PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Epic Season of Peyton Manning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time I see any praise for Prince Peyton coming from a Patriot fan I want to gag.

Way too much to not like about the guy and his legacy is a complete result of playing in an EXPANSION division in the regular season and the ESPN propaganda machine.

Brady > Manning. Period.

Yeah because the AFC East is a really tough division, right? The Bills Dolphins and Jets are perennial powerhouses.

You Pats fans come up with every excuse in the book. He'll, for years it was "Mannings numbers are inflated because he plays indoors"....now he's having one of his best seasons....outdoors...at 36.....coming back from injury and a missed season.

And he is a total class act. Throwing people "under the bus"? Did all of you attend the Skip Bayless school of journalism or something? All he said....after being repeatedly asked about it....was " let's just say we had some protection problems out there today".

Wow. That was 7 years ago lol. And that's all you have. I understand you don't like him but don't act like its for anything other than some people saying he's better than Brady.

And he is a total class act...And that's all you have. I understand you don't like him but don't act like its for anything other than some people saying he's better than Brady.

for me it's also for how he held down a female trainer, with an MD degree mind you, while he put his junk on her face, in front of witnesses, then paid tidy sums of cash to cover it up (as did the University on behalf of their police force who would not follow up on the criminal complaint that was immediately made), then paid more tidy sums of cash years later when a judge ruled that he had violated court orders by writing/publishing a book that gave a dismissive & inaccurate watered-down version of the incident that portrayed it as a teabagging prank.

Do that today and you do jail time or at least you are labeled a Vontaze Burfict, not a Saint Peyton

Yeah because the AFC East is a really tough division, right? The Bills Dolphins and Jets are perennial powerhouses.

You Pats fans come up with every excuse in the book. He'll, for years it was "Mannings numbers are inflated because he plays indoors"....now he's having one of his best seasons....outdoors...at 36.....coming back from injury and a missed season.

And he is a total class act. Throwing people "under the bus"? Did all of you attend the Skip Bayless school of journalism or something? All he said....after being repeatedly asked about it....was " let's just say we had some protection problems out there today".

Wow. That was 7 years ago lol. And that's all you have. I understand you don't like him but don't act like its for anything other than some people saying he's better than Brady.

Jacksonville Jaguars, Houston Texans, Tennessee Titans.

There's an old saying about glasshouses and stones, you should probably look it up.

Yeah because the AFC East is a really tough division, right? The Bills Dolphins and Jets are perennial powerhouses....

Well, Jets did make it to two AFCCG in the past four years. And end the 2009 Colts' perfect season (with the Bills adding a second loss the next week). ...

Mucho respect for Peyton Manning. IMO Joe Montana, Manning and Brady round out the top 3 for greatest QBs. I just don't give a ***** about the MVP anymore due to the political BS behind it and for the fact that each time Brady has won it the season has ended in utter disappointment. I would love to see him win it, but at this point nothing matters more for his legacy than another SB ring. If TB wins one then it is tougher to argue against him being on the top of the list. Now if he wins both then it really isn't an argument anymore. end of discussion.

Peyton hasn't done anything wrong. The reason I sometimes root against him is because of this one-sided "Manning vs. Brady" argument the media creates just to ballwash Manning even more than they already do. Nobody on TV says Brady is better, and if they do, all the other guys in the room are like "WHOA HOLD UP THERE!" like it's not even a possibility that Peyton might not be the best in the league. Just because Manning is more popular and does better commercials doesn't mean he's a better quarterback than Brady, but that's the popular opinion.

The only "epic" thing about Manning's season is the hype.
Manning started with a new team, let alone a new receiver, redesigned and runs their offense, all tasks that Tom hasn't had to deal with, yet Manning has numbers very similar to Tom. His W/L record is better.

It's something that has never been accomplished in the NFL. Joe Montana certainly didn't accomplish it in KC. I think we're looking at something epic. All fans of the game should be able to celebrate this accomplishment without whining.

I just don't give a ***** about the MVP anymore due to the political BS behind it
There is always politics in any voting scheme, but there is also the problem that the definition of the award is not well defined and nobody knows exactly what they are voting for. There is chaos in the voting. The fans only vote for their homer favorites so I'm not talking about fans. The objective voters just can't really be sure that they are all voting using the same requirements, or that the current requirements are just.

For instance, why require that the guy's team is a top team? No problem if you have an "MVP for Top Teams" and an "MVP" for the league, but really there is chaos in the definition and decision making process for voters.

I hold the opinion that.... I would flip a coin to say who I'd want leading my team. Both guys are doing amazing things and are incredibly competitive.

Manning started with a new team, let alone a new receiver, redesigned and runs their offense, all tasks that Tom hasn't had to deal with, yet Manning has numbers very similar to Tom. His W/L record is better.

It's something that has never been accomplished in the NFL. Joe Montana certainly didn't accomplish it in KC. I think we're looking at something epic. All fans of the game should be able to celebrate this accomplishment without whining.

Montana certainly did accomplish it in K.C.: He took his new team to the AFCCG at age 37. Favre accomplished it in Minnesota, taking his team to the NFCCG at age 40. The offense that you call "redesigned" is the very offense Manning was using in Indianapolis, so Manning didn't have to learn anything new in that area. And pointing to a one game edge in the W/L record, given Denver's schedule, is about as meaningless as it gets. Again, the only thing epic about Manning's season is the hype.

Well, the level of unthinking Manning ballwashing in this thread is getting pretty epic, too.

