PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Jets are not sucking adequately tonight...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard he's made of glass too.

nah, all man baby
gholston-2.jpg

One thing I can say about ther Jets is that if that OL stays healthy,they will be one of the best OLs in the league - Way too much talent to think otherwise and Favre should have a decent amount of time to find open guys all season - It will definately be interesting to see how it all blends in

Where is this talent? Other than Faneca and maybe Mangold, I don't see it? Ferguson isn't a great talent just because he was the fourth pick in the draft. He had an ok rookie season and a miserable second season. If healthy, he will be a slightly below average LT. Damien Woody is a shadow of his former self. He is not the Woody we remember four years ago in New England. I would say if healthy, the Jets are the third best o-line in the division. The Pats and Bills o-line are better if healthy.

I know the Skins did not have a fuill gameplan but their guys were still out there playing hard and it was nice to see favre look sharp hitting his receivers with good timing and accuracy. Kris Jenkins also looked to be blowing up that skins o-line. Jenkins needing a double to be contained is a positive to take away from even a preseason game

I don't know what game you were watching,but I taped the game.Jenkins was not being double-teamed and could only stay in for a couple of plays before he had to come out for a breather.
News flash...If your NT can't stand his ground,you're going to get run over....which is exactly what the Redskins did.

On the other hand,Calvin Pace looked very good,as did LB Barton and Dwight Lowery.
Why Barrett is still a cb on your team is a mystery.

I was watching Gholston,who is clueless in space...but it is too early to tell.I did have flashbacks of another infamous draft choice:Kenneth "game day" Sims of your NEP.

On offense-Favre looked comfortable and assured,but I'm afraid your OC is going to f-ck him up.Along with Mangenius,who is a
'friggin moron when it comes to offense and clock management.

Thomas Jones?.......time to cut the cord on this disaster....you should have tried harder to get McFadden.

Clowney looks better than Coles,who is either hurt or sulking,again.I hope Clowney isn't injured too bad...he looks like a keeper.

On the grossly overrated side is Mangold the center.It's baffling to see how he is deified in New Jersey.I've watched him closely and find that he is serviceable,at best,and is accountable for your inept running game and poor QB play.

Ratgini going for the FG on the 5 yd line,says it all about how tenuous his job status is.He knows he'll never get another NFL job,so he's desperate to get any kind of win.

BTW...I noticed you ran right over to JI and posted a thread about the patsfan "losers".
You've been ok.so far...just don't talk out of both sides of your mouth,skippy.

We don't tolerate guys like TX on this board.

Where is this talent? Other than Faneca and maybe Mangold, I don't see it? Ferguson isn't a great talent just because he was the fourth pick in the draft. He had an ok rookie season and a miserable second season. If healthy, he will be a slightly below average LT. Damien Woody is a shadow of his former self. He is not the Woody we remember four years ago in New England. I would say if healthy, the Jets are the third best o-line in the division. The Pats and Bills o-line are better if healthy.

I think you are seriously hating on Brick. He has been average and thats only because his metabolism is so fast he cant keep weight on. He is the Jets offseason Jets work out MVP. Look at the guys he shutdown for a 5 week stretch last year, Osi, Suggs, Taylor and the other slips my mind. He has the tools to be a good LT right now he is average.

As for Woody, I dont know much about him but so far the first two games the guy is tossing people and keeping QB's clean. No one has a clue how he will turn out as a RT so I just leave him as a ?

I don't know what game you were watching,but I taped the game.Jenkins was not being double-teamed and could only stay in for a couple of plays before he had to come out for a breather.
News flash...If your NT can't stand his ground,you're going to get run over....which is exactly what the Redskins did.

On the other hand,Calvin Pace looked very good,as did LB Barton and Dwight Lowery.
Why Barrett is still a cb on your team is a mystery.

I was watching Gholston,who is clueless in space...but it is too early to tell.I did have flashbacks of another infamous draft choice:Kenneth "game day" Sims of your NEP.

On offense-Favre looked comfortable and assured,but I'm afraid your OC is going to f-ck him up.Along with Mangenius,who is a
'friggin moron when it comes to offense and clock management.

Thomas Jones?.......time to cut the cord on this disaster....you should have tried harder to get McFadden.

Clowney looks better than Coles,who is either hurt or sulking,again.I hope Clowney isn't injured too bad...he looks like a keeper.

On the grossly overrated side is Mangold the center.It's baffling to see how he is deified in New Jersey.I've watched him closely and find that he is serviceable,at best,and is accountable for your inept running game and poor QB play.

Ratgini going for the FG on the 5 yd line,says it all about how tenuous his job status is.He knows he'll never get another NFL job,so he's desperate to get any kind of win.

BTW...I noticed you ran right over to JI and posted a thread about the patsfan "losers".
You've been ok.so far...just don't talk out of both sides of your mouth,skippy.

We don't tolerate guys like TX on this board.
My name is Revis at JI not K-RO 25. I made the Favre pic myself in the sig. You have me confused with someone else.

A lot to consume in your post I agree with a lot especially mangini being an idiot but a few things. Clowney looks good but they are against JAG's and future practice squad guys. Coles is still coming back from injury (leg I believe). Jenkins I thought played well. He got a piece of redskins backs at several points in the back field but could not wrap up. I saw several instances where he drew two linemen. Jones is too early to pass judgement. The guy had defenders in the backfield every time he took a hand off last year.

Last edited:
My name is Revis at JI not K-RO 25. I made the Favre pic myself in the sig. You have me confused with someone else.

A lot to consume in your post I agree with a lot especially mangini being an idiot but a few things. Clowney looks good but they are against JAG's and future practice squad guys. Coles is still coming back from injury (leg I believe). Jenkins I thought played well. He got a piece of redskins backs at several points in the back field but could not wrap up. I saw several instances where he drew two linemen. Jones is too early to pass judgement. The guy had defenders in the backfield every time he took a hand off last year.

I know you're not Ko-RO 25 on JI,there's no such poster over there.
One thing about the Jet posters is there's always a caveat.It's not Thomas Jones fault,it's the OL...It's not the receiver's fault,it's the QB's.IT's the OC or the coach or the owner,etc,etc...ad nauseum.

You're going to find that if Lord Favre doesn't have a big time running game behind him,he's going to get his skull crushed behind that offensive line.

Big time and Thomas Jones in the same sentence does not compute.I don't mean to beat on you,but when I read incessantly,that
all the Jets are "pro-bowl caliber",it makes me gag.Jet fans have become like the Steelers(who are in a league of their own) and the Chargers......all talk,no walk

Also,I never said Mangini is an idiot.Only that he seems clueless regarding offensive strategy and his clock management is up there with Herm's(see the 2nd Pat's game last year).

I know you're not Ko-RO 25 on JI,there's no such poster over there.
One thing about the Jet posters is there's always a caveat.It's not Thomas Jones fault,it's the OL...It's not the receiver's fault,it's the QB's.IT's the OC or the coach or the owner,etc,etc...ad nauseum.

You're going to find that if Lord Favre doesn't have a big time running game behind him,he's going to get his skull crushed behind that offensive line.

Big time and Thomas Jones in the same sentence does not compute.I don't mean to beat on you,but when I read incessantly,that
all the Jets are "pro-bowl caliber",it makes me gag.Jet fans have become like the Steelers(who are in a league of their own) and the Chargers......all talk,no walk

Also,I never said Mangini is an idiot.Only that he seems clueless regarding offensive strategy and his clock management is up there with Herm's(see the 2nd Pat's game last year).
then why did you accuse me of making a thread over at JI making fun of Pats fans?

If you are being fair you would acknowledge that on last years jets o-line very few RB's would have a good year. Im not saying Jones is pro bowl caliber b/c he isnt. But with a good o-line he can give you 1,200 and 6 TD's. I dont think last year was a complete reflection of his skills.

then why did you accuse me of making a thread over at JI making fun of Pats fans?

If you are being fair you would acknowledge that on last years jets o-line very few RB's would have a good year. Im not saying Jones is pro bowl caliber b/c he isnt. But with a good o-line he can give you 1,200 and 6 TD's. I dont think last year was a complete reflection of his skills.

The post on JI was not made by revis,so I apologize.It just seem suspicious as you are the only jet poster,tonite.Too tired to track down the poster.

Td's mean zilch.....ypc and total yards mean much more.Jones doesn't have it anymore,no matter what OL he runs behind.

I 'hear' what you're saying, but the preseason games are where the rookies and young players learn to adapt to the NFL. For example, VG has now had 2 live action scrimmages to see what he needs to work on and learn how to adjust. It's why I pretty much ignore the first 2 exhibition games. Game 3 will be where we really start to see how a player functions within the confines of his role in a team game plan, where coaches scheme to cover up weaknesses and buttress strength

Seriously, since we don't know what the coaches are looking at, and we don't have coaches film for these games, there's only the blatant that can be taken from such games.

Gholston appeared to be handled easily by Samuels. He will improve, I am sure but he did not flash like you would hope if you were a Jet fan. Mayo seemed much more at home last week.

Last edited:
Even if you concede playoff spots to the following teams...

1) Pats
2) Colts
3) Chargers
4) Steelers
5) Jaguars

which other AFC team is going to keep the Jets out of the playoffs? Sure it could happen (the Jets missing the playoffs). I just don't see Buffalo (Favre v Trent Edwards) or Cleveland (much tougher schedule this year) keeping them out, or anyone else. The AFC is a brutal conference at the top, but let's be honest after #5 it's not that bad.

As I've said before...last year the Jets were hideous (hideous) on the offensive line. That is improved this year simply with Faneca. Brick and Mangold will be improved (Mangold is good, Brick OK) simply by playing with Faneca. Woody doesn't have to be that good to be better than Anthony Clement. Come on.

They had a terrible pass rush. Awful. It's improved.

They had no nose. They do now.

And the qb situation needs no explanation.

Again, you don't have to think highly of their new guys for them to be siginificant upgrades over the crap they threw out there every week last year.

oddly all the peyton manning hate has cooled off ever since favre and rivers have stepped up

It is easier to hate Favre or Rivers. Both are very childish and selfish.

Peyton is actually a decent person.

which other AFC team is going to keep the Jets out of the playoffs?

The Jets.

Sure it could happen (the Jets missing the playoffs). I just don't see Buffalo (Favre v Trent Edwards) or Cleveland (much tougher schedule this year) keeping them out, or anyone else. The AFC is a brutal conference at the top, but let's be honest after #5 it's not that bad.

Besides the two you mention, the Titans aren't very good but they tend to be around at the end. The Texans have been making slow improvements and now just need to step up and take a playoff spot. The Broncos have a tremendous home field advantage so they just need to steal a couple of games on the road to get in the conversation. The Bengals have a solid offense and just need their defense to be adequate.

As I've said before...last year the Jets were hideous (hideous) on the offensive line. That is improved this year simply with Faneca. Brick and Mangold will be improved (Mangold is good, Brick OK) simply by playing with Faneca. Woody doesn't have to be that good to be better than Anthony Clement. Come on.

Faneca is fine but is on the wrong side of 30 and isn't coming off a tremendous team year for the Steelers. If he didn't raise up the level of play for the Steeler line last year, I would temper the expectations of what he can do for the Jets. If Woody is the answer at RT, you are asking the wrong question.

The Jets OL (and the Jets offense in general) will be improved if they play in sync with each other. They don't need to be individually better...they just need to be better together. Since this is a revamped line, nobody knows how that will work out.

They had a terrible pass rush. Awful. It's improved.

They certainly have better measurables for a 3-4 defense. I'm not sure how that will translate into a pass rush though. I'm pretty sure you were referring to Pace and Gholston, but I'm thinking that the key is going to be if Ellis can turn back the clock a couple of years. Getting him healthy is important since they don't seem to have much quality depth behind him.

They had no nose. They do now.

The Panthers grew tired of Jenkins for a reason. He is a tub of goo and one cheeseburger away from imploding under his own gravitational pull. If he can stay on the field and play that true NT role for the Jets, like Wilfork it will make the whole defense around him better. Given the style of defense he played in Carolina and how poorly he was performing in recent years, I would not say that this is a certainty by any means.

And the qb situation needs no explanation.

I'm more interested to see if Favre finds a binky among the Jets receivers. If he can find chemistry with Keller, that would be huge.

Again, you don't have to think highly of their new guys for them to be siginificant upgrades over the crap they threw out there every week last year.

Most people said the same thing about SF last year. The Jets have a better QB situation but if the Jets count on Favre to be a gunslinger to pull out games, you are also going to also see the crippling 4th quarter INTs that go along with that. Instead of looking at individual players and trying to translate their past production to this year, I think the Jets success will depend on how their coaches can blend all their players into efficient units with predictable week-to-week production. I see this as a roller-coaster year for the Jets with some surprising wins and disappointing losses. Then cue the Clash for Favre's 2009 off-season theme song...

Anybody who can outcoach BB as thoroughly as he once did, even for a single game, is not an idiot.

Think about that, he did it for one game. When we changed our scheme, what happened? The Mangina took a laptop and notes with him to New York. He was not authorized to take either. I think those things helped him a little.

The Dolphins owned the Jaguars tonight. That should tell you just how much this matters.

Its a paradox. It matters and it doesnt matter.

The wins and losses are exagerated.

You want Starters, top Draft Picks and FA's to look ready, but you also want to evaluate your roster for the first cut down. Players on the bubble and such.

Still, you can get a pretty good feel for how the team looks. Like in 03 when NE could not stop the run in preseason to save its life. They tried a multitude of NT's but it never seemed to work.Hence, BB dealt for T Washington and problem fixed.

Think about that, he did it for one game. When we changed our scheme, what happened? The Mangina took a laptop and notes with him to New York. He was not authorized to take either. I think those things helped him a little.

yea, I saw that game and have never seen BB so frustrated/flustered. But did anyone ever see him doing anything during the game except trying to adjust to what the Jets were doing? or publicly making any mention of Mangina? or making any hint of an excuse for the loss? Gotta love that about BB.

i read that Favre autographed his first TD pass and gave it to the Rookie.
He keeps tallking like this guy who says he is old and doesnt know the offense that well and is sore etc just to build up an image of someone who is humble guy who can actually do it all on the field. I used to like Favre a lot -my favorite non patriot , but now his act is getting tiresome as the "southern boy" who "loves to play football like no one else".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back