PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Epic Season of Peyton Manning

Status
Not open for further replies.
yup...here's my reaction...Moonhead is a fruitcake loser and all cow pie eaters MUST DIE!!!

Merry 4 H-mas, bovine buggerer

Montana certainly did accomplish it in K.C.: He took his new team to the AFCCG at age 37. Favre accomplished it in Minnesota, taking his team to the NFCCG at age 40.
Whatever, it is obviously R-A-R-E.

Well, the level of unthinking Manning ballwashing in this thread is getting pretty epic, too.
OK, I don't want to be a ball washer so let me change my opinion to suit you.

Look, Manning is doing it with a new team after a year off. If you don't get that then you don't get it.

Global warming loves Peyton and vice versa.
If you believe that then you should be walked off a convenient plank.

I'll repeat until somebody hears me: It was Ty, Jarvis and Rodney that beat Manning in 2003, not the weather. It was a very good defense with a very good game plan and a whole lotta holding. And every one of us knows it.

Brady gets praised constantly too. Boston/NE fans have a persecution complex. It's not just in sports, for whatever reason you guys are hyper antagonistic yet incredibly thin skinned.

No to mention reactionary as all hell. When the Pats struggle (like the begginng of this year) you all cry about how Brady and BB are old and done. When the Pats blow out a scrub team it's right back to the "hell yeah FU tour" stuff.

Please, its nothing compared to manning. No INT is his fault, they cant wait to give him the MVP. The last MVP he won because they couldnt find anyone else .They were calling him 'greatest ever' BEFORE the superbowl vs the Saints. !! Really ? Manning is one of the all time greats but he can do wrong according to the media.
And about reactionary,thin skinned every team has them fans including your colts so relax. Dont come here in a thread point common things when Iam not even debating those. If you feel brady gets more or equal recog than manning then thats your opinion , doesnt mean I need to agree with it or be called 'thin skinned' .

"Epic?" I dunno.
"Pretty damn good." Yep.

P. Manning and Brady have both put up "pretty damn good" seasons.

You don't have to be a "Peyton Ball Washer" to heap praise on Manning and you don't have to be a Blind Pats Homer to heap praise on Brady.

Stats are, of course, viewed through the eyes of beholders and whether their glasses are tinted, in this case, "Silver, Blue and Red" or "Orange and Navy." The stats and respective team performances say that the MVP is a photo finish with Manning ahead of Brady by a whisker between the QB's. But fans with Purple and Gold shaded glasses see Adrian Peterson coming up fast along the inside with Eric ****erson's record and a Playoff berth for his Vikings in reach.

2012 Through Week 15
Brady
10--4
Strength of Schedule: #32 (0.453, 116--140)
AFC East Champion
AFC Number 3 Seed
ATT: 560
CMP: 355
CMP%: 63.4
YDS: 4276
Y/A: 7.6
Y/C: 12.0
TD: 30
TD%: 5.4
INT: 6
INT%: 1.1
Pass Rating: 100.1 (#5 in NFL)
QB Rating (ESPN): 78.88 (#3 in NFL)

P. Manning
11--3
Strength of Schedule: #2 (0.543, 140--116)
AFC West Champion
AFC Number 2 Seed
ATT: 511
CMP: 347
CMP%: 67.9
YDS: 4016
Y/A: 7.9
Y/C: 11.6
TD: 31
TD%: 6.1
INT: 10
INT%: 2.0
Pass Rating: 103.5 (#4 in NFL)
QB Rating (ESPN): 81.53 (#1 in NFL)

Last edited:
I don't understand all this whining about Petyon getting more media love then Brady. From an outside perspective, both guys have been covered more in the NFL media then anybody else by a long shot. There's been plenty of love given to both guys over their careers. Brady has great stats, championships, what in hell else do you want? A golden statue of him in front of the White House?

Some other comments:

* Peterson for MVP if he breaks the record. I know this MVP thing is a popularity contest, it is for every sport. I think he means the most to his team then any other player and he's played lights out.

* Manning for Comeback Player of the Year. Not only did he comeback from 4 neck surgeries, but he's on a different team and his team is currently the #2 seed.

* Altitude - I'm sure it has some advantage to a home team but probably doesn't affect the outcome of a game nearly as much as people believe. If it was a sprint or bike race, I could see a bigger argument but it's football and player judgement, coaching decisions, film study and preparation I think all play a larger role in who wins or loses. It's not like the visiting teams don't have oxygen on the sidelines or anything.

I don't think the Pats should fear going to Denver in the playoffs but I don't think most here give enough kudos for what the Broncos have done so far. Manning came to a new city, still rehabbing a pretty serious injury. Mostly all new teamates and a coaching staff. Broncos had yet another new DC in town. To get a team with that much change from the previous season fine tuned IMO takes more then a few preseason games and a handful of regular season games. Not to mention the league decides to throw them a brutal opening schedule in their 1st 5 games (Steelers, @ Falcons, @ Patriots, Texans). Not exactly an easy way to start things for a team going through so much change trying to get used to everything. They made some huge mistakes early in all those games but you have to give them credit, they came back in every single one of those games and had the opponent sweating bullets at the end. They've come along way. The defense has since removed MLB Joe Mays (who should not even be in the NFL IMO, he sucks). The secondary has improved greatly and I think everybody knows about their pass rush but now they rank #2 against the run.