Last edited:
I'm sure I'm not the first to point out that the article is about comeback player of the year, right?

the afc west is by far the worst div in football

that being said, afc east is nothing to write home about when compared to divisions like the afc north or nfc east

brady's a better qb than peyton historically IMO

montana is better than both IMO

and peyton is having a remarkable year given what he went through, so has brady in years since he came back from his huge injury

belichik being NE's head coach is a big reason brady gets less love than peyton , as stated before

i know at the end of the day, brady will go down as the pats best franchise qb ever IMO

and elway will always be denver's best franchise qb IMO (but peyton will more than likely be indy's best franchise qb ever)

"Mannings numbers are inflated because he plays indoors"....now he's having one of his best seasons....outdoors.

Check the weather for every game this year. He hasn't played in a game under 45 and there's been no real wind either. That won't change the last two games either as the projections are high of 50 with gusts to 10 MPH. Global warming loves Peyton and vice versa. I would like to see what Peyton would do against a defense like the 49ers in conditions like 35 and raining.

Jacksonville Jaguars, Houston Texans, Tennessee Titans.

There's an old saying about glasshouses and stones, you should probably look it up.

If you're going to respond you should at least read the thread and know what is being talked about.

I was responding to someone saying Mannings stats were inflated because he played in a weak division. I was pointing out the East is a weak division too, the Bills haven't made the POs since 98, the Dolphins usually stink, the jets are usually bad to mediocre.

The "glass houses" thing? That was kind of my point...which obviously went right over your head.

So next time try reading the conversation before jumping in.

Check the weather for every game this year. He hasn't played in a game under 45 and there's been no real wind either. That won't change the last two games either as the projections are high of 50 with gusts to 10 MPH. Global warming loves Peyton and vice versa. I would like to see what Peyton would do against a defense like the 49ers in conditions like 35 and raining.

Lol, so now we've got to check the weather reports for each game? Give me a break.

"Global warming"? The excuses you guys come up with kill me. Manning plays great outdoors and suddenly it's not " he can't play outdoors" it's " he can't play outdoors in bad weather".

Keep em coming because they do make me laugh.

If you're going to respond you should at least read the thread and know what is being talked about.

I was responding to someone saying Mannings stats were inflated because he played in a weak division. I was pointing out the East is a weak division too, the Bills haven't made the POs since 98, the Dolphins usually stink, the jets are usually bad to mediocre.

The "glass houses" thing? That was kind of my point...which obviously went right over your head.

So next time try reading the conversation before jumping in.

Oooooooooh, wrong answer champ.

Your response was to a post stating (and I quote):

Way too much to not like about the guy and his legacy is a complete result of playing in an EXPANSION division in the regular season and the ESPN propaganda machine.

Your very first response was "Duh, da aFc EaSt is ****z lulz", or words to that effect.

Manning's legacy is based off playing six absolutely gimme's for most of his career.

Stop crying about it and wise up.

Check the offensive roster of the 2005 patriots .What brady did with reche caldwell,doug gabriel, jabbar gaffeny ,chad jackson shouldve gotten him more props. Instead when manning played with 2nd stringers in 2009/10 (?) everyone ballwashed him how he is still adjusting to his new WR's and thats why his INT's are higher. This yr is no different, every mistake is because of his new cast around and him and everything great is because he has made it better. Brady may have not changed teams but there hasnt been a single yr when the offense hasnt looked different with different players from 2003 on and he still runs it regardless of who is around him.I have nothing against manning but its the coverage which is nauseating. If manning had bought back the broncos last week from 31-3 down and lost, he would have gotten 100 times more coverage than the pats and brady did.
Its just a perception which is built mainly due to how media savvy he and his family is. I was chatting with a 49er fan here yesterday and what he said about manning vs brady sums it up

"I think their personality gets more people to like them..who wont be jealous with a guy who has everything going..handsome, super athlete and model wife.:"

Oooooooooh, wrong answer champ.

Your response was to a post stating (and I quote):

Your very first response was "Duh, da aFc EaSt is ****z lulz", or words to that effect

Manning's legacy is based off playing six absolutely gimme's for most of his career.

Stop crying about it and wise up.

My response was "because the East is a really tough division".

You just can't read apparently.

And the Only expansion team in the South was the Texans......in 2002.

And they've made the POs twice as many times as the Dolphins have since realignment and two more times than the Bills have (zero for those of you playing at home).

So sorry facts bother you, but it can't be helped. Just read a little slower next time and maybe you'll be able to comprehend a little more next time.

I'm surprised Peyton Manning didn't win Time Magazine's Person of the Year. What a sham.

Check the offensive roster of the 2005 patriots .What brady did with reche caldwell,doug gabriel, jabbar gaffeny ,chad jackson shouldve gotten him more props. Instead when manning played with 2nd stringers in 2009/10 (?) everyone ballwashed him how he is still adjusting to his new WR's and thats why his INT's are higher. This yr is no different, every mistake is because of his new cast around and him and everything great is because he has made it better. Brady may have not changed teams but there hasnt been a single yr when the offense hasnt looked different with different players from 2003 on and he still runs it regardless of who is around him.I have nothing against manning but its the coverage which is nauseating. If manning had bought back the broncos last week from 31-3 down and lost, he would have gotten 100 times more coverage than the pats and brady did.
Its just a perception which is built mainly due to how media savvy he and his family is. I was chatting with a 49er fan here yesterday and what he said about manning vs brady sums it up

"I think their personality gets more people to like them..who wont be jealous with a guy who has everything going..handsome, super athlete and model wife.:"

Brady gets praised constantly too. Boston/NE fans have a persecution complex. It's not just in sports, for whatever reason you guys are hyper antagonistic yet incredibly thin skinned.

No to mention reactionary as all hell. When the Pats struggle (like the begginng of this year) you all cry about how Brady and BB are old and done. When the Pats blow out a scrub team it's right back to the "hell yeah FU tour" stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes