PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The case will be heard in NY. MN judge orders it moved

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's probably not a big deal, but the "tone down the rhetoric" instruction bothers me. I know it applies to both sides, but we've been hearing the NFL's version of things for months. Yesterday was the first time we got some pushback from Brady's side and none of it was as outrageous as the leaks by the league. Today, everyone is told to cut it out and act like a professional.

Roger found Kraft's announcement highly offensive. The Judge just wants to make sure Roger doesn't show up in court teary eyed.

Roger found Kraft's announcement highly offensive. The Judge just wants to make sure Roger doesn't show up in court teary eyed.

He might be teary eyed on August 13th if Doty finds him in contempt of court re: the peterson case

I just hope Kraft isn't apologizing again after the next owners meeting...

so judge wants them to settle..meaning Brady takes some games? Screw that...why do you think the case reached your desk in the first place..dummy

The NFL and NFLPA are probably too far apart to agree on number of games, but if they wanted to, both sides could save face by agreeing to something like re-arbitration with a new hearing officer. I'm sympathetic to Berman here. This doesn't HAVE to be hashed out in a court of law.

The NFL and NFLPA are probably too far apart to agree on number of games, but if they wanted to, both sides could save face by agreeing to something like re-arbitration with a new hearing officer. I'm sympathetic to Berman here. This doesn't HAVE to be hashed out in a court of law.

I would as a fan accept a neutral arbitrators ruling. That's all I think they really wanted to begin with.

It's a probability game. To use made up numbers, if you feel court A has 10 sympathetic judges and 3 unsympathetic ones out of 20, but court B has just 8 sympathetic and 6 unsympathetic out of 20, you go with court A.
You're probably right. But, in this case it looks like it might have backfired and they got one of the 3 in Court A. Still an uphill battle, though.

There's nothing to settle on. NFL has taken a dump on the CBA.

The NFL is basically using a credit card arbitration debt collection tactic in a labor case. Court may not like that one bit.

They didn't even sign the cover sheet....

craftiness? lol The lawyer that filed it was so in a rush he forgot to sign the cover page.

makes sense

the league is run by capable businessmen, not conniving lawyers

its actually refreshing in a quixotic and nostalgic kind of way

im old enough to remember fondly when the Jeffrey Kesslers of the world didnt run things in this country

those were the days when a man's word was his bond and deals were done over an honest handshake

It looks to me like Berman is saying to both sides, "Chill. Let me see a good faith effort to work this out or I'll work it out for you and one or both of you might not like how I work it out."

Nothing has gone NE's way with this whole thing. I think we're about to be even more disappointed.

I honestly don't give a crap. I stopped paying attention about a week before the SB was played. All I need to do now is look back at the season we just had.

The Pats have had a whole hell of a lot of firsts on the field, where it counts.

I'm OK with how things are going so far. Berman seems alright, we could get a hell of a lot worse, it seems.

Even if Brady's team loses entirely, I'll be OK with it as long as I know he did everything he could to fight it. I would still hate the league office, but I would just support Brady and hope for the best from Jimmy G in the interim. Not really anything we can do about it, so best to not get too emotionally invested.

I mean there was a confidentiality agreement to not release the artbiration meeting minutes.
Didn't Bill Cosby have a confidentiality agreement? How'd that work out?

The judge who used to represent the NFL is the Minn judge, not the NY one.

I thought I read somewhere that Berman once worked at a firm that handled an NFL matter. I also recall reading somewhere that he and Kessler worked at the same firm (I don't know whether it was at the same time).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back