PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Jets are not sucking adequately tonight...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gholston appeared to be handled easily by Samuels. He will improve, I am sure but he did not flash like you would hope if you were a Jet fan. Mayo seemed much more at home last week.

Gholston is starting out from a spot that's father behind Mayo, though, so that should be no surprise. Gholston got a late start on the NFL because of Ohio State's school year and it converting from a down lineman to a linebacker. Samuels is a Pro Bowl tackle.

Frankly, if Gholston hadn't struggled with Samuels at this point in his career, I'd be changing my mind on VG from "probable disappointment" to "probable dominant force".

Gholston is starting out from a spot that's father behind Mayo, though, so that should be no surprise. Gholston got a late start on the NFL because of Ohio State's school year and it converting from a down lineman to a linebacker. Samuels is a Pro Bowl tackle.

Frankly, if Gholston hadn't struggled with Samuels at this point in his career, I'd be changing my mind on VG from "probable disappointment" to "probable dominant force".

Training Camp is where you really get into it, and frankly being a great pass rusher is about as much about athletic and natural talent as it is coaching.

I believe Gholston played up and down in college.

I didn't expect him to beat Samuels, but it looked like Samuels was blocking a JAG. He didn't even seem to try.

Training Camp is where you really get into it, and frankly being a great pass rusher is about as much about athletic and natural talent as it is coaching.

I believe Gholston played up and down in college.

I didn't expect him to beat Samuels, but it looked like Samuels was blocking a JAG. He didn't even seem to try.

I'm always wary of players who have maxed out their bodies before reaching the professional level. Guys like Gholston (And C. Jackson, to name a Patriot) really can't improve their physicality as much as someone like a Wes Welker, so their ceiling is not usually all that much higher than their floor. I didn't want the Patriots to draft they guy for that reason. I just think it's silly for fans to take anything significant out of the exhibition games before game 3 because the fans have almost no information as to what's going on.

Anybody who can outcoach BB as thoroughly as he once did, even for a single game, is not an idiot.

Yeah, he beat him once... out of five games. And the one game he won, Brady's top receiver was Reche Caldwell :p

Losing to BB doesn't make you an idiot, but beating BB once certainly doesn't prove you're NOT an idiot.

like Chad Jackson?

Could be, we'll see.

Jackson's still young and lost a year to a serious knee injury. He caught 88 balls his junior year. How accomplished is Gholston at linebacker?

Last edited:
The amount of nut-hugging Lord Farve gets is revolting, I don't know who I'd rather see fail more miserably next year, Favre or Rivers

Dongs??? That's a disturbing user name ... is that like being double jointed? :p

Could be, we'll see.

Jackson's still young and lost a year to a serious knee injury. He caught 88 balls his junior year. How accomplished is Gholston at linebacker?
As a LB nothing b/c he was a college DE as are most if not all 3-4 OLB's in the league like Merriman, Ware, Vrabel, etc. As a DE he just broke the ohio state sack record.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft