PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Myth of the Weak Colts Defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the Ponies looked good, nay, great on D last night. But that's a team built for speed on both sides of the ball playing indoors on turf at home against a team that suffered a coaching staff wide brain-freeze following the half. Let's see how they hold up after week 11 or 12 when they've already peaked as a team.

Congrats to the Colts on a great all around game..but, if the Colts, Chargers or Patriots played in the NFC the Dolphins 16-0 season champaigne celebration would be history.

Yes, the Ponies looked good, nay, great on D last night. But that's a team built for speed on both sides of the ball playing indoors on turf at home against a team that suffered a coaching staff wide brain-freeze following the half. Let's see how they hold up after week 11 or 12 when they've already peaked as a team.
It is really amazing to read what goes on here (and around the nation) when the Colts perform to a superior level. it seems it is ALWAYS the opponents "not showing up", or "coaching staff stunk it up". Here they were, the worst run D in the NFL, coming off of a 375 yard beating by the Jags, and you know what folks said on Tuesday morning after the Cincy game?

They said Cincy ran too much!!!

Know what they said after the KC game?

KC ran too much.

Know what the Awesome fans said after Colts came into New England last year?

BB didn't run enough.

Billick was criticized too. As were the Bears. And last night, apparently the Saints didn't show up.

Know what some say about last night? Didn't run Deuce enough. Deuce and LJ are similar, big, bruising backs. But in the KC game, the big bruiser ran too much, and in the N.O. game, the big bruiser was under utilized.

Anyone catch the N.O./Dallas Monday Nighter last year? N.O. WHIPPED up on that DOME TEAM in Dallas. Ran wild. Payton thought he could pull it off again, but didn't realize how strong and fast this Colt D is.

WTF is going on with you people? See the game for what it was, a good old fashioned azz kicking.

Just one game, they'll lay an egg or two this season, they may still finish a paltry 10-6, who knows? But give credit where credit is due.

Last edited:
Just one game, they'll lay an egg or two this season, they may still finish a paltry 10-6, who knows? But give credit where credit is due.

Hey guy, maybe you missed my very first sentence when I plainly stated "Yes, the Ponies looked good, nay, great on D last night." I'm fairly sure that means that I gave credit to the Ponies' defense (the subject of this thread) for yesterday's game. What else would you have me do? Get my g/f pregnant, expedite the embro development process via unnatural, artificial means, marry the aforementioned g/f prior to birth then proceed to sacrifice this first born at the alter of the Horseshoes?

Hey guy, maybe you missed my very first sentence when I plainly stated "Yes, the Ponies looked good, nay, great on D last night." I'm fairly sure that means that I gave credit to the Ponies' defense (the subject of this thread) for yesterday's game. What else would you have me do? Get my g/f pregnant, expedite the embro development process via unnatural, artificial means, marry the aforementioned g/f prior to birth then proceed to sacrifice this first born at the alter of the Horseshoes?
Take the "BUT.....blah blah blah excuses excuses" part out, THEN your post will have merit.

"I really like you BUT.........". ......... proceeds to go on to tell the girl all the reason he really doesn't like her.

"You guys are really good BUT....." .....proceeds to go on to say why they really aren't that good.

WhoTF do you think you are kidding?

Last edited:
Take the "BUT.....blah blah blah excuses excuses" part out, THEN your post will have merit.

"I really like you BUT.........". ......... proceeds to go on to tell the girl all the reason he really doesn't like her.

"You guys are really good BUT....." .....proceeds to go on to say why they really aren't that good.

WhoTF do you think you are kidding?

It still has merit and fans have every right just as I do to be critical on aspects of the game that unfolded during the course of the game. Pats fans can even criticize certain attributes of a great win even though it was a great win. And they have been. Are you new to football or something?

I don't think you can judge either team from 1 game. BB always says he doesn't really know what he's got until the 6th game. Shudl anyone have judged the 2003 Patriots after that 1st Bills game? Or judge the Patriots by how they always struggle in Miami? The Colts D did look good in this 1 game and remonded me a little of the Tampa D when Dungy was there. Very fast and seemed to have every play covered. But it's only 1 game.

One f--cking game and the OP is putting the Colts defense on or near the top of the league? - WTF? :rolleyes:

I guess we should then put the Saints offense into the gutter - They will suck on offense all season if you go by this ONE game - Brees will not get 200yards passing in ANY game :rolleyes:

Ridiculous observation after 1 game - Lets try 6-8 games before we call the Colts D squad a juggernaut,shall we?

It still has merit and fans have every right just as I do to be critical on aspects of the game that unfolded during the course of the game. Pats fans can even criticize certain attributes of a great win even though it was a great win. And they have been. Are you new to football or something?
I'm not buying what your selling. Not looking to be annointed, as I pointed out, the excuses are getting tiring. Pretty easy to critique a game after it's over. Had HERM abandon LJ, and KC STILL lost, they'd be saying how he shouldn't have bailed on the run, how LJ would have worn that D-line down by the 4th quarter. Anyhow, it's not criticisms your doling out, its excuses.

I'm not buying what your selling.

Hey guy, I'm not a saleman and even if I were, I wouldn't try to sell you anything save perhaps noni juice. Understand, it was you who took issue with me because I dare to question the Saints coaching in the second half. GASP!!! Obviously you suffer from some form of little man's complex and took that to mean that I'm not giving credit to the Ponies' showing last night despite my having written "Yes, the Ponies looked good, nay, great on D last night."

Also, to us Pats fans, the Colts are known to be soft. It goes back to Willie's comments via his parents that Peyton gets happy feet when he's pressured and so much more. You represent your team well in this regard. But do feel free to keep whining away despite being the SB champs.

^Not exactly. See the antics of you GM and the rules committee.

"What rules do they want to change now? . . . I'm tired of hearing them complain . . . Just be quiet and play football." - Ted Bruschi following the 20-3 playoff win by the Pats at Gillette.

Last edited:
The epitome of class....

"Last year, when he was finally able to see his Colts win a game in New England (though it was in the regular season), Polian, seated in the press box, was overheard saying, "Break his leg" when Pats backup quarterback Doug Flutie dropped back to pass in the closing seconds of Indianapolis' win."

http://www.projo.com/patriots/content/projo_20061021_21patsjo.3143fbb.html

One game and there's more positive posts on the Colts here than I've ever seen.

Is this Indystar or Patsfans? Enough already!

As the season progresses the Indy defense will get slower, its small players will get banged up, they will start missing tackles like they always do, the inexperienced players will get exposed as they reveal their weaknesses on film. It's amazing how people fall for the first thing they see.

Last edited:
"I don't know... the Bills put away the Pats 31-0 in week one... maybe a new power is rising in the East..."

Or maybe it's week 1. Talk to me when we've got some data to go by.

Of course, it is true that the Colts looked good (or, the Saints were totally inept... you tell me.)

We'll know a lot more about how "scary" these Colts are a few down the road. Right now worry about whether the Jets are "scary."

PFnV

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Back