PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Future.... what happens if the Jets do get Peyton Manning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Future....

If the Colts cut Manning, any team that wants to talk to him can do so. If the Colts are interested in trading Manning, they can allow potential suitors to talk to him. And even if a trade is agreed upon, like all trades it would be subject to Manning passing a physical. Yes, it would be a risk. But there's probably 25 teams who would be better off with Manning than whomever they already have.
You do what the Colts did: You backload it and/or give all sorts of roster bonuses.

For the umpteenth time, the Colts cannot trade Manning...

Beyond his health, Manning controls his own future. If he is not healthy he won't be playing for anyone. If he is healthy he will be playing for Indy if they exercise his option by March 8th. If they don't he will become a UFA IMMEDIATELY. If they exercise the option and later decide to trade him they will have $38M in dead cap to deal with and no team can deal with that.

If Peyton Manning becomes a UFA on March 8th and he is healthy and believes he can play for another 3-4 seasons, he isn't going to NY because the JETS are too dysfunctional and he's not playing in a market where he's pitted against his brother with whom he'd share an outdoor venue in a cold weather location let alone a division that pits him against TFB and BB twice a season... The JETS are also already up against the cap for 2012 which means more cuts coming on a team that already needs a serious infusion of talent and leadership not to mention a culture change and likely a thorough locker room disinfection following their recent penchant for pissing on each other and their QB...

Re: The Future....

With all of the Manning-to-Jets talk, I should just make this my sig:

"A 36-year-old, thrice-neck-surgeried, control-freak dome QB who has never played well in bad conditions all of a sudden playing outside in the Northeast for a team with a receiver deficit, bad line, declining running game and defense, for the most blowhard coach in NFL history, and in front of the New York media?

I've said it before: I kind of want to see it."

You took the words out of my mouth...

Please, please Jesters Do it! Do it !!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'll be very surprised if Manning plays another down in the NFL. Outside the Dom, he doesn't scare me.

I can actually see Manning going to the Cowboys and them trading Romo to the NYJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST