PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Jets are not sucking adequately tonight...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup look at the Colts they hardly ever win a preseason game but end up taking the division then become one n done in the playoffs lol.

its not about wins b/c scrubs play nearly 60% of the game. You take away how guys look versus talent comparable to theirs, when its full collision full contact at full speed.

I haven't watched the game but contrary to most people I think the Jets are a solid team. I don't see a lot of weaknesses, maybe D line but Jenkins should be a big help.

O line - very good
QB - pretty bad or good depending on the day
RB - solid
TE - good
WR - average

DL - average
LB - very good
Secondary - good

Kick & Punt Returners - very good

They usually play the Patriots tough and improved their team a lot this offseason. I fully expect 2 wins for the Pats but maybe in the 23- 17 or 28 - 21 variety.

I don't know how you can say their o-line are very good. The only solid and consistent player they have on the line is Faneca. Mangold had a solid rookie season, but a miserable second year. Ferguson has been a disapointment from day one and has been average on his best day and mediocre most days. In his best year of his two NFL years, he was credited with giving up 10 sacks. Woody is playing a position that he has played 4 games his entire life and has been an overweight underachiever since he left the Pats. Does anyone even know who their right guard is?

I guess it is conceivable that all these guys together can make a very good line. But as I see it only Faneca and Mangold (assuming he rebounds with Faneca next to him) would even fit into the very good catergory. I would put the other three guys in the mediocre to average category.

I think the Jets are an average team overall. They should be in the 7-9 win category. I don't know if that is solid. They could overacheive and get 10 or more wins, but I see them as a middle of the pack team right now. But teams overachieve every year. So it could be the Jets' year. I wouldn't hold my breath though.

its not about wins b/c scrubs play nearly 60% of the game. You take away how guys look versus talent comparable to theirs, when its full collision full contact at full speed.

Even then, it means nothing. Do you think the Redskins first team played the Jets first team tonight as if they would have if they actually schemed the Jets and drew up a specific gameplan to beat the Jets? I don't.

It is about whatever the coaches looked at and they brought out of the game. Fan evaluations really mean nothing.

In 2004 preseason, the Patriots first team got their arses whipped by the Bengals first and second team (Belichick punished the first team for playing so poorly by making them play through the third quarter in the second preseason game). By your logic, the Bengals were a far superior team. But the Pats went 14-2 and won the Super Bowl and the Bengals went 8-8 and missed the playoffs while losing to New England in the regular season.

The amount of nut-hugging Lord Farve gets is revolting, I don't know who I'd rather see fail more miserably next year, Favre or Rivers

oddly all the peyton manning hate has cooled off ever since favre and rivers have stepped up

3rd and goal with :05 left on the clock in the 4th quarter. Brett Ratliff goes to the sideline to discuss the next play. In a surprise move, Mangenius calls his kicker Nugent to finish the game, even though it means nothing and the backup quarterback was having a helluva game. *Ding* Nugent hits the goalpost. Jets lose. Foreshadowing? You decide.

Thats funny. Mangina's karma is looking for him.

Man, does he look weird in that Jets jersey or what?

Did anyone notice the Packers yellow looking shirt he had on underneath his Jersey?

What's up with Gholston? He's looking kind of... lost?

Even then, it means nothing. Do you think the Redskins first team played the Jets first team tonight as if they would have if they actually schemed the Jets and drew up a specific gameplan to beat the Jets? I don't.

It is about whatever the coaches looked at and they brought out of the game. Fan evaluations really mean nothing.

In 2004 preseason, the Patriots first team got their arses whipped by the Bengals first and second team (Belichick punished the first team for playing so poorly by making them play through the third quarter in the second preseason game). By your logic, the Bengals were a far superior team. But the Pats went 14-2 and won the Super Bowl and the Bengals went 8-8 and missed the playoffs while losing to New England in the regular season.
I know the Skins did not have a fuill gameplan but their guys were still out there playing hard and it was nice to see favre look sharp hitting his receivers with good timing and accuracy. Kris Jenkins also looked to be blowing up that skins o-line. Jenkins needing a double to be contained is a positive to take away from even a preseason game

Last edited:
I know the Skins did not have a fuill gameplan but their guys were still out there playing hard and it was nice to see favre look sharp hitting his receivers with good timing and accuracy. Kris Jenkins also looked to be blowing up that skins o-line. Jenkins needing a double to be contained is a positive to take away from even a preseason game

The Dolphins owned the Jaguars tonight. That should tell you just how much this matters.

