PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Media Doesn't Understand Kraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

aluminum seats

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Everytime I hear about how Bob Kraft might get rid of Belichick over this, I just shake my head. Does Kraft want a model organization? Yeah, I think he does, and he pretty much has it. But he's not some naive, superficial, image-obsessed politician. He's been a Patriots FAN for years, long before he was an owner. He wants what's best for his team.

The other thing is that he and Belichick have a genuinely strong relationship. Kraft kinda pulled a fast one on Parcells with the draft thing years ago because Parcells didn't treat Kraft with respect, and Kraft bristled at that. Belichick does respect Kraft, and shows that. Kraft's a terrific businessman, to boot, and it's good business to keep BB around. The pundits are idiots.

I think everyone should realize that Kraft realizes that Belichick is practically impossible to fire, and certianly not over this.

If I waited 20 years for Patriot season tickets, and this were my first season off the waiting list, and Kraft fired BB, I'd give those tickets up, and I wouldn't watch the Patriots or football for awhile. I would only come back when Kraft sold the team (and I suspect he would have to sell it in just a few years after firing BB--that's how bad things would get for Kraft).

And firing belichick would be the dumbest move in pats history. When you have a coach, who can get you deep into the playoffs year after year, you don't fire them. And the only people who dislike the pats are the non-pats fans. So Gillette won't lose much business, because there are still many people who want to see the patriots play.

Not to mention this is possibly the best team we will have for a long time. I don't live near Boston so I am doing everything I can to attempt to go to the Cinci game. I don't think we will see a team like this for a long time.

And firing belichick would be the dumbest move in pats history. When you have a coach, who can get you deep into the playoffs year after year, you don't fire them. And the only people who dislike the pats are the non-pats fans. So Gillette won't lose much business, because there are still many people who want to see the patriots play.

Not to mention this is possibly the best team we will have for a long time. I don't live near Boston so I am doing everything I can to attempt to go to the Cinci game. I don't think we will see a team like this for a long time.

Let me know if you end up going to the Bengals/Pats game. I am going and would love to have a fellow Patriots fan with me!

I hear ya, but in a way, I think you're wrong--the genius of the BB/SP regime is that they're constantly thinking of both the present and the future. That's why when the NY press talks about their dream is to go to the Giants, I laugh. Their dream is to build something over the years, for history. That's what they're doing. This team has the potential to continue to be great. That's the challenge, that's the reward. The only wild card is finding the quarterback, which they lucked out with. That's why 2013 makes sense for BB.....at that point, Brady will be on the downside (although I see a post-35 SB for him). If they find the next qb after him, he could stay until he's 75.

=====================================

I never looked at it that way before, makes sense though.

It should also be noted that not all non-Pat fans are are anti Patriot.:)

I noticed a trend also with Jet fans, they all seem to like the Jets, go figure.:)

Last edited:

I noticed a trend also with Jet fans, they all seem to like the Jets, go figure.:)

You know, I guess that's good-natured, but it's really nonsensical. That's the problem with these open boards--far too much leeway for non-fans, who really have nothing to add, posting 370 times.

I think everyone should realize that Kraft realizes that Belichick is practically impossible to fire, and certianly not over this.

It probably helps that BB is largely responsible for turning this organization into a successful franchise and earning Kraft well over 800M on his investment. Hard to fire a guy like that. :cool:

Sorry about that, i am not very good at saying what i mean. It seems like no one is neutral towards the pats. For me, take a team like the Jags, i could care less about what they do. I don't dislike them, or like them. I think everyone either hates them or loves them.

Were BB to somehow leave - 31 other teams would kill to hire him.

The only way he leaves NE would be if jerko Goodell banishes him for life and for that to happen, a real violation would have to have happened, not this BS.

You know, I guess that's good-natured, but it's really nonsensical. That's the problem with these open boards--far too much leeway for non-fans, who really have nothing to add, posting 370 times.

=======================================

Hey AS, I have had a few good posts, maybe 1/2 were worthwhile, And I am a fan also, just for a different team.

And that is not to say I dislike the Pats or BB, or Pat fans.

Your point is valid to the extent that my last 5 or so posts have been in jest, even mocking the popular view that most on this board take.

I will try to improve the content of my posts.

Edit: Not for nothing I do bring a different view point which is helpful to those who are looking for truth. Guys like me help to keep this forum from decending into a big crcle jerk.

Last edited:
Were BB to somehow leave - 31 other teams would kill to hire him.

The only way he leaves NE would be if jerko Goodell banishes him for life and for that to happen, a real violation would have to have happened, not this BS.

Funny, I was thinking of precisely that.....since Bob Kraft is standing by Belichick, and that's obviously KILLING so many people--who won't be happy until Belichick has a press conference where he opens a vein, and cries, and pleads for forgiveness--I was thinking how far this could go. What more can the nfl do?? If they try to punish Belichick further, you'd see, I think, a MASSIVE uprising in NE--like, goodbye to the NFL.

Sorry about that, i am not very good at saying what i mean. It seems like no one is neutral towards the pats. For me, take a team like the Jags, i could care less about what they do. I don't dislike them, or like them. I think everyone either hates them or loves them.
======================================

I suffer from the same problem BB_D , I am a very poor writer and speaker.

It is hard to be neutral on the Pats and not care about them when they are so damn good.

Hey AS, I have had a few good posts, maybe 1/2 were worthwhile, And I am a fan also, just for a different team.

Your point is valid to the extent that my last 5 or so posts have been in jest, even mocking the popular view that most on this board take.

Post however the heck you want, as long as you aren't trolling. You've been no worse on this topic than one of the moderators around here, for goodness' sakes.

Edit: Not for nothing I do bring a different view point which is helpful to those who are looking for truth. Guys like me help to keep this forum from decending into a big crcle jerk.

Fair enough. Honestly, I don't really have a sense of your posts, which I'm sure are as good as anybody else's. I suppose sometimes I think it would be better to have a restricted board (not saying I would necessarily make the cut) because there's a lot of pointless commentary.

But back to the point of this thread, I've yet to read a really insightful piece in the mainstream media on Kraft. They don't really seem to know what to make of him, other than to note that he's a player in the league.

Kraft bought a team for a 170 million dollars. Belichcik has turned that investment into a Billion bucks. Plus Kraft has a huge chunk of real estate and a new Stadium as well. They say Yankee Stadium is the House that Ruth Built. Well Gillette is the House that Belichick built...

Why would Kraft cut off his nose to spite his face. BB is the golden goose. And the local fans who buy the tickets and merchandise have rallyed to Belichick. Belichick had a legal rational for his moves, even if non lawyer Goodell didn't entertain them. I fit wouldn't cost more than it's worth, Kraft could do an Al Davis move and go to court, SUE and WIN. But Kraft is a team player, and won't hurt the NFL. So he'll pay his pittance of a fine, and extract a pound of flesh tomorrow, by standing by Goodell, today.

Last edited:
Everytime I hear about how Bob Kraft might get rid of Belichick over this, I just shake my head. Does Kraft want a model organization? Yeah, I think he does, and he pretty much has it. But he's not some naive, superficial, image-obsessed politician. He's been a Patriots FAN for years, long before he was an owner. He wants what's best for his team.

The other thing is that he and Belichick have a genuinely strong relationship. Kraft kinda pulled a fast one on Parcells with the draft thing years ago because Parcells didn't treat Kraft with respect, and Kraft bristled at that. Belichick does respect Kraft, and shows that. Kraft's a terrific businessman, to boot, and it's good business to keep BB around. The pundits are idiots.

BB is the sheriff in this town, not kraft... kraft does what BB says.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back