PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The most positive thing I have heard all night...

Status
Not open for further replies.

chunkypony

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I just got home from work, wasn't able to watch the game. I see the score and think that we didn't do too bad, but we still lost. Hey, you can't win every game. I checked Reiss's blog and saw this quote by Brady:

Reporter: "How much of an impact is it on you as a quarterback against the team with a pressure defense like Denver, not having (Deion) Branch and (David) Givens out there?"
Brady: "Oh, man, I am just so far past that at this point. I'm just dealing with the guys we have. I think the guys we've got are playing hard and trying to do the right thing. And we are all growing in this together."

Guys, you have to understand that this is going to take time. I'd rather be losing games now than going 8-0 and then start to slide at the end of the season. We just have to get our act together, keep our guys healthy, and get some cohesion. Many have said that we will be in VERY good shape if we go into the bye with a 3-2 record. That's all I'm asking for. One more win at either CIN or MIA and we will have 3 wins before the bye. I don't know why everyone is jumping off the bridge already.

That being said, I didn't see the game, and I didn't really get to see what happened out there; but from what I can gather, it isn't as bad as a lot of people are making it out to be. If i'm wrong, tell me what happened tonight that was so terrible that we can't go on this season, and we should just give up now.

What you didn't see was a complete and total domination by a defense (Denver) over an offense in every concievable way. Gabriel's score came in what amounted to garbage time.

I don't think there's any doubt the offense will get better. The question is, how many games do we lose while it's gelling? Where does that put us in terms of home playoff games?That's the only thing I care about at this point.

u are right, I watched the game and it was a piss poor performance, but it is early and it is one game. people freak out WAY too much on this board

kptmorgan04 said:
u are right, I watched the game and it was a piss poor performance, but it is early and it is one game. people freak out WAY too much on this board

total understatement, "way" is not big enough.

SoonerPatriot said:
What you didn't see was a complete and total domination by a defense (Denver) over an offense in every concievable way. Gabriel's score came in what amounted to garbage time.

The Denver defense didn't play that great. The Pats played worse than they did. I definitely wouldn't say a complete and total domination because you are giving Denver WAY too much credit.

SoonerPatriot said:
I don't think there's any doubt the offense will get better. The question is, how many games do we lose while it's gelling? Where does that put us in terms of home playoff games?That's the only thing I care about at this point.

Who cares about HOME play-off games. I just care about making the play-offs in general. The Pats won't get there if they continue to play the way they did tonight. And it starts with Brady. Though he put up 31 for 55, he didn't make the throws that he needed to. And he wasn't getting pressured all that much.

Your a Pats fan and you didn't watch the game? You have some explaining to do.

THEARCHIVES said:

I'd say he's pretty lucky then.

THEARCHIVES said:

Yea, i was picking up a shift for a friend who is in the hospital with (coincedentally, due to todays biggest news) a ruptured spleen. Sorry that the Patriots aren't the MOST important thing in my life. I love the Patriots, but I'm a good guy and I'm going to help a friend out, so how about you stop being such a smartass?

Last edited:
DaBruinz said:
The Denver defense didn't play that great. The Pats played worse than they did. I definitely wouldn't say a complete and total domination because you are giving Denver WAY too much credit.

Nah, their defense kicked our rears, particularly against the run. Positively stoned us. Maroney and Dillon combined for 34 yards.

[/QUOTE=DaBruinz]Who cares about HOME play-off games. I just care about making the play-offs in general. The Pats won't get there if they continue to play the way they did tonight.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Though I'd like to think we're still better than Miami, New York and Buffalo.

[/QUOTE]And it starts with Brady. Though he put up 31 for 55, he didn't make the throws that he needed to. And he wasn't getting pressured all that much.[/QUOTE]

He didn't get pressued all that much. I thought the o-line did a credible job in pass protection for the most part. Still, I see a guy with Reche Caldwell and Troy Brown as his No. 1 and No. 2 WRs trying to make it work. That's a tough assignment for anyone, even Brady.

Last edited:
"The Denver defense didn't play that great. The Pats played worse than they did. I definitely wouldn't say a complete and total domination because you are giving Denver WAY too much credit."

Nah, their defense kicked our rears, particularly against the run. Positively stoned us. Maroney and Dillon combined for 34 yards.

"Who cares about HOME play-off games. I just care about making the play-offs in general. The Pats won't get there if they continue to play the way they did tonight.

Agreed. Though I'd like to think we're still better than Miami, New York and Buffalo.

"And it starts with Brady. Though he put up 31 for 55, he didn't make the throws that he needed to. And he wasn't getting pressured all that much."

He didn't get pressued all that much. I thought the o-line did a credible job in pass protection for the most part. Still, I see a guy with Reche Caldwell and Troy Brown as his No. 1 and No. 2 WRs trying to make it work. That's a tough assignment for anyone, even Brady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft