PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Bitter Tears of the American Christian Supermajority

I disagree that it has anything to do with the attention companies pay to Christians. It's how self-important and self-righteous they think they are.

I know a lot of practicing Christians but I don't know any that are self-righteous about it. But whenever I meet someone that is, I also get turned off. But that doesn't happen too often. The WORST are those that knock on your door.

So you don't think many non-Christians get disturbed by the corporate attention Christian holidays get? If so, we definitely disagree.

My company is very progressive, yet Good Friday is one of our holidays. And it says, "Good Friday" on the list of holidays.

Well as an ex catholic I can tell you that RI Pats is a mainstream PRACTICING Catholic who understands the tenets of the faith quite well. His views are not at all extreme in the context of what the teaching of his church are.

I'm an ex-Catholic too and his views are not mainstream and the ones that are in the context of the church's teachings are why people would like the church and it's followers to shut up. He is all about the dogma and doesn't practices any of the charitable or compassionate teaching of Jesus. He cherry picks gospel that fits his message but if anybody else uses a quote they get :rolleyes: and a bunch of demeaning sarcasm. He is no saint.

6392d1396244745-bitter-tears-american-christian-supermajority-image.jpg

This was on my FB today.

That's an interesting picture, BYU.....even more interesting is why you seem to think it is aimed at "Christians."

It says, quite plainly, "God," and shows three unnamed pictures of what are most likely 2 places of worship and what looks like one football stadium - but nowhere does it mention Christianity.

You are aware that Jews and Muslims have places of worship and believe in God, aren't you?

That's an interesting picture, BYU.....even more interesting is why you seem to think it is aimed at "Christians."

It says, quite plainly, "God," and shows three unnamed pictures of what are most likely 2 places of worship and what looks like one football stadium - but nowhere does it mention Christianity.

You are aware that Jews and Muslims have places of worship and believe in God, aren't you?

I would actually think that the picture there was put out by a Christian. I dabbled in evangelical Christianity for a few crazy years, and this would have been a popular message with that crowd.

I would actually think that the picture there was put out by a Christian. I dabbled in evangelical Christianity for a few crazy years, and this would have been a popular message with that crowd.

You could very well be right.....

That first building is a Mormon temple.....and there are a whole lot of Christians who do not think that Mormons are Christians.

the one about the Mormon temple in Indy?

Well as an ex catholic I can tell you that RI Pats is a mainstream PRACTICING Catholic who understands the tenets of the faith quite well. His views are not at all extreme in the context of what the teaching of his church are.

As someone that grew up attending Catholic mass, went to Catholic college, and still attends Catholic mass, I can say that his anger and bitterness and disdain for people who he views as different from him is quite atypical of most Catholics I know.

This discrimination and hatred has nothing to do with faith and doctrine and everything to do with severe underlying issues.

You attacks are a pretty good example of the hatred of mainstream christians held by the left.

Congrats.

Your attacks and biased commentary are a perfect example of why most people are glad you're no longer a mod.

Congrats.

I'm an ex-Catholic too and his views are not mainstream and the ones that are in the context of the church's teachings are why people would like the church and it's followers to shut up. He is all about the dogma and doesn't practices any of the charitable or compassionate teaching of Jesus. He cherry picks gospel that fits his message but if anybody else uses a quote they get :rolleyes: and a bunch of demeaning sarcasm. He is no saint.

I'd say that he's all about himself and the opportunity to pontificate and hold himself up with an air of moral superiority while dismissing everyone with sneering arrogance.

Yep, he's several miracles shy of sainthood.

He whosoever believeth in me shall have everlasting life;

Do not forsake me oh my darling.

Brothers and sisters slim and stout
Gather round and get your prayer books out.

I say unto thee "kill the bastards"

Man on shore watching the Ark sail away bids farewell "f--k you Noah"
Noah stands on the bow and raises his staff then yells "f--k you too you bastard"

:singing:
Deformed Lutheran looks up to the heavens and says.
"why me God"
Voice comes back from the clouds.
"because you piss me off you stinking creep"

He understand the theology of the church very well and by mainstream I mean following the teaching of the church.

Perhaps from the POV of a Cafeteria Catholic someone actually beliving in the teaching of the church seems extreme.

He understand the theology of the church very well and by mainstream I mean following the teaching of the church.

Perhaps from the POV of a Cafeteria Catholic someone actually beliving in the teaching of the church seems extreme.

OT: this may be accurate. But I don't think the truly mainstream Catholics in America are particularly well versed in the church's teachings.

The mainstream, from what I saw growing up, are much closer to what you've dubbed cafeteria Catholics.

OT: this may be accurate. But I don't think the truly mainstream Catholics in America are particularly well versed in the church's teachings.

The mainstream, from what I saw growing up, are much closer to what you've dubbed cafeteria Catholics.

The Catholic Church isn't a democracy or a republic. They are a church that gets their teachings from the Bible and the Pope in ROme whom they believe is God's rep on Earth.

Not my rules.

I find it funny when people attack a guy who actually believe the chruch teaching instead of identifying catholic and ignoring the teachings....

YMMV.

BTW I have more than a few family members who are clergy including a (biological) sister who is a nun.

The Catholic Church isn't a democracy or a republic. They are a church that gets their teachings from the Bible and the Pope in ROme whom they believe is God's rep on Earth.

Not my rules.

I find it funny when people attack a guy who actually believe the chruch teaching instead of identifying catholic and ignoring the teachings....

YMMV.

BTW I have more than a few family members who are clergy including a (biological) sister who is a nun.

Virtually nothing you said here actually corresponds to my post you're supposedly responding to.

I didn't say anything about democracies or republics. I'm also not the one who brought up the term "mainstream." But if you're going to use that term with regard to the church, you don't get to just change its meaning.

I also didnt say anything about the church's "rules." Nor did I attack RI.

I also have no idea how your family being clergy is relevant to anything.

You post is noise as far as catholicism is concerned. You speak about the beliefs of cafeteria catholics as if that defines mainstream catholic belief.

Thank you Patsfan13.... but you are wasting your time. True Progressives can never accept the God of the RCC and by extension his true church and his revelation to his true church.

They try to change the faith of his true church by pointing out individuals who claim to follow the RCC....people who bastardize the RCC faith with their Progressive values. But it's a lie. Always has been a lie...always will be a lie.

The teachings of the Catholic church are clearly found in the Catechism given to us by God the Holy Spirit through the Magisterium. Popular opinion....polls.........all meaningless.

Isn't it funny how they claim to know what the "true" church teaches, yet they have never once used the RCC catechism successfully to point out the error of my ways. Hmmm...I wonder why (ok, not really).

Oh and Progressives who have made comments about me in this thread......thank you, you made my day. :D I wish you could see the big big smile I have my face right now reading your judgmental and intolerant comments about me. It only strengthens my resolve knowing that so many Progressives dislike me. As a Catholic, it only clearly demonstrates even further that I'm headed in the right direction. So thank you. :D

BTW, I feel pity for you Progressives....being so lost. I sincerely hope that you find our Lord and Savior ************ and his truth found in the true teachings of the RCC. God Bless you.

You post is noise as far as catholicism is concerned. You speak about the beliefs of cafeteria catholics as if that defines mainstream catholic belief.

You're the one calling people cafeteria Catholics. Your term, not mine.

What I'm telling you, even if you don't like it or you want to insult them, is that most Catholics I came across -- coming from a catholic family and being raised in the Catholic Church -- were not nearly as well versed in the teachings of the church as RI is. Same goes for my many schoolmates and other friends who were raised Catholic.

I can think of maybe one person who fits the profile of what I've seen from RI here in terms of knowledge of his faith. (Excluding priests, etc. -- I'm talking churchgoers, not clergy)

You're the one calling people cafeteria Catholics. Your term, not mine.

Yes I am. I did 12 years of Catholic Education including Religion class every day through Elementary school and High School. learned Latin the whole gig. Have a few relatives who are Priests, my sister who is a Nun and so on. I know the difference between folks who actually take the Church seriously and those who are cafeteria catholics.

Calling someone who is a catholic because they actaually believe in their church strikes me as funny.

BTW I am not the one who started the namecalling others who attacked RI Pats Fans are.

WOnder why there name calling didn't bother you?

What I'm telling you, even if you don't like it or you want to insult them, is that most Catholics I came across -- coming from a catholic family and being raised in the Catholic Church -- were not nearly as well versed in the teachings of the church as RI is. Same goes for my many schoolmates and other friends who were raised Catholic.

I can think of maybe one person who fits the profile of what I've seen from RI here in terms of knowledge of his faith. (Excluding priests, etc. -- I'm talking churchgoers, not clergy)

Most likely they aren't as well versed. I know any number of people who are as well versed in Church teaching as RI Pats Fans. I went to school with a lot of them. I also know lots of people who call themselves catholic who promote practices like abortion which are condemned by their church. See some the politicians who are cafeteria catholics.

You chastise me for challenging the characterizing RI Pats Fan as an "exter catholic", yet you are silent about those how attack him?

Funny stuff guess you just enjoy stalking me. Or perhaps....

So which are exteme and which are mainstream?

I doubt the Pope would agree with calling Progressives vastly worse than Fred Phelps.

I realize that you feel obligated to throw your weight behind everything RIPF says, because he expresses such disdain for left-wingers and espouses right-wing viewpoints, but this fairly pathetic.

Oh and Progressives who have made comments about me in this thread......thank you, you made my day. :D I wish you could see the big big smile I have my face right now reading your judgmental and intolerant comments about me. It only strengthens my resolve knowing that so many Progressives dislike me. As a Catholic, it only clearly demonstrates even further that I'm headed in the right direction. So thank you. :D

BTW, I feel pity for you Progressives....being so lost. I sincerely hope that you find our Lord and Savior ************ and his truth found in the true teachings of the RCC. God Bless you.

More projection from you.

I truly pity anyone that has as much anger and disdain as you do.

The fact that you chortle at Trayvon Martin's death and are absolutely delirious over Zimmerman walking over it, the fact that you consider Progressives to be such scum....

Actually, you might be even more hateful than Fred Phelps.

Quite the accomplishment.

Let's have a discussion ... not throw insults.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back