PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Jonathan Jones hit wasn't dirty

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the officials got it right (for once in that game). It appears he was trying to hit him in the shoulder, but the other Pats player bringing him down, and Allen putting his own head down combined to make it a hit in the head, which, even if it wasn't dirty or Jones' fault, is flag-able. We'd all be mad and calling for the other guy's head if it was Brady, so I can't really blame Bills fans. For fans it's all about perspective (i.e. what side of the field you sit on). For the officials, it's supposed to be about applying the rules.

I think the officials got it right (for once in that game). It appears he was trying to hit him in the shoulder, but the other Pats player bringing him down, and Allen putting his own head down combined to make it a hit in the head, which, even if it wasn't dirty or Jones' fault, is flag-able.

Hitting a runner in the head is not a penalty. So, under what rule is that "flag-able"?

There was no malicious intent to injure the QB so that's good enough for me.....in comparison just look at that dirt bag who only got a season ban, should have been longer

Hitting a runner in the head is not a penalty. So, under what rule is that "flag-able"?
Must be the "too many starting QBs getting injured and offensive scoring looks terrible" rule? :)

This USA Today writer disagrees with the thoughts here.

What's the update on this? No suspension and no fine?

Happy to hear that he was not fined. Am still amazed that the players association accepts the numbers of fines every week for players just doing something in the normal course of the game. I can understand the occasional fine for an egregious penalty but too many times it is basically nonsense or incidental.

Here eating crow, I thought he would be fined. Pleasantly surprised they saw that he tried to use his shoulder. It was pretty clear but I thought they would fine him anyway.

I agree it shouldn’t have even been a penalty. He ran almost ten yards and saw the defenders coming at him. The disconnect is people seem to think he was a qb at the point but he was a runner, and they all get hit like that.

To me it's a clean play. Since Allen chose not to slide he got hit like a runner. I don't have any idea what the standard that the officials are calling because it keeps changing season to season and is also inconsistent within a season.

"no place for that in football" guess the league don't agree with ya McDouche

that jerkoff should be ordered to eat a bucket full of jackass turds...but then...it's Barfalo...the home of Love Canal mutations

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back