PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Incredible Journey of Matt Cassel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Palmer's first year playing at at USC was pretty bad (16 TDs, 18 INTs, 54% completion percentage) so I imagine Matt was not necessarily thought of just as a long-range understudy, until the lightbulb went off in the head of Palmer at USC.

The Leinart commit was a bad break.

Man I hope this crazy story has a great ending.

Last edited:
The scene this weekend:

340x.jpg

1191290739_3221.jpg
(Yes, they aren't playing the Patriots, but I couldn't resist)

p1_carroll.jpg

I'm just hoping Leinart is still riding the pine when we play the Cardinals in Week 16 as Cassel is leading this team into the playoffs.

Well done post, patchick. It's been about 7 years since New England fans can genuinely claim they are cheering for an underdog, and Cassel is a genuine underdog in the eyes of every other NFL team.

It was great seeing him throw that 50 yard bomb to Moss, and it will be greater still if he can show with preparation that he can lead this team down the road to the playoffs and championship. He is the man for the job, and I will be cheering for him.

As for the negativity, I do not fault the fans for mourning the loss of Brady for the season as I suspect most fans have watched him since he was a rookie and have personally enjoyed all his success. It would however be nice to see a little more logic behind criticisms that Cassel is not the man for the job, notwithstanding his inexplicable place on the roster over the past several years if he truly doesn't add value as a quarterback. If you believe in Belichick and Pioli and have any understanding of how they work, his presence likely is not so inexplicable and you can answer your own criticism.

ill admit, being the underdog again does come with its perks
no more bandwagoners
more of a thrill so to speak when we beat great teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
Back