PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The most idiotic article of all time..NY Daily News..BB benching SB hero a joke..

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarrylS

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Guess the NY press is bored also, so they venture into the world of critiquing BB and how he handled the Malcolm Butler "nontroversy".. Myers goes so far as claiming that BB committed the "most egregious clock management error in Super Bowl history"".. and I thought Philadelphia held that honor.

Unfortunately this article popped up in my news home page and first thing I read this morning, through my "fandom eyes" my first thought was WTF is this guy doing?? Guess in the absence of the NY Jets never reaching the SB in almost 40 years he has the right to dissect the most recent Pats SB win..

Was not going to post the link based on the frequent commentary that by doing so we give him some sort of cred, but as the NY Daily News has such a huge following what difference will a few more clicks make..

Here is a clue Myers, the biggest joke in the AFC East are the NY Jets... who have not won anything since Broadway Joe was only drunk part of the time..

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...triots-super-bowl-hero-joke-article-1.2257237

Instead of Belichick grounding Butler, he should have offered him his parking spot at Gillette Stadium and bought him a lifetime supply of grey hoodies as a thank you for bailing him out after making the most egregious clock management error in Super Bowl history, even surpassing Mike Holmgren losing track of downs in the final minute of the Packers loss to the Broncos in Super Bowl XXXII.

Either Belichick froze or he was putting his faith in his defense to come up with a stop or a turnover, but either way, allowing the clock to keep going made no sense…

3 soon to be 4 Myers..

622x350.jpg

The most egregious clock management error was the Seahawks letting a TO get away.

Carroll actually made a good-percentage call. The Patriots had just outcoached him the week before by preparing superbly for the play.

Butler and Browner both stepped up to the plate on that play......Browner blocking the pick player and Butler by reacting instantly to the play and getting to the ball first....Just like they practiced it.....

I could watch that play 1,000 times and never tire of it. I'm sure it causes as much pain to Seahawk fans as the ref's letting the NY OL hold Patriot defensive players while Eli gets out of the grasp and heaves a Hail Tyree pass does to Patriot fans.

Belichick's quiet methods for not glorifying ones past in the present or future is the reason why we have 4 Lombardis. Ill rather trust BB than the loudmouth hit piece the NYDY just put out.

I don't agree with Belichick sitting out Butler for three weeks because he needs the development, but the only joke is Gary Meyers' article. So Butler should have special treatment for one play even if it was such a crucial play in the biggest game?

Malcolm Butler would be stocking shelves at the Vicksburg Walmart right now if it weren't for BB. He gave a slow division 2 corner with a troubled past a chance to compete for an NFL job when nobody else would, he kept him on the roster when every other GM would've cut him in favor of a drafted player to save face, and he put him in a position to make the signature defensive play in league history. Basically this article is critical of BB because he's too fair. Proof that with some (many) people, he can't win. That's life at the top for you.

Butler looks like he took it as a learning experience....but I still think it was excessive on BB's part. One week would have been sufficient unless there's another underlying reason....he WAS in the film room so minor injury perhaps??? Just don't think we know the whole story.

This is just more of BB playing chess while the rest of the league is playing checkers.

Since BB rightfully suspects the league is tracking Pats players looking for anything the Omissioner can suspend them for; not putting the toilet seat down, failing to scoop poop when walking their dogs, etc. BB is preparing his players to be successful when wrongfully denied practice time.

By this logic, Adam Vinatieri would have been named a deity after 2001, would have been bowed down to by BB every day and given an extension through forever, and the Pats would've never won anything again because the entire culture would be trashed.

But I guess that's probably what ol' Gary wishes happened, so that makes sense.

For any reports on Boston teams rely on New York news papers - especially the tabloids. Best reporting on the US was done by Pravda. (Do I need a sarcasm tag? :) )

Guess the NY press is bored also, so they venture into the world of critiquing BB and how he handled the Malcolm Butler "nontroversy".. Myers goes so far as claiming that BB committed the "most egregious clock management error in Super Bowl history"".. and I thought Philadelphia held that honor.

Unfortunately this article popped up in my news home page and first thing I read this morning, through my "fandom eyes" my first thought was WTF is this guy doing?? Guess in the absence of the NY Jets never reaching the SB in almost 40 years he has the right to dissect the most recent Pats SB win..

Was not going to post the link based on the frequent commentary that by doing so we give him some sort of cred, but as the NY Daily News has such a huge following

Can't imagine why.....

1)Tabloids love villains. BB should be flattered.....and request a percentage of profits.

2)Blowing smoke up player's asses becomes expensive come contract time. Wreck's loves/loved to put certain players on pedestals......and then beg these same players to end their hold outs. BB gets Brady at half price. BB has a lot to learn I guess.

Yea, BB should listen to everybody else's advice on how to win. You know, since it really hasn't been working :rolleyes:. .....Let everybody else get the big name player and pay them all for what they've done in the past. Good move. :confused:

Malcolm Butler would be serving meals at the Vicksburg Popeyes right now if it weren't for Josh Boyer. He gave a slow division 2 corner with a troubled past a chance to compete for an NFL job when nobody else would...

Fixed it for you ;)

I don't agree with Belichick sitting out Butler for three weeks because he needs the development, but the only joke is Gary Meyers' article. So Butler should have special treatment for one play even if it was such a crucial play in the biggest game?
It wasn't 3_weeks.

And out-coached him in the moment by baiting him into calling it by going with a defense obviously stacked for stopping the run. Hoodie wins GOAT hands down for that one.

"Hi, I'm Gary the Dork...and I wear women's panties.."

Picture_7.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back