The Dolphins owned the Jaguars tonight. That should tell you just how much this matters.

like I said before, I take away a lot more from preseason when evaluating players individually not team play. For instance, I am a little concerned on how raw Vernon Gholston is right now. He seems solid in pass rush situations but looks a little befuddled in the open field. Fair?

like I said before, I take away a lot more from preseason when evaluating players individually not team play. For instance, I am a little concerned on how raw Vernon Gholston is right now. He seems solid in pass rush situations but looks a little befuddled in the open field. Fair?

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought so. Didn't want to seem anti-VG by association. That said, he's a good prospect. I suspect he'll get it. Does Mangini tend to get 1st rounders in the mix right off the bat?

I would not be surprised if Miami pulls off a victory in week one as it is in Miami.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought so. Didn't want to seem anti-VG by association. That said, he's a good prospect. I suspect he'll get it. Does Mangini tend to get 1st rounders in the mix right off the bat?

Mangini said he will use him sparingly and bring him along slowly which is something I agree with. Last year David Harris did not get real playing time until Vilma went down at the mid way point, up to that point he was an occasional ILB sub. We all knew he was raw when we took him, I am not overly concerned about his progression b/c he has looked good at times while rushing the passer. Still too early to tell but he wont a huge impact in yr 1 IMO, I have him pegged at 6-8 sacks. Mid way through year 2 is when I think he will show signs of what he is ultimately destined to be, for better or worse

Last edited:
Mangini said he will use him sparingly and bring him along slowly which is something I agree with. Last year David Harris did not get real playing time until Vilma went down at the mid way point, up to that point he was an occasional ILB sub. We all knew he was raw when we took him, I am not overly concerned about his progression b/c he has looked good at times while rushing the passer. Still too early to tell but he wont a huge impact in yr 1 IMO, I have him pegged at 6-8 sacks. Mid way through year 2 is when I think he will show signs of what he is ultimately destined to be, for better or worse

Let's face it, he's a bust.

In other news expect big things fron Dewayne Robertson now that the 4-3 tackle actually gets to play in a 4-3 instead of the 3-4 Mangyweeni tried to force him into. Really made those two extra picks they burned to move up look like a solid move.

oddly all the peyton manning hate has cooled off ever since favre and rivers have stepped up

I don't think it's odd. I think Peyton (the player, not the team) has earned his respect with a lot of Patriots fans. I think there's a lot of people who hate the Dolts, but agree that Peyton is the real deal. Rivers? Pffff... And Favre is just the talk of times, now. Can't get away from it.

I 'hear' what you're saying, but the preseason games are where the rookies and young players learn to adapt to the NFL. For example, VG has now had 2 live action scrimmages to see what he needs to work on and learn how to adjust. It's why I pretty much ignore the first 2 exhibition games. Game 3 will be where we really start to see how a player functions within the confines of his role in a team game plan, where coaches scheme to cover up weaknesses and buttress strength

Seriously, since we don't know what the coaches are looking at, and we don't have coaches film for these games, there's only the blatant that can be taken from such games.

One thing I can say about ther Jets is that if that OL stays healthy,they will be one of the best OLs in the league - Way too much talent to think otherwise and Favre should have a decent amount of time to find open guys all season - It will definately be interesting to see how it all blends in

Let's face it, he's a bust.

In other news expect big things fron Dewayne Robertson now that the 4-3 tackle actually gets to play in a 4-3 instead of the 3-4 Mangyweeni tried to force him into. Really made those two extra picks they burned to move up look like a solid move.

Your right, I had his bus ticket out of NY already purchased.

Your right, I had his bus ticket out of NY already purchased.

Remember you can only label a non-patriots player a bust early - If he is a Patriot you must wait the mandatory 3 or more years before that label becomes effective.

Its a new law just passed by congress this year.

Remember you can only label a non-patriots player a bust early - If he is a Patriot you must wait the mandatory 3 or more years before that label becomes effective.

Its a new law just passed by congress this year.
I realized this law in the numerous Chad Jackson threads. Thats one of the best part of going on other teams forums. You get the chance to see what a fan base really thinks about certain guys who I would be oblivious to

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back