shmessy

Phoenix, AZ/Retired
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Bostonsportsmedia.com on January 12, 2006:
--------------
http://www.bostonsportsmedia.com/

Fire Ron Borges, the Broadsheet Bully
By Kerry J. Byrne, publisher, ColdHardFootballFacts.com and Bruce Allen, publisher, BostonSportsMedia.com.

---------------

Cold Hard Football Facts and BSM joining in a grand alliance to slay the Evil One.

Last edited:
shmessy said:
--------------

By Kerry J. Byrne, publisher, ColdHardFootballFacts.com and Bruce Allen, publisher, BostonSportsMedia.com.

---------------

Cold Hard Football Facts and BSM joining in a grand alliance to slay the Evil One.

Wow. After reading that I've aquired a new appreciation for the word "tool". What a crazy narcissist.

If they don't fire him, they should at least have him killed..

Please bombard their servers with e-mails.This ********* has needed a kick in the ***** for five years now.I sent a personal registered letter to the editor of the Globe as well as the electronic form letter.

Great job , Shmessy

Last edited:
Joker said:
Please bombard their servers with e-mails.This ********* has needed a kick in the ***** for five years now.I sent a personal registered letter to the editor of the Globe as well as the electronic form letter.

Great job , Shmessy
I did my part. Sent an email to the list at the bottom of the article. I'm sick and tired of this hack!

shmessy said:
--------------

---------------

Awesome write up. I've hated this man since the mid-late 80s. I'd love to see him gone.

Borges is too low to merit this attention ... however well-founded and appropriately negative. Not just a " schmuck", but a "schlemiel" (or do i mean a schlamozzle?)

flutie2phelan said:
Borges is too low to merit this attention ... however well-founded and appropriately negative. Not just a " schmuck", but a "schlemiel" (or do i mean a schlamozzle?)

I was thinking the same thing. I've said it before. He only does what he does because he is skill-less and not very bright so he has to do something to stand out.

Not that I don't agree with the basic sentiment, but it's somewhat disingenuous that CHFF's "publisher" is attacking a Globe writer without making it clear that his (Kerry J. Byrne's) fulltime job is working for the Herald.

alamo said:
Not that I don't agree with the basic sentiment, but it's somewhat disingenuous that CHFF's "publisher" is attacking a Globe writer without making it clear that his (Kerry J. Byrne's) fulltime job is working for the Herald.

In this case the truth trumps any alleged conflict of interest.

Here is a simple way to proceed. Copy and paste the below addresses into your e-mail's "To" field. Copy and paste the letter text into the body of the e-mail (and add whatever else you want). And don't forget to put in the subject line of the e-mail, FIRE RON BORGES!:

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Ron Borges should be fired because he does nothing but bring shame, embarrassment and public ridicule to the Boston Globe. I have stopped reading the Globe because of him.

• His knee-jerk negative response to virtually every move made by the New England Patriots organization does little to educate readers.

• His personal vendetta against New England’s coach clouds his ability to report fairly.

• He’s habitually inaccurate.

• He beats up elderly, handicapped men.

• He makes up things about the people he covers.

• He makes culturally insensitive comments, a serious transgression at a newspaper that prides itself on its multicultural tolerance.

• He insults the paper’s readers.

• He misunderstands his role as a reporter.

• He has painted himself into a logistical corner from which there is no way to emerge, except to admit defeat.

• The Boston Globe’s reputation as a fair and accurate newspaper has suffered a damaging blow because of his reporting.

• And, finally, Boston Globe readers deserve better than the Broadsheet Bully.

Has anyone ever heard of the "Fat Jap" reference before? If true, the Globe should have terminated his employment that day.The media has created this politically correct environment that we must live in now...and the NY TImes and Boston Globe are quite vocal in denouncing any slight towards any ethnic group (except whi...).
Come on Globe, action speaks louder than words.

Fascinating. I'm not from the area, so this is the first I've heard of this person. From the article, he almost sounds like a fictional character. A real person couldn't possibly be that bad. But... then I think about talk radio, and I realize they can be.

How accurate is this? Is this guy as big a jerk as he sounds? I'd hate to pass judgement on somebody based on one article.

Pats_Bryan said:
Fascinating. I'm not from the area, so this is the first I've heard of this person. From the article, he almost sounds like a fictional character. A real person couldn't possibly be that bad. But... then I think about talk radio, and I realize they can be.

How accurate is this? Is this guy as big a jerk as he sounds? I'd hate to pass judgement on somebody based on one article.

Do a search here in the forum with all the threads that have to deal with Borges and you'll know how bad he is. And this is only the tip of the iceberg.

bort said:
If they don't fire him, they should at least have him killed..
That's the funniest statement I've read in a long time.

We are talking the Boston Globe here. We are viewed as ants in their eyes. We are not worthy of offering an opinion in their view point.

The only thing may get Borges is the politically incorrect thing. But, they may just have him go to sensitivity training. They won't fire him.

Did anyone hear that radio exchange on Felger's show? Whatever RB says about BB professionally usually ticks me off when it is written, but for the most part BB has always proved RB wrong! Attacking someone's personal life in the "I have a secret" manner is unconscionable and childish. Is RB stalking Bill? What is next, blackmail? RB is totally pathetic. This is the kind of "journalistic" behavior that made Ted Williams hate Boston. Felger used to be a good writer, but now with the TV exposure and his radio show, he is quickly heading down the RB road.

All I can say is that I am so thankful to have football writers like Mike Reiss and Jerome Solomon!

Great stuff Tune! I know you have been writing these types of emails all along and you have been blown off. Do you think having CHFF on our side will make a difference?

PATSNUTme said:
We are talking the Boston Globe here. We are viewed as ants in their eyes. We are not worthy of offering an opinion in their view point.

The only thing may get Borges is the politically incorrect thing. But, they may just have him go to sensitivity training. They won't fire him.

Readers viewed as "ants"? Aren't these ants the one who subscribe/buy the newspaper and keep it in business.

No, our little fifty centses mean squat in the grand scheme of things. The sentiment expressed by BSMW is understandable, but they'll come up short. As far as the Globe is concerned, Ron's transgressions don't happen on their watch. If people really want to see Ron run out of town, the way to rid the region of him is to contact advertisers who are affiliated with radio and television programming that employs him. And let the outlets involved (Channel 7 Sports Extra's Joe Amorosino, WBCN's Patriots pre and post game programming director, Bob and Jonathan (who appears weekly on the show) Kraft - who certainly must have considerable influence over the talent featured on that programming should they chose to exercise it (as Larry Lucching damn well would), and ESPN Boston and it's new local host Felger the ratings whore) know you are turning them off and tuning them out.

All of these venues book Borges because they believe the passion he inflames equals a ratings boost. The guy we love to hate. Even the Globe cares only that in controversy he generates readership. Take away his audience and you make him irrelevant. That it what these guys get fired for.

The real travesty here is that Ron Borges holds the only Football HOF writers vote in Boston. Inherited it from McDonough when he died. Will hold it until he either dies too or is canned by the Globe (since the ballot apparently resides with them). So a letter writing campaign to them requesting either his privilidges be revoked by the Globe or they lose control of the ballot might be another plausible idea. He and Felger were bantering about that ballot as well the other day in discussing future HOF'ers from this team. Felger asked him if Will had anything to do with the fact that Andre Tippet, whom Borges characterizes as better than LT had he played in NY, is not in the hall. Ron chuckled and said well you don't get considered unless a voter nominates you and he hinted Will never did. Ron won't ever impact guys like BB and Brady, they're well beyond his limited scope of influence already, but he could impact others if he chose to. And considering his well documented vindictive nature towards this current team he should never be allowed to influence football perception where this team is concerned. Remember, he's the sole reason Brady was ever perceived as a dink and dunk, system QB - a ridiculous perception that occasionally haunts him among the idiot fringe in the national media and broader NFL fan base even today.

MoLewisrocks said:
No, our little fifty centses mean squat in the grand scheme of things. The sentiment expressed by BSMW is understandable, but they'll come up short. As far as the Globe is concerned, Ron's transgressions don't happen on their watch. If people really want to see Ron run out of town, the way to rid the region of him is to contact advertisers who are affiliated with radio and television programming that employs him. And let the outlets involved (Channel 7 Sports Extra's Joe Amorosino, WBCN's Patriots pre and post game programming director, Bob and Jonathan (who appears weekly on the show) Kraft - who certainly must have considerable influence over the talent featured on that programming should they chose to exercise it (as Larry Lucching damn well would), and ESPN Boston and it's new local host Felger the ratings whore) know you are turning them off and tuning them out.

All of these venues book Borges because they believe the passion he inflames equals a ratings boost. The guy we love to hate. Even the Globe cares only that in controversy he generates readership. Take away his audience and you make him irrelevant. That it what these guys get fired for.

The real travesty here is that Ron Borges holds the only Football HOF writers vote in Boston. Inherited it from McDonough when he died. Will hold it until he either dies too or is canned by the Globe (since the ballot apparently resides with them). So a letter writing campaign to them requesting either his privilidges be revoked by the Globe or they lose control of the ballot might be another plausible idea. He and Felger were bantering about that ballot as well the other day in discussing future HOF'ers from this team. Felger asked him if Will had anything to do with the fact that Andre Tippet, whom Borges characterizes as better than LT had he played in NY, is not in the hall. Ron chuckled and said well you don't get considered unless a voter nominates you and he hinted Will never did. Ron won't ever impact guys like BB and Brady, they're well beyond his limited scope of influence already, but he could impact others if he chose to. And considering his well documented vindictive nature towards this current team he should never be allowed to influence football perception where this team is concerned. Remember, he's the sole reason Brady was ever perceived as a dink and dunk, system QB - a ridiculous perception that occasionally haunts him among the idiot fringe in the national media and broader NFL fan base even today.

Belichick and Brady will both be first ballot hall of famers and I am betting that both votes will be unanimous but for one vote........fricken Borges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back