Should be a great playoffs - looking forward to seeing the Pats in Denver. That is if they get by the Steelers or Ravens. I think you can beat both of those team but they are teams that can get things going and surprise ya if you're not careful, especially Big Ben. Sometimes that dude frustrates the hell out of ya. You think you got him sacked, he moves around and flings it for a big play. I don't think you can count either the Steelers or Ravens out right now. I think it's still a 5 team race to the Superbowl in the AFC. Any of those 5 teams can have a good day and spoil things for their opponent.

That's all.

If Favre didn't get a single vote in 09 why should Peyton Manning get the majority of votes in 2012 for essentially doing the same thing?

Mr. Potato head signed with a playoff contending team, they installed his system with stud receivers, a better running game, better o-line, a top 5 defense and overall better coaching. If he hadn't been out for a year with neck problems this seasons performance wouldn't be so blown out of porportion. Comeback player of the year? sure, MVP? the voters would just be robbing someone else more deserving again.

My vote's for JJ watt or AP. If it's a QB I'll go with Rodgers, Brady, Ryan and Peyton 4rth.

Last edited:
Brady gets praised constantly too. Boston/NE fans have a persecution complex. It's not just in sports, for whatever reason you guys are hyper antagonistic yet incredibly thin skinned.

No to mention reactionary as all hell. When the Pats struggle (like the begginng of this year) you all cry about how Brady and BB are old and done. When the Pats blow out a scrub team it's right back to the "hell yeah FU tour" stuff.
So, you want to paint all Boston/NE fans as having persecution complexes, being hyper antagonistic and incredibly thin-skinned? How about this: all Indy fans are straw-chewing, illiterate goobers who marry their siblings. Stereotypes go both ways.

Manning plays great outdoors and suddenly it's not " he can't play outdoors" it's " he can't play outdoors in bad weather".

Keep em coming because they do make me laugh.

facts for you, as of the beginning of his year:

Manning Career splits
Indoors: 112 games, 98.3 QBR, 231:102 TD:INT ratio.
Outdoors: 100 games, 91.4 QBR, 176:99 ratio
Precipitation: 8 games, 83.8 QBR, 11:10 ratio
Windy: 30 games, 82.8 QBR, 41:31 ratio
Temp 41-60 31 games: 85.8 QBR, 51:37 ratio

Brady Career splits
Indoors: 14 games, 103.1 QBR, 29:13 ratio
Outdoors: 151 games, 96 QBR, 278:103 ratio
Precipitation: 13 games, 94.2 QBR, 18:5 ratio
Windy: 58 games, 98.4 QBR, 113:35 ratio
Temp 41-60: 49 games, 97.6 QBR, 91:30 ratio

bottom line: Brady is better in every weather scenario. But... all QBs are better in domes, where PM has played 8X more often

The media's sycophantic praise for all things Peyton.

I just don't get it.

It's worse now than ever. This is worse than any one year I remember during his Colts run.

I've seen known Patriot-hating ESPN bobble-heads all season long talk about Peyton Manning as if he's entitled to the league MVP.

I see one guy on one show referencing his neck surgery 50 times a minute and proclaiming it "incredible" and justifying league MVP for that.

The same guy then goes on another show and discusses Peyton Manning as the obvious comeback player of the year winner, due to his neck surgery, then also citing his neck surgery to justify him as offensive player of the year.

How many awards does a surgery guarantee Peyton Manning?
I mean, honestly...

I keep hearing about how "incredible" it is (it's always THAT word, "incredible") that Peyton is "doing what he's been able to do in Denver."
Everyone says that, they say "incredible," everything is always "incredible" with this guy.

What is incredible? That Peyton Manning, with a top five defense, good receivers, and the weakest division in the NFL, made it to the play offs...?

...on a team that was in the play offs last year...?

...one game away from the AFC Championship?

...with Tim Tebow?

That's "incredible?"

This and a neck surgery is supposed to promise him every 2012 award under the sun?

If you want to give him comeback player of the year, go for it. I wouldn't argue. But offensive player of the year? :eek:

LEAGUE MVP? :eek:

REALLY?

How can anyone even justify giving him league MVP? If you aren't giving it to Adrian Peterson and instead look to quarterbacks, Brady and Rodgers are having better years then Peyton, and doing it without reliable and stout defenses, doing it with a ton of injuries on their team, and in Brady's case, won the head to head match up.

ESPN is like entering the Twilight zone. It's reporters are literally deranged. I don't know if it's absolute stupidity, hopeless bias, or if all of these sports-reporters are out of their minds on prescription medications or something and just completely incapable of making good judgements.

I know we want a Lombardi and if we can take a 4th one of those, Peyton can however many Peyton-pity-pie awards the league wants to lavish him with. It's still difficult to ignore how blatant and ridiculous it all is.

It's like every time ESPN mentions Peyton they all of a sudden turn into North Korean state-controlled television and overly praise even the most basic of things to the point of sounding outright delusional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents