PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The few bad decisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no problem with toms int. he just didn't get it in the right spot, about a foot off. The lb also made an incredible play to intercept it. Gronk was open. Ball just wasn't where it needed to be that time. He's human, we hate to see those in the playoffs or at all, but it happens.

I have no problem with toms int. he just didn't get it in the right spot, about a foot off. The lb also made an incredible play to intercept it. Gronk was open. Ball just wasn't where it needed to be that time. He's human, we hate to see those in the playoffs or at all, but it happens.
What, yesterday? Gronk was anything but open. He was bracketed, and covered very tightly. Basically, all the LB had to do was turn around and the ball was there. Watch it again.

Fencer are you Steve from Fall River ...:rolleyes:
That blowhard was on Planet Mikey tonight and he finally admitted the Patriots would have been to more than 6 Super Bowls in the Belichick era if he had been in charge of the team ... almost drove off the road LOL. Is there such a thing as being too stupid to be stupid ... that's what Steve is - stupid squared.

if it was thrown in front of him, neither defender would have had a chance......the ball was thrown behind gronk, forcing gronk to slow his crossing and put jackson in the perfect spot.....if the throw lead properly it would have been a TD.

I saw it many time approx 10 feet away from a 70" HDTV.......I obviously had a better view than you.....

HE WAS NOT OPEN BECAUSE OF THE THROW!

some of you are so ridiculous in your assumption that you know more
Have to disagree. There was a guy right in front of him and a guy right behind him. Brady should not have made the throw.

1st and goal at the 3 and you run 3 straight passes? WTF?? Blount was a beast at that time and it was a no-brainer. How about a little powerball? Put 'em away. Sometimes Skippy can be a real head scratcher....like he's afraid to use the dagger.

I was pissing and moaning about that for a while. In a close game that could be a deal breaker.

I hope BB gets on his case for that one.
But no time outs and very little time on the clock. If you run and don't make it, you might not have time to kick a FG let alone set up another play. They had no choice but to try 3 end zone passes, and if those did not work (as was the case) then kick the FG.

But no time outs and very little time on the clock. If you run and don't make it, you might not have time to kick a FG let alone set up another play. They had no choice but to try 3 end zone passes, and if those did not work (as was the case) then kick the FG.

Exactly. It's fine to complain about the coaching that resulted in them ending up with no timeouts at that point, but once they were at that point there was nothing they could do other than three throws into the endzone (and nothing that takes too long, either, since a sack or an offensive penalty would have run the clock out).

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes