PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The national view of BB as a "cheater" makes me want to puke...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course the big difference here is that OJ did kill two people and that Michael Vick did kill dogs....

And I do think there are plenty of people here that are concerned with BB's legacy and the Patriots legacy. It's part of sports and I'm sure many fans are aware of that.

Those might have been some extreme cases but if you do the crime you do the time. Wether its jail or ridicule you just gotta roll with the punches. OJ shouldnt have murdered, Vick shouldnt have killed dogs and BB shouldnt have blatantly ignored NFL policy. If BB aint whining then why should you? As BB said many times..."lets move on". Agreed?

Those might have been some extreme cases but if you do the crime you do the time. Wether its jail or ridicule you just gotta roll with the punches. OJ shouldnt have murdered, Vick shouldnt have killed dogs and BB shouldnt have blatantly ignored NFL policy. If BB aint whining then why should you? As BB said many times..."lets move on". Agreed?

I'm not going to re-do these arguments over b/c that's not the point of the thread...but I do think the label of "cheater" for Belichick, and having him the same list as Bonds, Landis, etc., is completely ridicolous, and I can't see how one could disagree with that. And as I said before, BB doesn't have the luxury to defend himself.

Last edited:
And as I said before, BB doesn't have the luxury to defend himself.

Sure he does. His defense was "I misinterpreted the rule" which a 2nd grader could understand. He should have been a man and admitted it. People would have had a lot more respect for that but whatever...its OVER. MOVE ON.

Sure he does. His defense was "I misinterpreted the rule" which a 2nd grader could understand. He should have been a man and admitted it. People would have had a lot more respect for that but whatever...its OVER. MOVE ON.

Now that's just stupid. If he felt he had a different interpretation, he had nothing to admit.

I highly doubt people would have "respected" it if BB said, yeah, I did it. Unless he had some schmoopy apology, but I doubt that would have flown either. Smelling blood, the coaches and GMs would have demanded a public renunciation of the three Superbowls or something along those lines. They hate his success and his demeanor and it ain't changing.

Besides, I don't think he thinks he did anything to violate the integrity of the game. And I agree.

I also agree we should move on. Nothing new is being said about this.

Take a deep breath and repeat after me....

EFF 'em!

I feel about these people like Scarface felt about the Diaz brothers.

So, I'm in the office today, working hard, minding my own business. My boss is listening to some XM talk radio Wall Street Journal jibber jabber in the morning and it's loud enough that despite trying not to listen to it, I pick up stuff every once in a while.

So, they were talking about sports, and the hook into their next topic/discussion - which was about the recent steroid bust and its imprending effect on MLB - went something like this, "Landis, Belichick...stay tuned to find out who will be added to the list of cheaters."

I really wanted to vomit. Ignorant, uninformed people who know nothing about football are influencing the national media and forming the opinions of other relatively uninformed people. The general consensus nationally is that Bill Belichick is a cheater. It's not an ignorant or mean-spirited opinion by design, it's simply a lazy opinion, it's lazy and convienent to tag BB as a cheater without truly analyzing the situation or thinking rationally about it. I think even those that think the punishment was fair, even those that are truly disappointed in Belichick, would be hard-pressed to describe him as a "cheater". A rule-breaker, sure, arrogant/definat, whatever...but the fact that BB is now tossed in with cheaters like Bonds and others...I mean, WTF.:mad:

Dude, your guy broke the rules. Why? There was a reason, it would serve to benefit, it was cheating. He f*cked you guys by doing so. I don't care if other teams steal signs, video tape, whatever. He defiantly broke the rules. Who knows what type of help these tapes provided, it really doesn't matter. He did it, it was dumb to do, dumber to get caught. It's too bad really, because as has been stated, did they really NEED to?? The quick incineration of the evidence DOES make one wonder what exactly was on all those tapes. Clearly, in the early years, NE won a lot of close games, games in which one series, or one play could have made the difference b/w a win and a loss. The best that you can hope for is for NE to run roughshod, 19-0. While this won't erase the past, the legacy won't be questioned.

Dude, your guy broke the rules. Why? There was a reason, it would serve to benefit, it was cheating. He f*cked you guys by doing so. I don't care if other teams steal signs, video tape, whatever. He defiantly broke the rules. Who knows what type of help these tapes provided, it really doesn't matter. He did it, it was dumb to do, dumber to get caught. It's too bad really, because as has been stated, did they really NEED to?? The quick incineration of the evidence DOES make one wonder what exactly was on all those tapes. Clearly, in the early years, NE won a lot of close games, games in which one series, or one play could have made the difference b/w a win and a loss. The best that you can hope for is for NE to run roughshod, 19-0. While this won't erase the past, the legacy won't be questioned.

BradyManny2344, by bringing up your issue, you allow clowns like this to continue spewing this drivel. Do you now understand why it's time to just all die?

Time heals all wounds and with it historical perspective will leave this incident as nothing more than a tiny print footnote for the tiny minds to take comfort in. Stealing defensive signs isn't how we stopped you for 4 years when you didn't even have a defense, while it may well have been how you finally overcame a team that did in the last 2. Second half comebacks by teams who suddenly decipher a confusing defense that totally stymied them and made phenomenal half time adjustments to beat it almost at will - that's the hallmark of a team benefitting from in game use of stolen defensive signals. Just ask Howard Mudd. ;)

There's an old saying - if I'm gonna get ****ed I want to feel it. I got 3 Lombardi's that say Bill can **** this fan base any time. :D

I feel the same way whenever I watch Fox News. :)

Wait a min...aren't they both owned by Rupert Murdoch now??

What has that to do with anything? One of BB's biggest critics has been the New York Crimes, and its Boston comrade, The Glob.

Now that's just stupid. If he felt he had a different interpretation, he had nothing to admit.

Ughhh...I hate to keep making this go back to the top but good lord! I think YOU would have to be stupid to actually think that he could misinterpret "Videotaping of any type, including but not limited to taping of an opponent's offensive or defensive signals, is prohibited on the sidelines, in the coaches' booth, in the locker room or at any other locations accessible to club staff members during the game." Pleading ignorance is not a viable excuse. We all know that hes a smart man and is capable of understanding what that means. He should grow a spine and quit insulting the intelligence of the fans who support him. Cheating or not...whatever. But dont act like you didnt know...cummon now!:rolleyes:

Of course the big difference here is that OJ did kill two people and that Michael Vick did kill dogs....

And I do think there are plenty of people here that are concerned with BB's legacy and the Patriots legacy. It's part of sports and I'm sure many fans are aware of that.

and Bill Belichick did cheat in football...

I know, truth hurts

Oh, how the truth hurts us all so bad. Do you really think that Patriots fans, Bill Belicheck, and the New England Patriots themselves are going to care when they all have 6 Rings to wear/talk about? Go away, it's going to be fun when all the haters have to see the Patriots win another Lombardi this year. And then what will be their excuse?

Seriously people, stop bringing up this stupid, ridiculous topic. The most overblown story I have ever been a witness to, and I guarantee Belicheck doesn't care one bit about what these internet trolls and media phonies think about him.

On another note, this server is so slow it's going to make me go watch a baseball game.

I know, truth hurts

Last edited:
double post

Last edited:
Ughhh...I hate to keep making this go back to the top but good lord! I think YOU would have to be stupid to actually think that he could misinterpret "Videotaping of any type, including but not limited to taping of an opponent's offensive or defensive signals, is prohibited on the sidelines, in the coaches' booth, in the locker room or at any other locations accessible to club staff members during the game." Pleading ignorance is not a viable excuse. We all know that hes a smart man and is capable of understanding what that means. He should grow a spine and quit insulting the intelligence of the fans who support him. Cheating or not...whatever. But dont act like you didnt know...cummon now!:rolleyes:

You've already made this incomplete argument in the past. I'll not debate it again. You're continuing to bring it up is precisely why I was making my point to the O.P.

I know, truth hurts

Cousin,
Are you commenting about us to defend the media darlings of the world (Colts) and their best coach ever in the whole world who has never done a bad thing in his life and with the log-in-his-eye (Biblical to you),coach Mr. Martin Luther Dungy. No.....I am sure he had no input in Pollian changing the rules as a Major in the NFL rules committee to allow your Colts to finally win. Now we play touch football against Marvin, Reggie and Clarky so the NFL Colts can win. There should be an asterisk on your SB win (*Pollians Rules) Your refs really tried to give you the win against Pittsburgh the year before and they screwed it up. Pollian must have went ballistic.
Last year three major incidents where your refs put the Pats away. You know it. Even HEBANME your partner in crime admits that. Bob Kraft didn't pout, BB didn't. Brady didn't. That sir, is class.
Is it just a rumor that your head ref drives a blue Porsche now?
We taking bets as to how much this SB cost Pollian.
How much did it cost the NFL to have Peyton voted MVP of the Super Bowl? No wonder a certain RB left. Wait, is this the same Pollian who turns the heat up in the RCA Dome and increases the volume on the in house speakers so the other team can't hear the signals? M.L. Dungy thought he had a fever the whole time, I bet.
These are the same Colts who slinked away in the dead of the night from Baltimore, right?
Oh yea, I forgot. "Someone break Fluties legs!".....Mr. Polian how could you!

Gee.......I guess that makes the Colts.....cheaters?

Tony....."bad day for the NFL?"......PUUULEEEZE. Tony, respect is not given to some who are as self righteous as you! Even though a NE fan I respected you as a coach until that stupid statement. I am sure there are many Colts fans that were not happy with that self pat-on-the-back. Wow!

Isn't this a statement that perhaps the "sullen, quiet, complex, unfriendly, no fun, detail anal, little non-conforming coach" who probably will admit he has many faults, unlike some, who doesn't seek media nor desires any publicity and just wants to do his job (to his wrong, interpretation be damned), was nailed because he is, what he is? There are 32 teams in the NFL. Every single team would hire BB on the spot. Is that not a fair statement? Would you trade BB for Dungy? Of course you would and if you say no you are a liar.

Colt Troll, we shall never know what BB's "interpretation" was. Here is a shocker, maybe the Colts' Goodell will never say what it was because....it made sense?

I know...the truth really hurts.
It would not be wise to cast the first stone, Colt Troll! Have a great evening. God Bless.
DW Toys

You've already made this incomplete argument in the past. I'll not debate it again. You're continuing to bring it up is precisely why I was making my point to the O.P.

Incomplete? How? But whatever.:rolleyes: Read every post I made in this thread. Almost all end with "move on". Im continuing to bring it up? No. You are the one who couldnt help but chime in
Heed your own advice then come back and have a real discussion.:D

BradyManny2344, by bringing up your issue, you allow clowns like this to continue spewing this drivel. Do you now understand why it's time to just all die?

I had no intention of bringing the trolls out of the woodwork, but unfortunately that is what happened.

The point of this thread was to show how the view of BB as a "cheater" is not limited to the NFL - who for various reasons have a natural reason to want to bring BB and the Pats down a peg - but to people who have no agenda, no reason to dislike BB and no intricate knowledge of footbal. And unfortunately, it's this general populous that often shapes the legacy of sports figures, particularly when they've come under fire.

Of course, trolls don't help either.

I had no intention of bringing the trolls out of the woodwork, but unfortunately that is what happened.

The point of this thread was to show how the view of BB as a "cheater" is not limited to the NFL - who for various reasons have a natural reason to want to bring BB and the Pats down a peg - but to people who have no agenda, no reason to dislike BB and no intricate knowledge of footbal. And unfortunately, it's this general populous that often shapes the legacy of sports figures, particularly when they've come under fire.

Of course, trolls don't help either.

The trolls will always come out for a thread like this. That's why they're trolls.

If -- heaven forfend! -- BB ever leaves the Patriots, the other 31 teams will be clamoring for his services and their fan base will be praying he chooses to coach their team. And they'll all say, "cheating? It wasn't actually cheating."

The sanctimonious "ain't it awful" brigade almost always turns out to be hypocrites. It's just a matter of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back