PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Newbie Parade...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mikey is the only full-out panic-mode non-newbie, but he's got the spirit of a newbie up the wazoo.

patsox23 said:
The primary culprits of ridiculous posts tonight, and their post totals:

SCPatboy - 211
borg - 156
Patriot64 - 70
PF1996 - 46

'Nuff said.

ban them all

patsox23 said:
Mikey is the only full-out panic-mode non-newbie, but he's got the spirit of a newbie up the wazoo.
enough is enough. ban him too.

Eh. I'm not pro-banning, but it would be nice if these so-called "fans" would take their cue from some of the veteran posters here who, while critical, are not jumping off the deep end (in either direction).

I think I am missing the whole point of this thread. Ban people who tend to see more gloom than boom? Ban people that don't post something you're in agreeance with? Ban anyone with less than a 1000 post count that doesn't conform to some secret handshake club expectation of opinion?

Hey, don't get me wrong, I have read some of the pretty outrageous threads here tonight. Calling for coaching changes, cutting Caldwell, Signing Edinger....etc. Even though I don't agree with them and fail to have as much concern given it is only week 3, I certainly don't think they should be chastised, belittled, or made to feel unwelcome for voicing their opinion.

And really, to imply that someone isn't a real "fan" because they voice their displeasure or disagreeance with the team in any way shape or form is pretty ignorant. I have watched my father cuss the Pats quite often (even recently) since the early 70's. Are you saying that old guy who still has a Boston Patriots yearbook from his first live game in 1964, almost shed a tear when Jim Colclough died a couple of years ago,and listens to the game on the radio while watching it because he has been "listening to them" for 40 years isn't a "real" fan? I dare you to take a drive downeast way to Rockport and tell him that to his face. To help you out with your yankee- Downeast ain't south. Point being that FANS sometimes complain, but it don't change their loyalties and devotions.

Anyway, what was the point of this thread again?

thewaylifeshouldbe said:
I think I am missing the whole point of this thread. Ban people who tend to see more gloom than boom? Ban people that don't post something you're in agreeance with? Ban anyone with less than a 1000 post count that doesn't conform to some secret handshake club expectation of opinion?

Shouldbe,

Maybe we should just ban those who don't get sarcasm unless the poster says so in his post. :)

I think they meant it humorously.

I am confused? :confused:

I am a "newbie" and I am not sure if this post is supoose to be funny, or is trying to tell me to take a hike from the site?

I watched last night's game, yeah I was disappointed in the outcome, but my feeling on it is, "ok, we got our first loss of the season behind on us......focus on what right in the game (I think Brady did have some good passing connects with Gabriel and I am really am liking what I am seeing from Maroney) and work on the stuff that didn't go right so we are in good form for next week against Cincinatti."

I didn't expect this team to go 16-0, so the loss didn't dash my hopes on this team for the entire season.

Last edited:
Nikki said:
I am confused? :confused:

I am a "newbie" and I am not sure if this post is supoose to be funny, or is tying to tell me to take a hike from the site?

I watched last night's game, yeah I was disappointed in the outcome, but my feeling on it is, "ok, we got our first loss of the season behind on us......focus on what right in the game (I think Brady did have some good passing connects with Gabriel and I am really am liking what I am seeing from Maroney) and work on the stuff that didn't go right so we are in good form for next week against Cincinatti."

I didn't expect this team to go 16-0, so the loss didn't dash my hopes on this team for the entire season.

Just don't make any foolish doom-and-gloom posts and you'll be fine. ;)

Nice thread.

Its amazing how we go through this episode time and again - we lose a game and suddenly the sky is falling in.

We had a terrible time for long parts of last season and still ended up running into the playoffs at full steam - and I think gave a good account of ourselves in Denver (apart from the freaky turnovers you cant legislate for).

People on here sound like they have been supporting the Cardinals or the Lions - franchises that are truly mismanaged and where blanket negativity is to be expected and not criticised.

The fact is no other franchise has had the degree of success we have experienced over the last 5 years - thats something we can thank Kraft, BB and Brady, among many others, for.

Yet we lose a game against a team that has been perennial regular season warriors for a long time, and suddenly fans are labelling Kraft as cheap and Brady as 'soft'.

I post on a few other football websites and this phenomonen is certainly not a Patriots only speciality - but there is less excuse to be like that here than anywhere else.

Most of these losers will be right back on the bandwagon if we make another postseason charge - and will be the first to stick the knife in should we lose at any stage - claiming that 'they told us so'.

Its the bad times that define the good, though I wouldn't expect the mix of trolls and bandwagoners this site has attracted to understand that.

NM

Last edited:
lutontown_fc said:
Nice thread.

Its amazing how we go through this episode time and again - we lose a game and suddenly the sky is falling in.

We had a terrible time for long parts of last season and still ended up running into the playoffs at full steam - and I think gave a good account of ourselves in Denver (apart from the freaky turnovers you cant legislate for).

People on here sound like they have been supporting the Cardinals or the Lions - franchises that are truly mismanaged and where blanket negativity is to be expected and not criticised.

The fact is no other franchise has had the degree of success we have experienced over the last 5 years - thats something we can thank Kraft, BB and Brady, among many others, for.

Yet we lose a game against a team that has been perennial regular season warriors for a long time, and suddenly fans are labelling Kraft as cheap and Brady as 'soft'.

I post on a few other football websites and this phenomonen is certainly not a Patriots only speciality - but there is less excuse to be like that here than anywhere else.

Most of these losers will be right back on the bandwagon if we make another postseason charge - and will be the first to stick the knife in should we lose at any stage - claiming that 'they told us so'.

Its the bad times that define the good, though I wouldn't expect the mix of trolls and bandwagoners this site has attracted to understand that.

NM

How poetic this almost is....in form and substance.

thewaylifeshouldbe said:
I think I am missing the whole point of this thread. Ban people who tend to see more gloom than boom? Ban people that don't post something you're in agreeance with?

Anyway, what was the point of this thread again?

Yes, I think you ARE missing the point of it. Try reading the initial post again, and try noticing that the person who STARTED the thread just stated extremely clearly that he's "not pro-banning."

great post earlier by lutontown. There are several newbies here who post with tremendous quality. For the clueless among you, I'll spell it out:

We're not saying that all newbies are cluttering the site with horrible threads and posts. We're saying the VAST majority of crummy threads and posts are being put up by panicking newbies. There's a clear distinction, even for you.

I'm really starting to freak out here because of the pats.

It looks like Jabroni might not being able to handle a full load, and Caldwell is a pansy and his eyes are scary
Also Gabriel and Jackson are $ucking and seem too wimpy to get on the field,
I just wish this team had playmakers, but they have none whatsoever.

Ok im just messin.

I felt like i was the only one on this board who thought we could still win last night in the 4th quarter.
They played bad.

So what?!

There are some ***kickings the pats took during the years they won the Superbowl.

They had a bad game, it happens. I wouldn't be surprised if they go out and beat Cinci. I also wouldn't be surprised if they lost. It might take time and it might not.

Last edited:
I agree well said....I think Sox fans needing something to whine about...

I'm only here for the sweet Chinese-themed halftime shows.

Lighten up, guys, it's only entertainment (when they lose).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back