PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The McCauley of WR's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seymour93

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Jason Hill, WR, 6-1, 210, 4.55, Washington State

Had a big sophomore year, then a huge junior year where he caught 62 balls for 1,097 yards and 13 TD's. Apparently he was debating whether or not to go pro after his great junior year but eventually decided against it. Unfortunately he made a bad choice because his production dropped off this past season, only hauling in 41 catches for 600 yards and 7 TD's.

Two reasons why he had a slightly dissapointing senior year was due to the emergence of soph. Brandon Gibson and Hill's injury (high ankle sprain) during a loss to Arizona which ruled him out for Wash. State's last two games.

Here's a guy that we could get in the 2nd or 3rd rounds according to NFL Draft Countdown. I'd rather not waste a 1st on a WR, instead focusing on LB and DB in the 1st.

Hill went to a Catholic high school in San Francisco. I want to see what he scores on the wonderlic. WR is a position where you need smart players particularly in our complex system.

When is the combine?

Profile:

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/wr/jasonhill.html

Last edited:
hes faster than 4.55

not a very good year but in preseason he was a first round-early 2nd

Scott Wright reports Patriots talked a good amount with Chris Davis, FSU WR..a 4th rounder-5th maybe..

Last edited:
I read on ESPN today that Pat Hill almost benched McCauley this year. Not a good sign and Hill is from the BB tree.

I read on ESPN today that Pat Hill almost benched McCauley this year. Not a good sign and Hill is from the BB tree.

he did bench him at one point..on SENIOR night

Just to clarify, Jason Hill had an awesome junior year before a lacklustre senior season, just like McCauley at Fresno... hence the thread title. WR is a deeper position going into the draft so that's why Hill can fall, but McCauley will sneak into the 1st probably.

Remix 6 said:
Scott Wright reports Patriots talked a good amount with Chris Davis, FSU WR..a 4th rounder-5th maybe..

Excuse my ignorance, but who does Steve Wright work for?

Last edited:
Just to clarify, Jason Hill had an awesome junior year before a lacklustre senior season, just like McCauley at Fresno... hence the thread title. WR is a deeper position going into the draft so that's why Hill can fall, but McCauley will sneak into the 1st probably.

Excuse my ignorance, but who does Steve Wright work for?

Scott Wright*
NFL Draft Countdown

he does his own scoutign since '99 or w.e

hes in Mobile, AL and hes got some good news

look @ his weigh in..some cool things. tells u offical sizes and body types. he did his North report already..im waiting for south

Hughes, CB from CAL has looked great

"An overachiever whose lack of ideal physical tools will become more apparent at the next level."

This kind of scares me.

"An overachiever whose lack of ideal physical tools will become more apparent at the next level."

This kind of scares me.

PFW likes him--quick, shifty, able to get a step, unfazed by traffic, will go up high and make some difficult catches, does not have great vertical speed. Pesky blocker. 4.45 40 (est.)

Hill WR

As a junior he showed me that he was extremely quick both in and out of his cuts. I think he played what we would call the Z position. He may not have a spectacular 40 time, but his zero to sixty is faster than most in this draft. Which is how he created a lot of seperation.

As a senior, first it looked like he was moved to what we call the X position. And second, he appeared to be hurt almost all year, nagging lingering type stuff. (An offseason in Wiocik's S&C program should help that out tremendously.)

I still question his hands and route running, but in the USC game, I saw him making blocks downfield. Maybe he's not Hines Ward as a blocker, but at least he was giving it a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe