system" bumps. Their past success - and this exact pattern of circumstance - points to the likelihood that the (currently 2-1, first-place) ship will be righted.

d%#*!@t why do you people keep on calling it a ship??? We're not the Bucs. We don't have a ship to right!

edgecy, I don't mean to be so obnoxious to you, but the influx of newbies during the off-season was bad enough. They're frantic panic about a poor showing for a team with a lot of cohesiveness still a ways away is as annoying as it is predictable.

Nah, that last post was an attempt to help lighten the atmosphere around here. To tell you the truth, I saw a lot of things that concerned me, but somewhere the rational me realizes that it's only week 3 and we just need to settle down, and play better.

BUMP - newbies, please feel free to criticize. That is not the point of this thread. But please ease off the panic pedal. It's common, it's short-sighted and it's F-ing week 3. You're making a great site worse. Stop it.

patsox23 said:
BUMP - newbies, please feel free to criticize. That is not the point of this thread. But please ease off the panic pedal. It's common, it's short-sighted and it's F-ing week 3. You're making a great site worse. Stop it.
dude the site is no longer great. they ruined it.

This site tonight is WAY uglier than the Patriots performance. They got beat by a better team. Will they improve? I think they will. I certainly hope so.

Digger, I hope you're wrong. Perhaps they'll leave since the team is now at that low of lows - first place at 2-1.

patsox23 said:
This site tonight is WAY uglier than the Patriots performance. They got beat by a better team. Will they improve? I think they will. I certainly hope so.

Digger, I hope you're wrong. Perhaps they'll leave since the team is now at that low of lows - first place at 2-1.

if they are allowed to be here then the site will remain just like this. there may be times of calmness, but the true character is showing up. you wonder why the fans at the razor are so bad? they are the same idiots posting on this board after the game. NE has the worst fans. i feel bad for our guys tonight. you think our offense is celebrating tonight? i am sure TB just loves laying eggs. it must be fun. let's kick then even harder when they are down. what fun!

The primary culprits of ridiculous posts tonight, and their post totals:

SCPatboy - 211
borg - 156
Patriot64 - 70
PF1996 - 46

'Nuff said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back